C- Satele, Shipley

DL- Moala, Redding, Mathews, McKinney, Nevis, Johnson, Chapman**

LB- Mathis, Angerer, Connor, Freeney, Fugger, Freeman, Fokou, Hughes

S- Zibikowski, Bethea, Hines, Lefeged

CB- Powers, J. King, Vaughn, DJ Johnson, Lindsey

K- Vinatieri

P- McAfee

LS- Snow

"*" = If he can stay healthy for the entire season.

"**" = Should start season on PUP and might end up on IR. If IR'ed before season I can see Anunoby making the team.

PS- Whalen(WR), Chism(CB), Sambrano(WR), Merletti(S), Lumpkin(LB), Aiono(DE), Fenelus(CB), Hickman(LB)

PS is still a work in progress. I based this off the first game.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your list. Like Gavin I don't think Whalen will make the list and I think you also have to throw Seth Olsen into the mix because he was playing with the starters on Sunday. When he came into the game i thought the Offensive Line looked a lot more solid. I don't know who he came in for whether it was Link or McGlynn.

I hate to be "That guy" but there are already several other final roster threads.

Now that I got that out of my system, I don't think there is anyway we keep 4 TE's. We'll put one back on the practice squad in case of injury or just sign one if/when we need one but we won't keep 4 IMO.

I hate to be "That guy" but there are already several other final roster threads.

Now that I got that out of my system, I don't think there is anyway we keep 4 TE's. We'll put one back on the practice squad in case of injury or just sign one if/when we need one but we won't keep 4 IMO.

I didn't even add Miller until the end. I couldn't decide who else to add so I added another TE.

I am not quitting on a lot of these players..Quan Cosby was great on offense and Special teams. Kris Adams has been a camp surprise although we saw nothing of him in the first game. We did not get a chance to see Justin Hickman. Somehow....Fugger is a player...and he has been injured???? Mario Harvey was a beast on defense and special teams too.

Injuries will play out. Just like Lutrus went down, unfortunately others will as well. A fractured foot (Angerer) may say 6 weeks, but there are so many little bones in that foot it could be a 'troublesome' injury....lingering (We all hope not of course)

Gavin's list lists positions, but the guys who are diverse will be keepers. For example, Link was at right tackle Sunday and Tepper played guard.... George Foster can play left and right tackle. Seth Olsen can play both guard positions. McGlynn's high ankle sprain can linger too (Not saying he should start anyway after Sunday,)

Just a ton of 'ifs,' and to see everyone playing so hard makes it tough on the coaches. That, Colt fans is a special thing!! :) Competition is a good thing, and you better perform on special teams with Pags....

Exactly Brent,if your not a starter you better be performing well on ST or you may be on the outside looking in!!!

I only see us carrying 3 TE's. And it's really only 2 TE's cause D. Jones was playing FB on Sunday. And the guy looked GREAT at the position lol. But yeah Fleener, Allen, & Jones are the only TE's I see us carrying

Wasnt it Kyle Miller that sprung the block on the right side that gave a gaping hole for Darren Evans' TD? I though he blocked consistently well.

Dominique Jones missed a block on the T.Y.Hilton screen play. If he made the block, TY would have gained a lot of yardage. Wasnt it Dominique Jones on that play? As a FB, yes to Dominique Jones. As a TE, no.

Kyle Miller played the HB role better, IMO.

Both are question marks on the TE front though.

Wasnt it Kyle Miller that sprung the block on the right side that gave a gaping hole for Darren Evans' TD? I though he blocked consistently well.

Dominique Jones missed a block on the T.Y.Hilton screen play. If he made the block, TY would have gained a lot of yardage. Wasnt it Dominique Jones on that play? As a FB, yes to Dominique Jones. As a TE, no.

Kyle Miller played the HB role better, IMO.

Both are question marks on the TE front though.

Well maybe we switch Jones to FB and carry Miller as the 3rd TE. Who knows

I also wouldnt be surprised to see Harnish end up on the PS

We got Luck-y before when we carried only 2. Also, Harnish had a contract in the works before we drafted him (with San Diego). If we try to slide him to the PS, there is a chance the Chargers may try to snag him up. Given that we used a draft pick to bring him in, and he has done well to this point, I think that trying to slide him to the PS is a bad idea.

I could be wrong, but carrying 3 QBs isn't a bad idea considering the unknown quantity that we have with Luck. For all we know, he may only last 5 weeks into the year. We'd be better off having a guy with playbook experience behind Stanton. If we hang onto Harnish, we'll have that.

I like Hicks but he hasnt seemed to catch the coaches eye and I also feel like he didnt do anything spectacular to me once the lights were on yesterday, he didnt do anything to get cut in my opinion and played alright

Yeah, he hasn't caught the coaches eye for the same reason that he didn't catch the eye of every GM in the NFL, all of whom passed on him in every round of the draft : he lacks the requisite combination of skills to play in the NFL.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see Harnish end up on the PS

I doubt very much this team will ever get caught with their pants down again and only carry 2 QB's. Plus there is no way Harnish would make it 1 day on the PS without getting snagged by another team.

