•  

Photo

MJD Out Thursday Night [Merge]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 tfunky14

tfunky14
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) has been ruled out for Week 10.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 chad72

chad72
  • 8454 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yay!!! Colts win 24-17 with Gabbert yet again throwing a last minute TD, except this time it will be a garbage one :).

#3 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Colts should definitely win.

But this could be our trap game.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#4 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2802 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

http://profootballta...play-next-week/

I'll take it.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I wish he was playin, we can beat the Jags with him, now the talk will be if we win it was because Drew was out

#6 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2802 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I wish he was playin, we can beat the Jags with him, now the talk will be if we win it was because Drew was out

I doubt it. They haven't won many games with him. Even when they beat us, it wasn't because of him.

#7 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Colts should definitely win.

But this could be our trap game.

Are you kidding!! We arn't good enough to have a true "Trap Game". For our group of young guys every game is a "TRAP GAME" That's what makes this season so exciting. I feel like I'm having a heart attack every week!!!

:coltslogo: GO COLTS!! :coltsfb: Bring on the Nitro!!

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#8 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

:dancing: :rock: :monkeydance: :banana: :yahoo: :excited:

Believe In Blue!!!

#9 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

That breaks my heart.......now who are we going to have? Chappell said today that 6 went down yesterday....Justice, Mathis, Satele, Avery, and I guess Powers with a toe? Who was the 6th that I am forgetting...or is that correct?

Chappell said on the Herd that with the short week...all six would more than likely NOT play. If anyone knows the actual 6...my Powers was a guess, and Donald Brown was my 6th with the swollen knee.....thanks. :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#10 open window

open window
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I doubt it. They haven't won many games with him. Even when they beat us, it wasn't because of him.

yeah, he had a quiet 175 rushing yards. Maybe you were being sarcastic?

Billy Dee Williams says...

"It works every time!"

#11 Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I don't care how we win or who they have on the field or how ppl view it as long as we win!

#12 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Huge news, but I agree with the argument that it would be best to beat them with all of their weapons healthy.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#13 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6328 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I don't think he was being sarcastic. We didn't lose that game because of MJD.

#14 IamSAR

IamSAR
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

An actual colts forum where people are active on it, thank you! I hope colts can start off like they did the last game against Jags, but try not to finish it the exact same way. I still can't believe that game ended that way...

#15 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6328 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

An actual colts forum where people are active on it, thank you! I hope colts can start off like they did the last game against Jags, but try not to finish it the exact same way. I still can't believe that game ended that way...

Welcome aboard! Plenty of good discussions here. (Some not so good, but still fun)

#16 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2802 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

175 rushing yards, sure.

It took a blown coverage in a prevent defense to beat us.

#17 open window

open window
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

175 rushing yards, sure.

It took a blown coverage in a prevent defense to beat us.

He kept them in that game, Gabbert had like 85 yards passing until that blown coverage. MJD controlled that whole game for the Jags.

"It works every time!"

#18 open window

open window
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

MJD is a Colts killer I hope he gets healthy but glad he is out.

"It works every time!"

#19 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2586 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

How I long for the moral victory of beating the JAGS With MJD. Would remember it Always. There are some real ......

#20 Coltscodeblue

Coltscodeblue
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Maurice Jones Drew has stated a bunch of times he was ticked that the Colts passed him up in the 06 draft and then picked J.Addai over him and and then later stated after the Colts won the SB he lost out on a chance for that Super Bowl win and would make the Colts really pay now every time they played against them, so when he was holding out and people discussed the Colts should try to get him and besides the same conference let alone what he said over the years I knew it wouldn't happen, He 1st showed his anger against the Colts on December 10, 2006, Jones-Drew set a franchise record with 166 rushing yards and 303 All-Purpose Yards, which included a 93-yard kickoff return for touchdown. And he really kick Colts butt 1st game this year with 177 rushing yards. If the Colts took a chance on him in 06 and the way he does play I could have seen the Colts be in at least 3 SB or more and win all of them with him over J.Addai, but that of course is a guess, but would have been interesting to say the least ;}

I pre-appoligize for a future of not a sniff of AFC South Championships for other AFC South teams in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Luck retires!!!!!

#21 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 1957 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I hear you but who cares. Just get the "W". 6-3 will look just as good if we beat them with MoJo or without.
"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#22 Andy

Andy
  • 8604 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

MJD out and the game's in Jax.

Should be around 48 fans at the game. That's 47 better than last week...

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#23 DarkHorseColts

DarkHorseColts
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

I don't care how we win or who they have on the field or how ppl view it as long as we win!

Ditto. Short week, road game, divisional opponent, short-handed due to injuries... try to get a W, get it over with, and rest up for the trip to NE...

#24 BaltimoreColt1973

BaltimoreColt1973
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

MJD is a Colts killer I hope he gets healthy but glad he is out.

He is like David Ortiz to the Yankees

#25 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Are you kidding!! We arn't good enough to have a true "Trap Game". For our group of young guys every game is a "TRAP GAME" That's what makes this season so exciting. I feel like I'm having a heart attack every week!!!

