Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Roster Predictions for Preseason Week 2

Gavin

Agree.

More like 8 DL and 9 OL. LBs will be higher than in past lineups.

3 QBs, 5 WRs, 4 RBs, 3 TEs, 9 OL - 24 on offense

8 DL, 9 LBs, 4 safeties, 5 CBs - 26 on defense

1 K, 1 P, 1 LS - 3 for ST specifically

That is how I fancy it will end up.

I'd say 7 DL (four ends, three tackles; most of the ends can play 3-tech tackle), 8 LB (four of the LBs can play end), 9 DB. Then I agree with you on the offensive breakdown.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie Avery is too good of a talent to agree to the practice squad. If he doesn't stick with the colts as our 3rd receiver(which he is) then he will easily make it on somebody elses receiving core barring some major injury because he should be back from his thigh bruise I think Pagano just erred on the side of caution and didn't want to rush him back on the field

Players aren't eligible for the practice squad if they have been on any team's 53-man roster or any team's practice squad for 2 seasons.

Actually, it's also not eligible if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official injured reserve list.) If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.

Wide Receivers

1.Reggie Wayne

2.Austin Collie

3.T.Y. Hilton

4.Lavon Brazill

5.Donnie Avery

Left Guard

1.Joe Reitz

Right Guard

1.Seth Olsen

2.Jeff Linkenbach

Practice Squad Players

1.Greg Lloyd

2.Ty Nsekhe

3Cameron Chism

4.Kris Adams

5.Chigbo Anunoby

6.Donnie Avery

7.Hayworth Hicks

8.Justin Anderson

Avery cannot be on the roster and the PS roster at the same time. Plus he's not eligible for the practice squad.

Two, what happened about Reitz? A couple of months ago you didn't think he belonged in the NFL and now you have him has a starter?

And what about Hicks? He was your starting guard a month ago and now he doesn't make the roster?

Don't get offended, I'm just yanking your chain a bit. Hicks is one of the players I've been looking forward to watching in the 2nd half (I'm assuming he played in the game).

I'm also looking forward to watching Tepper. His strength was impressive last year as a rook and it will be interesting to see if he's improved his ability to work in space. IMO though Tepper is a guard in the NFL not a tackle because of his feet but either way the man is a road grader and I would not be surprised to see him get a shot at RG this week with McGlynn getting pushed around then breaking his nail and being out a week or so.

Avery cannot be on the roster and the PS roster at the same time. Plus he's not eligible for the practice squad.

Two, what happened about Reitz? A couple of months ago you didn't think he belonged in the NFL and now you have him has a starter?

And what about Hicks? He was your starting guard a month ago and now he doesn't make the roster?

Don't get offended, I'm just yanking your chain a bit. Hicks is one of the players I've been looking forward to watching in the 2nd half (I'm assuming he played in the game).

I'm also looking forward to watching Tepper. His strength was impressive last year as a rook and it will be interesting to see if he's improved his ability to work in space. IMO though Tepper is a guard in the NFL not a tackle because of his feet but either way the man is a road grader and I would not be surprised to see him get a shot at RG this week with McGlynn getting pushed around then breaking his nail and being out a week or so.

I like Hicks but he hasnt seemed to catch the coaches eye and I also feel like he didnt do anything spectacular to me once the lights were on yesterday, he didnt do anything to get cut in my opinion and played alright

Donnie Avery is too good of a talent to agree to the practice squad.

No he's not. He was a mediocre WR before his injury and has caught 3 passes since his injury.
If he doesn't stick with the colts as our 3rd receiver(which he is) then he will easily make it on somebody elses receiving core
Two things...

1) I doubt it, he got his last chance with the Colts if he doesn't make it out of the preseason on the Colts he will not be playing profession ball in the NFL, IMO.

2) This is a pet peeve of mine but it's "corps" or "corp" not core. Corps refers to a group, core refers to the center of something.

barring some major injury because he should be back from his thigh bruise I think Pagano just erred on the side of caution and didn't want to rush him back on the field

I'm sure Pagano did err on the side of caution. I also think both Hilton and Brazill showed that Avery is not needed.

No he's not. He was a mediocre WR before his injury and has caught 3 passes since his injury.

Two things...