Yeah, he hasn't caught the coaches eye for the same reason that he didn't catch the eye of every GM in the NFL, all of whom passed on him in every round of the draft : he lacks the requisite combination of skills to play in the NFL.

UDFAs make rosters and do well in the NFL all the time.

For every one that does there are 100 that don't.

Hayworth Hicks will be one of those 100.

Since you say so, it must be true.

I have no attachment to Hicks. He's Gavin's guy. I just don't think the fact that he's a UDFA is the reason he hasn't gotten a lot of publicity in camp or time on the field.

Since you say so, it must be true.

I have no attachment to Hicks. He's Gavin's guy. I just don't think the fact that he's a UDFA is the reason he hasn't gotten a lot of publicity in camp or time on the field.

It is true whether I say it or not. Look it up.

Personally I'd have him in there before Mcglynn but I'd have any of our Guards at this point in there before Mcglynn, he appears to be made of glass. But realistically I have Olsen starting before either, he is more stout in both the run and the pass and can block downfield

It is true whether I say it or not. Look it up.

So we should write him off based on he is an undrafted player? Sorry I'd write Mcglynn off (Just based on what I have seen from him so far in Indy as well as Philly and Cincy)

I almost completely agree.

I don't think Chapman will be healthy at all this year, and will therefore be on IR. Anunoby will take his place.

I don't see Nsekhe making the roster. I bet we only keep 9 OL, and keep 9 LB.....so I see Lloyd making it in place of Nsekhe.

Yours is a pretty realistic roster, though.

Harnish has played better then Stanton so if by wild chance one goes to the Practice Squad it should be Stanton but neither will go there considering 8 spots are reserved for that and we have serious questions at Guard, Tackle and Corner those positions should be the ones along with wide receiver and a Linebacker perhaps that will be practice squad players so they can develop while still keeping them because some of these guys at the positions named have pretty good to great potential if they continue to show well

I think we should just make a Topic where everyone can submit their own Final Roster lol. It'd make this a lot easier

Good idea. I had been meaning to do that anyways. So I just merged the two most recent roster guess threads and pinned it. This is now the official roster prediction thread for this week. I'll unpin this Monday, and then we can start a new thread for next week. I'll do that for the rest of the preseason.

Harnish has played better then Stanton so if by wild chance one goes to the Practice Squad it should be Stanton but neither will go there considering 8 spots are reserved for that and we have serious questions at Guard, Tackle and Corner those positions should be the ones along with wide receiver and a Linebacker perhaps that will be practice squad players so they can develop while still keeping them because some of these guys at the positions named have pretty good to great potential if they continue to show well

Gavin - you should learn the rules for who can and cannot be on the practice squad. Stanton is most definitely not PS eligible. Also, I think judging Harnish to be ahead of Stanton on the depth chart based on a few series in the first preseason game is premature at best.

Gavin - you should learn the rules for who can and cannot be on the practice squad. Stanton is most definitely not PS eligible. Also, I think judging Harnish to be ahead of Stanton on the depth chart based on a few series in the first preseason game is premature at best.

I should your right, But you put the guy in position who has played better, Harnish has outperformed him in practice as well

Practice squad rules:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/27027/a-review-of-practice-squad-rules

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA.pdf

Section 4. Eligibility:

(a) The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that

they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players

who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who

were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued

Season(s) . An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third

season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its

Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

(b) A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season

if he has passed the club's physical and been a member of the club's Practice Squad for

at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad

seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice

Squad season. (For purposes of this Section, a bye week counts as a game provided that

the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in question.)

QB Luck (12) Staton (5) Harnish (8) RB Brown (31) Moore (26) Ballard (33) Carter (34) WR1 Wayne (87) Brazill (15) Whalen (84) PS TE1 Fleener (80) Miller (86) TE2 Allen (83) Jones (46) LOT Castonzo (74) Foster (66) Nsekhe (69) PS LOG Reitz (76) Olsen (73) C Satele (64) ROG McGlynn (75) Tepper (67) ROT Justice (69) Baker (78) Anderson (79) PS WR2 Collie (17) Avery (11) Hilton (13) Adams (7) PS 3 K Vinatieri (4) P McAfee (1) LS Snow (48) 25 LDE Moala (95) Nevis (94) NT Johnson (99) McKinney (96) Chapman (61) RDE Redding (90) Mathews (91) SLB Mathis (98) Hughes (92) Fugger (58) PS MLB Conner (53) Fokou (45) Lumpkin (59) PS WLB Freeman (50) Angerer (51) RLB Freeney (93) Addison (97) LCB Powers (25) Johnson (43) Vaughn (20) RCB King (21) Lindsay (42) Chism (39) SS Zbikowski (28) Hines (26) FS Bethea (41) Lefeged (35)

Ding Ding till Harnish comes into a game before Stanton Stanton is still ahead of Harnish on the depth chart. Also for a battle like that sometimes a guy like Harnish can play great and do everything right and unless Stanton makes a mistake (which he did not on Sunday) he wont move a head of him on the depth chart. Stanton played well on Sunday as well here is no reason to think that they would slide him down the depth the chart based on Sunday's game.