5.Chigbo Anunoby

6.Donnie Avery

7.Hayworth Hicks

8.Justin Anderson

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that Griff Whalen isn't on your final roster either. Everyone seems to be having him shipped out. Guess he won't be making the team. I didn't even hear his name yesterday honestly. Unless I missed it

He hasnt done anything in Training Camp that I am aware of and I dont recall him in the game yesterday at all, at least his name wasn't called

I noticed that Griff Whalen isn't on your final roster either. Everyone seems to be having him shipped out. Guess he won't be making the team. I didn't even hear his name yesterday honestly. Unless I missed it

I think Whalen is hurt and not playing. That's my recollection.

Several thoughts....

You don't show a long snapper, I assume that's Snow? So, add 1.

You also have only 3 RB's. I think Moore makes it. So, add 1 more.

Also, I don't see Avery and Lloyd agreeing to go to the practice squad. Think both would ask for and be given their release so they could try and hook up with another team.

Just my hunch....

I dont have Avery starting or on the 53 squad because he offers elite speed but thats it, not a real good route runner and doesnt have good hands, if he can fix those issues then we shall see but I have been unimpressed

He hasnt done anything in Training Camp that I am aware of and I dont recall him in the game yesterday at all, at least his name wasn't called

Yeah, I thought so. I heard K. Adams name I think once. Wish I would've got to see Allen make some catches, but he was doing an excellent job at blocking. Hope we get him involved this Sunday with some Catches.

I think Whalen is hurt and not playing. That's my recollection.

Hurt HOW?! He didn't even make it to Pre-Season Week 1

He's not that talented.

He didn't play.

The following players didn't play for one reason or another.

WR 11 D.Avery,

WR 16 J.Fayson,

OLB 55 J.Hickman,

ILB 56 S.Lutrus,

OLB 58 T.Fugger,

NT 61 J.Chapman,

G 79 J.Anderson,

WR 84 G.Whalen,

DE 90 C.Redding

Yeah, I thought so. I heard K. Adams name I think once. Wish I would've got to see Allen make some catches, but he was doing an excellent job at blocking. Hope we get him involved this Sunday with some Catches.

Hurt HOW?! He didn't even make it to Pre-Season Week 1

No idea. I thought he was hurt in practice. That's where most of these things happen. But I thought someone posted that in the last 10-14 days. Believe me, if I'm wrong (and I may be) someone will correct me quickly!

Avery still isn't eligible for practice squad, is he? How many games has he played in?

I didnt think it was something you had to be eligible for, I thought once you are on the team they can put you on the practice squad if they wish

He's not that talented.

He didn't play.

The following players didn't play for one reason or another.

WR 11 D.Avery,

WR 16 J.Fayson,

OLB 55 J.Hickman,

ILB 56 S.Lutrus,

OLB 58 T.Fugger,

NT 61 J.Chapman,

G 79 J.Anderson,

WR 84 G.Whalen,

DE 90 C.Redding

Redding played. He started actually. Think he only got like 4 plays though. But he was in there

No idea. I thought he was hurt in practice. That's where most of these things happen. But I thought someone posted that in the last 10-14 days. Believe me, if I'm wrong (and I may be) someone will correct me quickly!

If Whalen wants to stay with his college buddies Fleener & Luck, he better step it up. He has 3 weeks left to prove himself. And that'll be hard since he's injured and Hilton & Brazill showed off yesterday. Oh, and Cosby too

Practice squad rules explained in detail:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/9/4/2404332/practice-squad-rules-per-the-new-collective-bargaining-agreement

Section 4. Eligibility:
  • (a) The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.
  • (b) A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season if he has passed the club’s physical and been a member of the club’s Practice Squad for at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice Squad season. (For purposes of this Section, a bye week counts as a game provided that the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in question.)

I didnt think it was something you had to be eligible for, I thought once you are on the team they can put you on the practice squad if they wish

You must be eligible for the practice squad. You listed Avery on the PS and on the 53 man roster. Also we need more then 3 RB's and 3 TE's.

So we traded Thomas and a seventh round pick for two LBers so we could cut the better LBer and put the other on the practice squad?

I thought Fokou played a Good Game yesterday. That pop he had in the backfield was a great play. I think he makes the final 53

Not according to the NFL

Mathews, Johnson & Moala were listed as the starters..

I know, but if you have the game recorded or something, watch the part where they show the starting line-ups. Redding is there, and when the 1st play is started, he's on the right side (From Bethea's Perspective)

I know, but if you have the game recorded or something, watch the part where they show the starting line-ups. Redding is there, and when the 1st play is started, he's on the right side (From Bethea's Perspective)

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Redding was inactive. They did list him as starting, but that was just one of about a hundred mistakes they made in their broadcast.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Redding was inactive. They did list him as starting, but that was just one of about a hundred mistakes they made in their broadcast.

I may be Wrong, and not ashamed to admit it.... but I thought for sure they said he was in the starting line-up and I thought I saw him line-up on the 1st play

I may be Wrong, and not ashamed to admit it.... but I thought for sure they said he was in the starting line-up and I thought I saw him line-up on the 1st play

Just turned it on now and watched the first few plays. 100% sure he's not out there man.. The line is

Mathis - Mathews - Mookie - Moala - Freeney

Ahh, then I was Wrong about that Part. But they did show him in the Starting Line-Ups didn't they?

Not on the coverage I was watching/have access to but I think others are saying they did on NFLN? The one I have (whichever network it was with Sorgi) got it right.

Players aren't eligible for the practice squad if they have been on any team's 53-man roster or any team's practice squad for 2 seasons.

Not on the coverage I was watching/have access to but I think others are saying they did on NFLN? The one I have (whichever network it was with Sorgi) got it right.

It was on NFLN that they said it. So I was wrong about him playing, but right about him being on the starting line-up. So, 50%... not bad lol

No way we keep 10 O-line men or 9 D-line men. IMO

Agree.

More like 8 DL and 9 OL. LBs will be higher than in past lineups.

3 QBs, 5 WRs, 4 RBs, 3 TEs, 9 OL - 24 on offense

8 DL, 9 LBs, 4 safeties, 5 CBs - 26 on defense

1 K, 1 P, 1 LS - 3 for ST specifically

That is how I fancy it will end up.