1) I doubt it, he got his last chance with the Colts if he doesn't make it out of the preseason on the Colts he will not be playing profession ball in the NFL, IMO.

2) This is a pet peeve of mine but it's "corps" or "corp" not core. Corps refers to a group, core refers to the center of something.

I'm sure Pagano did err on the side of caution. I also think both Hilton and Brazill showed that Avery is not needed.

Regarding Avery, I don't think he'd be out of the league if we were to release him. There are several receiver needy teams (Jags, Dolphins, etc.) who could use a speedy guy who can run a few routes. Nothing special about him, for sure, and I definitely agree that Hilton and Brazill make him expendable. But I'd be surprised if he wasn't claimed off waivers (this is his 4th year, so he'd still go through waivers, I believe; or did he accrue a year in 2010 even though he was injured?) or signed upon being released.

He caught 100 passes in his first two seasons, despite a few injuries that slowed him (relatively minor). Then he missed a year with a major knee injury, and didn't exactly pick up where he left off. Not the first time that's happened. But he's still young, and he's not a complete non-factor, having shown the ability to produce in the NFL.

Just saying I think he'd get a chance if we let him go. But we could definitely stand to let him go and not really be hurting. Both Hilton and Brazill look ready to play right now. I didn't notice Sambrano, don't think he caught a pass, but he's apparently been strong in camp. Quan Cosby and Jeremy Ross certainly did, as did Kris Adams. We have receivers.

QB - Luck, Stanton, Harnish

RB - Brown, Moore, Ballard

FB - Carter

WR - Wayne, Collie, Hilton, Brazill, Avery, Ross

TE - Allen, Fleener, Dominique Jones

OT - Castonzo, Justice, Linkenbach

OG - Reitz, Olsen, McGlynn, Tepper

C - Satele, Shipley

DE - Redding, Moala, Mathews, Nevis

NT - Johnson, McKinney, Shirley....(Chapman on PUP)

OLB - Freeney, Mathis, Hughes, Addison

MLB - Angerer, Conner, Freeman, Fouke

CB - Powers, Justin King, Vaughn, DJ Johnson, Terrence Johnson, Brandon King

SS - Zbikowski, Caldwell

FS - Bethea, Lefeged

PS - Tim Fuggernaught, Justin Anderson, Hayworth Hicks, Chigbo Anunoby, Buddy Jackson, Cameron Chism, Steven Baker, James Aino

For me the CB position is subject to change when other teams start cutting.....I guess any position could be subject to change.

Quarterback

1.Andrew Luck

2.Drew Stanton

3.Chandler Harnish

Running Backs

1.Donald Brown

2.Vick Ballard

3.Delone Carter

Wide Receivers

1.Reggie Wayne

2.Austin Collie

3.T.Y. Hilton

4.Lavon Brazill

Tight Ends

1.Coby Fleener

2.Dwayne Allen

3.Dominique Jones

Left Tackle

1.Anthony Castonzo

2.George Foster

Left Guard

1.Joe Reitz

2.Mike Mcglynn

Center.