:coltslogo: GO COLTS!! :coltsfb: Bring on the Nitro!!

No, I am not kidding. Most of the people believe that we are a lot better than the Jags, so if we do lose, that is 2 losses to lowly Jacksonville.

I consider this game to be a trap game because we are much more talented, especially with MJD out this week.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#26 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

That breaks my heart.......now who are we going to have? Chappell said today that 6 went down yesterday....Justice, Mathis, Satele, Avery, and I guess Powers with a toe? Who was the 6th that I am forgetting...or is that correct?

Chappell said on the Herd that with the short week...all six would more than likely NOT play. If anyone knows the actual 6...my Powers was a guess, and Donald Brown was my 6th with the swollen knee.....thanks. :)

I did not see any responses to my question....Mike Chappell of the Star provided this.....all players are day to day and there is a good chance NONE will play witht the short turn-around:

"Rookie tight end Coby Fleener (shoulder) and cornerback Vontae Davis (knee) already have been ruled out. Six players were unable to finish the Miami game: running back Donald Brown (knee), linebacker Robert Mathis (back), cornerback Jerraud Powers (toe), center Samson Satele (back), wide receiver Donnie Avery (hip) and right tackle Winston Justice (knee)."

I see people talking about Jacksonville as a TRAP game. Every game is to be prepared for as a TRAP game.....this team was picked by some to go 0-16.....1-15, 2-14........I predicted 6-10.
Each game needs preparation, practice.....and then the game....there is ZERO looking ahead for this young team. Please lets quit talking playoffs, and look at the next game: Thursday night at 820 EST. ONE game at a time.... GO :shoe: :helmet: :throwback: :coltshelmet: :coltslogo: :coltshorse: :coltsfb: :colts:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#27 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2527 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Fleener is the 6th I think we lost vs. Miami, and Brown is unfortunately also out.

Edit:
Sorry, so Brown was 6th down...

Docs are setting up our starting lines...

I've stated it many times: IMO there is no "winnable" or "must-win" games for Colts yet. This is a rookie team with thin depth!

Still hoping for a win, but it isn't such obvious.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan, 06 November 2012 - 08:36 AM.

COLTSTRONG

#28 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3486 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Maurice Jones Drew has stated a bunch of times he was ticked that the Colts passed him up in the 06 draft and then picked J.Addai over him and and then later stated after the Colts won the SB he lost out on a chance for that Super Bowl win and would make the Colts really pay now every time they played against them, so when he was holding out and people discussed the Colts should try to get him and besides the same conference let alone what he said over the years I knew it wouldn't happen, He 1st showed his anger against the Colts on December 10, 2006, Jones-Drew set a franchise record with 166 rushing yards and 303 All-Purpose Yards, which included a 93-yard kickoff return for touchdown. And he really kick Colts butt 1st game this year with 177 rushing yards. If the Colts took a chance on him in 06 and the way he does play I could have seen the Colts be in at least 3 SB or more and win all of them with him over J.Addai, but that of course is a guess, but would have been interesting to say the least ;}

Man.....just think if Na'Polian would've picked pocket Hercules instead of Addai.

#29 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2048 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Man.....just think if Na'Polian would've picked pocket Hercules instead of Addai.

It would only change who we are frustrated about... because nobody here want to own that it's the OLine.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#30 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

It would only change who we are frustrated about... because nobody here want to own that it's the OLine.

Kenton Keith was a bad bad man.....and at least Mike had 'Hart'......The OL was to A----die for " :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#31 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Even with MJD out Jennings is a pretty good back. Now with a lot of starters possibly out once again it could be bad. Possibly 2 starting corners not playing could be really bad. Good thing the Jags pass game is horrible.

#32 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10708 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Even with MJD out Jennings is a pretty good back. Now with a lot of starters possibly out once again it could be bad. Possibly 2 starting corners not playing could be really bad. Good thing the Jags pass game is horrible.

It only takes one 80 yard fluke to lose a game and be 5-3 instead of 6-2...:( JUST SAY NO TO PREVENT DEFENSE!

My stomach still hurts...... :barf:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#33 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

This is good news but I'm still very concerned about this game

#34 GoDeep

GoDeep

Uhhhhh..

• 1050 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Vaughn and who are our corners? This is what makes me nervous.

Posted Image

#35 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3486 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Butler, and Gordy.

Butler did well last Sunday when he subbed for Powers.

#36 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Meh we will be handicapped at Corner and have been all year, The Jags will be handicapped (to this point at least) at QB and they have been for years, come to think about it so have we at Corner, the first side to figure out how to do there job wins :funny:

#37 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

It only takes one 80 yard fluke to lose a game and be 5-3 instead of 6-2... :( JUST SAY NO TO PREVENT DEFENSE!

My stomach still hurts...... :barf:

Right with you on that

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    SilentHill

Booked the flight / Hotel for the Eagles game.. woohoo!

Show comments (7)
  • Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates