Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Roster Predictions for Preseason Week 2

Gavin

I doubt very much this team will ever get caught with their pants down again and only carry 2 QB's. Plus there is no way Harnish would make it 1 day on the PS without getting snagged by another team.

I really think after what happened last year Irsay made the promise to himself that never again would his team get caught without a decent back up. I think Stanton is a one year guy (I think he only signed a one year deal with the Jets) and Harnish is being groomed to be the back up after this season. I full expect us to carry three. We carried three during the early part of Manning's career and only stopped doing it once it became clear Manning was an iron man and we had a guy like Hunter Smith who had played some QB in the past (not at the NFL level) and could play it if we truly got in an emergency spot to get us threw a game. We have no way of knowing if Luck is going to have the same kinda luck with health that Peyton did (no pun intended). Also you don't generally draft guys expecting to have to cut them. Even with seventh round picks. If that was the case the Colts would have drafted another poistion and tried to sign Harnish as undrafted free agent. That doesn't mean seventh round picks can't get cut I just don't think Harinsh will.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have Avery starting or on the 53 squad because he offers elite speed but thats it, not a real good route runner and doesnt have good hands, if he can fix those issues then we shall see but I have been unimpressed

Avery is a "good" player ... when he plays.

His rookie year ... rookie gold in the FF world.

Year 2 .... starting to get nagging boo boo's...

Year 3... out

Year 4 ..........nothing...

Now Indy.... I still hear nothing... get on the field and make plays.

Collie, Wayne, Hilton, Brazill.... and ....??? Avery is NO lock.

Is Avery good enough just on his little reputation?

This is the biggest TC battle IMO.

I just don't think dude is there. LB and Hilton are just looking good.

Good idea. I had been meaning to do that anyways. So I just merged the two most recent roster guess threads and pinned it. This is now the official roster prediction thread for this week. I'll unpin this Monday, and then we can start a new thread for next week. I'll do that for the rest of the preseason.

This would be great Superman closer to the final cuts. After one preseaon game to essentially cut 37 players is a little crazy after 1 preseason game. We will have injuries and waiver wire pickups coming from day to day, and possibly that trade I still expect for for a CB.

This would be great Superman closer to the final cuts. After one preseaon game to essentially cut 37 players is a little crazy after 1 preseason game. We will have injuries and waiver wire pickups coming from day to day, and possibly that trade I still expect for for a CB.

I intend to do a prediction after the next game, and then one after the last game. Not every week. It is kind of crazy (they all are), but it keeps us involved. My first prediction from right before camp is already busted. One player has been traded, another two are on IR.

I intend to do a prediction after the next game, and then one after the last game. Not every week. It is kind of crazy (they all are), but it keeps us involved. My first prediction from right before camp is already busted. One player has been traded, another two are on IR.

I like them as we get closer...waiver wire pick-ups...injuries....as the old adage says "anything can happen....and it usually does...." I like reading them too, I just know we need to watch special teams demons....

Where is FOSTER number 68 ??

Hello, and welcome the the Colts Forum. Since this is your first post, my guess is you are refering to former Colt Eric Foster who suffered a 'tpugh' knee injury last year. He is still a FA as of today. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and 'non-stop-motor.'

The Colts current Foster, #68 Jason Foster played last week and is battling to make the team or practice squad as a rookie guard out of Rhode Island. Once again....welcome to the Colts Forum!!

I sure thought so. With Arians coming in I thought it would be a no brainer that Avery would be the 2. Shows what I know.

Why would we send Harnish to the PS, He has performed better in my opinion both in practice and in game 1 then Stanton but even more important to this point is if we send him to the PS, that takes up 1 of 8 spots on there which leaves us with 2 quarterbacks (Because from what I understand practice squad guys can be picked up by other teams)

Why would we send Harnish to the PS, He has performed better in my opinion both in practice and in game 1 then Stanton but even more important to this point is if we send him to the PS, that takes up 1 of 8 spots on there which leaves us with 2 quarterbacks (Because from what I understand practice squad guys can be picked up by other teams)

Because he's a rookie and that's how it works.

We really have other more important issues to develop on the practice squad in my opinion then a 3rd string Quarterback such as Corner, Guard, Linebacker, Tackle

I have to side with Brian on this one. Stanton has the experience. Harnish will be either number 3 or practice squad.....I like his upside too Gavin!!

Why? The dude is a 3rd stringer (to this point), I like Harnishes upside but considering the chances of him actually getting into a regular season game to actually play QB I think its better to develop a Guard or a Corner or Linebacker because those are all needs and QB is not, I'd just rather put a couple players from a position of need on the PS in an indirect way thats ignoring our issues to improve a position that neither backup QB can improve rather then a position thats locked down tight to this point, whatever player we put on there we can lose either way though so tough call

Why? The dude is a 3rd stringer (to this point), I like Harnishes upside but considering the chances of him actually getting into a regular season game to actually play QB I think its better to develop a Guard or a Corner or Linebacker because those are all needs and QB is not, I'd just rather put a couple players from a position of need on the PS in an indirect way thats ignoring our issues to improve a position that neither backup QB can improve rather then a position thats locked down tight to this point, whatever player we put on there we can lose either way though so tough call

I will not be surprised if Harnish is one the roster at 3rd QB and we develop your guy Hicks on the practice squad. either way Harnish is one play into being in the mix.

I believe he will be on the active roster week one just in case the Bears put a hurti'n in us on the OL and QB.....Week 1 is HUGE as far as roster and practice squad.

Hello, and welcome the the Colts Forum. Since this is your first post, my guess is you are refering to former Colt Eric Foster who suffered a 'tpugh' knee injury last year. He is still a FA as of today. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and 'non-stop-motor.'

The Colts current Foster, #68 Jason Foster played last week and is battling to make the team or practice squad as a rookie guard out of Rhode Island. Once again....welcome to the Colts Forum!!

Hi and thank you i am refering to jason foster i will keep an eye out

Yeah ya dont put a 3rd string quarterback on the Practice squad because you could potentially lose him and then next thing ya know your down to 2 quarterbacks, thats not a very good idea also its a waste of a practice squad spot

Yeah ya dont put a 3rd string quarterback on the Practice squad because you could potentially lose him and then next thing ya know your down to 2 quarterbacks, thats not a very good idea also its a waste of a practice squad spot

I agree. If they put Harnish on the PS, he would get picked in less than 15 minutes or as soon as another team is allowed too. Harnish has looked pretty good in the preseason and he will be the backup next yr.. Stanton only has a one yr. deal(I believe) and I doubt if we bring him back or that he'll want to be back. Im pretty sure he wants to compete for a starting job and he has no chance of that here.

I agree. If they put Harnish on the PS, he would get picked in less than 15 minutes or as soon as another team is allowed too. Harnish has looked pretty good in the preseason and he will be the backup next yr.. Stanton only has a one yr. deal(I believe) and I doubt if we bring him back or that he'll want to be back. Im pretty sure he wants to compete for a starting job and he has no chance of that here.

yep he wants to compete for a starting spot, he would do better in regards to that goal by being in Arizona or heck maybe the Jets