1.Samson Satele

2.A.Q. Shipley

Right Guard

1.Seth Olsen

2.Jeff Linkenbach

Right Tackle

1.Winston Justice

2.Mike Tepper

Left End

1.Fili Moala

2.James Aino

Nose Tackle

1.Brandon Mckinney

2.Antonio Johnson

3.Josh Chapman

Defensive Tackle

1.Drake Nevs

2.Jason Shirley

Right End

1.Cory Redding

2.Ricardo Matthews

Right Outside Linebacker

1.Dwight Freeney

2.Jerry Hughes

3.Tim Fugger

Left Outside Linebacker

1.Robert Mathis

2.Justin Hickman

3.Mario Addison

Interior Linebackers

1.Pat Angerer

2.Kavell Conner

3.Jerrell Freeman

4.Mario Harvey

Corners

1.Jerraud Powers

2.Cassius Vaughn

3.Justin King

4.D.J Johnson

5.Chris Rucker

Strong Safety

1.Tom Zbikowski

2.Joe Lefedged

Free Safety

1.Antoine Bethea

2.David Caldwell

Kicker

1.Adam Vinatieri

Punter

1.Pat Mcafee

Practice Squad Players

1.Donnie Avery

2.Ty Nsekhe

3.Cameron Chism

4.Kris Adams

5.Chigbo Anunoby

6.Donnie Avery

7.Hayworth Hicks

8.Justin Anderson

Quarterback

1.Andrew Luck

2.Drew Stanton

3.Chandler Harnish

Running Backs

1.Donald Brown

2.Vick Ballard

3.Delone Carter

Wide Receivers

1.Reggie Wayne

2.Austin Collie

3.T.Y. Hilton

4.Lavon Brazill

Tight Ends

1.Coby Fleener

2.Dwayne Allen

3.Dominique Jones

Left Tackle

1.Anthony Castonzo

2.George Foster

Left Guard

1.Joe Reitz

2.Mike Mcglynn

Center.

1.Samson Satele

2.A.Q. Shipley

Right Guard

1.Seth Olsen

2.Jeff Linkenbach

Right Tackle

1.Winston Justice

2.Mike Tepper

Left End

1.Fili Moala

2.James Aino

Nose Tackle

1.Brandon Mckinney

2.Antonio Johnson

3.Josh Chapman

Defensive Tackle

1.Drake Nevs

2.Jason Shirley

Right End

1.Cory Redding

2.Ricardo Matthews

Right Outside Linebacker

1.Dwight Freeney

2.Jerry Hughes

3.Jerry Brown

4.Tim Fugger

Left Outside Linebacker

1.Robert Mathis

2.Justin Hickman

3.Mario Addison

Interior Linebackers

1.Pat Angerer

2.Kavell Conner

3.Jerrell Freeman

4.Mario Harvey

Corners

1.Jerraud Powers

2.Cassius Vaughn

3.D.J Johnson

4.Chris Rucker

Strong Safety

1.Tom Zbikowski

2.Joe Lefedged

Free Safety

1.Antoine Bethea

2.David Caldwell

Kicker

1.Adam Vinatieri

Punter

1.Pat Mcafee

Practice Squad Players

1.Justin King

2.Ty Nsekhe

3.Cameron Chism

4.Kris Adams

5.Chigbo Anunoby

6.Donnie Avery

7.Hayworth Hicks

8.Justin Anderson

I know, but if you have the game recorded or something, watch the part where they show the starting line-ups. Redding is there, and when the 1st play is started, he's on the right side (From Bethea's Perspective)

No. He was on the sidelines before the game sitting on the bench with Mathis wearing shorts and a grey t-shirt. He was in the graphic because they are just going off of the preseason depth chart.

Eh cut him then, dont need him he drops to many balls (has a history of it as well), Hilton is better as well as Lavon Brazill and Kris Adams, Its not like Avery will play a whole season anyway (most likely) if he is put in the slot

Avery is behind now. If you're a WR trying to make this team & you didn't play in the Sunday's game....you're behind. Hilton, Brazill, & Cosby showed out while you sat on the sidelines. (You being: Whalen, Avery, & anyone else who didn't play or played and didn't get the ball)

Eh cut him then, dont need him he drops to many balls (has a history of it as well), Hilton is better as well as Lavon Brazill and Kris Adams, Its not like Avery will play a whole season anyway (most likely) if he is put in the slot

Where is the history of him dropping alot of balls? I'm just curious

I would argue that it's more likely that he would play most of the season, with the Colts, because of our depth at receiver. He will be subbed in and out to preserve him. He may have less plays, but they could be more meaningful plays.

I am not quitting on a lot of these players..Quan Cosby was great on offense and Special teams. Kris Adams has been a camp surprise although we saw nothing of him in the first game. We did not get a chance to see Justin Hickman. Somehow....Fugger is a player...and he has been injured???? Mario Harvey was a beast on defense and special teams too.

Injuries will play out. Just like Lutrus went down, unfortunately others will as well. A fractured foot (Angerer) may say 6 weeks, but there are so many little bones in that foot it could be a 'troublesome' injury....lingering (We all hope not of course)

Gavin's list lists positions, but the guys who are diverse will be keepers. For example, Link was at right tackle Sunday and Tepper played guard.... George Foster can play left and right tackle. Seth Olsen can play both guard positions. McGlynn's high ankle sprain can linger too (Not saying he should start anyway after Sunday,)

Just a ton of 'ifs,' and to see everyone playing so hard makes it tough on the coaches. That, Colt fans is a special thing!! :) Competition is a good thing, and you better perform on special teams with Pags....

Before I will speculate the final roster I would like to see more games. A couple of things though I would think we will carry 4 RB's & more Inside LB, with at least 1 or both the LB's from the eagles making the roster somewhere. I will say this about Grigson is he has brought in alot of guys & talent. This is a VERY HUNGREY LOOKING TEAM. Nice :coltslogo:

I know, but if you have the game recorded or something, watch the part where they show the starting line-ups. Redding is there, and when the 1st play is started, he's on the right side (From Bethea's Perspective)

If you watched WNDYs broadcast Redding was not in the starting line up. I'm pretty sure we were resting him.

He is bigger than Hilton and Brazil so if You say Avery won't hold up in the slot what's your logic that Hilton and Brazil will. And I haven't heard anything throughout Averys career with an issue of dropped passes. If you have information stating that I would like to see it. I think you are just biased towards Avery(the future Mike Wallace of our offense) but the coaches and Luck loves Avery so he is going to be around

He is bigger than Hilton and Brazil so if You say Avery won't hold up in the slot what's your logic that Hilton and Brazil will. And I haven't heard anything throughout Averys career with an issue of dropped passes. If you have information stating that I would like to see it. I think you are just biased towards Avery(the future Mike Wallace of our offense) but the coaches and Luck loves Avery so he is going to be around

Yep he is bigger then Hilton but Hilton has better hands and Brazils performance speaks for itself so far. http://blogs.riverfr..._louis_rams.php. Thats just one example back in 2009

justin snow will be on the team

It would be sort of laughable if he is, surely they can find a guy on the roster that can do more then just throw a ball between his legs backwards, people act like thats the most difficult thing to do in the world

It would be sort of laughable if he is, surely they can find a guy on the roster that can do more then just throw a ball between his legs backwards, people act like thats the most difficult thing to do in the world

Its a bit tougher than that. can you remember the last time he shot one over the punters head or a terrible snap in a field goal situation? There is a reason he has been here this long. he is very good

Its a bit tougher than that. can you remember the last time he shot one over the punters head or a terrible snap in a field goal situation? There is a reason he has been here this long. he is very good

overrated in my opinion, Thats what training camp is for to find a guy that can do that. Im not saying its extremely easy but I have no problems releasing him since thats all he offers. just get a backup O Lineman to snap the ball if thats the case, A.Q Shipley for starters deserves some more playing time, he has played well in training camp and the first game

overrated in my opinion, Thats what training camp is for to find a guy that can do that. Im not saying its extremely easy but I have no problems releasing him since thats all he offers. just get a backup O Lineman to snap the ball if thats the case, A.Q Shipley for starters deserves some more playing time, he has played well in training camp and the first game

Just about all teams have a long snapper, that is all they do.. and 90% of them weigh under 250. Doubt many back up lineman are filling the duties around the league.

Just about all teams have a long snapper, that is all they do.. and 90% of them weigh under 250. Doubt many back up lineman are filling the duties around the league.

I would have A.Q. Shipley give it a shot if it works, Snow goes, if it dont then he stays

I would have A.Q. Shipley give it a shot if it works, Snow goes, if it dont then he stays

So your theory is that long snapper is such an easy thing to do that they are better off going with a player who may not have done it before in his career? I am sorry but you are dramatically underselling the value of someone who can do that job well. Every team in the league would and essentially does reserve a roster spot for LS.

Not sure who else is a an experienced long snapper, I swear I heard Kyle Miller was. Maybe not

Matt Overton is the other long snapper. He did in the Ram game. Long snappers are kept on rosters....because they ARE smaller and get downfield and try to make a tackle. Justin Snow has hustled down to make crucial stops on what were commonly our 'not so special teams.'

With a premium emphasis by Pagano on Special teams, there will be a long snapper. The ONLY reason Snow would not be the one is is Matt Overton (45) is better, younger and cheaper. If not Snow stays. 'Snow Joke." :)

This team gets across the 50 this year (LOOK OUT)....special teams will win or lose 3 games. Honestly with a new team one play can make a difference between a 4-12 record and a 7-9. Pagano will have a long snapper...wherever he has coached, back to the University of Miami, special teams have been at the forefront of success.