Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck isn't dawdling on his work toward a Colts turnaround

Restored

Greatest ever can't even throw a fade. Enough of the over hype. He better learn fast or he'll get eaten alive in the NFL.

And here he comes......

from another thread trying to start stuff.

Edited by Coltssouth
masked profanity

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest ever can't even throw a fade. Enough of the over hype. He better learn fast or he'll get eaten alive in the NFL.

yeah he will struggle Im sure......but not anymore then Peyton did, but since you sound like an obsessed RGIII fan, I wouldnt shed a tear if you joined the Redskins forum and jumped ship......that is until RGIII decides to get the bright idea to run and gets injured. seriously man have you looked at the Redskins schedule, right off the bat he faces Mario Williams, then Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher oh an James Harrison yeah RGIII is an injury set in stone to happen, I would be surprised if he made it past week 8 as a starter OR healthy. if anyone was overhyped it would be him, hes never ran a pro style offense remember that

yeah he will struggle Im sure......but not anymore then Peyton did, but since you sound like an obsessed RGIII fan, I wouldnt shed a tear if you joined the Redskins forum and jumped ship......that is until RGIII decides to get the bright idea to run and gets injured. seriously man have you looked at the Redskins schedule, right off the bat he faces Mario Williams, then Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher oh an James Harrison yeah RGIII is an injury set in stone to happen, I would be surprised if he made it past week 8 as a starter OR healthy. if anyone was overhyped it would be him, hes never ran a pro style offense remember that

Bwahaha, Luck faces 3 out of those 4, and the Texans defense twice a year.

Yeah and Luck could get a concussion the first game and never be the same. Luck will have an injury sometime in his career, that I can guarantee you.

Yeah and Luck could get a concussion the first game and never be the same. Luck will have an injury sometime in his career, that I can guarantee you.

Im sure he will, most quarterbacks do if not all of them, what I mean by that post I made was, RGIII can throw yes, but he never ran a pro offense and given that he has never done that I expect he will rely on his feet more then Luck and not to mention RGIII isnt exactly built to take that kind of punishment in the NFL he will likely take if he runs alot, just look at Micheal Vick except RGIII is 2 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier. RGIII isnt exactly built like Cam Newton and neither could read defenses coming in (RGIII or Vick), argument can be made the teams are a stalemate when it comes to offensive lines, neither look to be real good on paper at this point

And the sky will be blue and the grass will still be green. Its rare a player ever goes without injury.

John my friend, really need to get off your self righteous Luck power trip. I don't have a problem with Luck. Just saying he needs to learn how to throw a fade. Most important route in the redzone. We all know the Colts can't run it in.

John my friend, really need to get off your self righteous Luck power trip. I don't have a problem with Luck. Just saying he needs to learn how to throw a fade. Most important route in the redzone. We all know the Colts can't run it in.

Dont tell that to addai or he will remind you of the 06 afcccg when we took he lead lol.

11h8ig0.jpg

Let's put it this way. Without a fade as a threat we don't beat the Pats in '09.

1A) The CB expects the fade.

2A) He covers the fade, and Reggie runs in.

3A) The CB falls behind from covering the fade, and Reggie got the step. Touchdown.

1B) The CB knows the back corner isn't a threat, and anticipates the other 3 patterns.

2B) He is covering the ground between the receiver and the QB.

3B) Peyton throws, and gets picked off because the CB doesn't have to worry about the corner.

Let'd hope he learns soon. He hasn't in his 8 years playing competitive football, but we better hope.

11h8ig0.jpg

Let's put it this way. Without a fade as a threat we don't beat the Pats in '09.

1A) The CB expects the fade.

2A) He covers the fade, and Reggie runs in.

3A) The CB falls behind from covering the fade, and Reggie got the step. Touchdown.

1B) The CB knows the back corner isn't a threat, and anticipates the other 3 patterns.

2B) He is covering the ground between the receiver and the QB.

3B) Peyton throws, and gets picked off because the CB doesn't have to worry about the corner.

Let'd hope he learns soon. He hasn't in his 8 years playing competitive football, but we better hope.

Sigh..

Problem? It's the truth. If you don't like it you can just ignore it.

I hope your not saying a quarterback who hasnt learn to read defenses especially at an NFL level will be better (RGIII) cause thats laughable

I hope your not saying a quarterback who hasnt learn to read defenses especially at an NFL level will be better (RGIII) cause thats laughable

Nope, but using a few audibles isn't that much of a higher step. They all have to learn just like the next.

Im sure he will, most quarterbacks do if not all of them, what I mean by that post I made was, RGIII can throw yes, but he never ran a pro offense and given that he has never done that I expect he will rely on his feet more then Luck and not to mention RGIII isnt exactly built to take that kind of punishment in the NFL he will likely take if he runs alot, just look at Micheal Vick except RGIII is 2 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier. RGIII isnt exactly built like Cam Newton and neither could read defenses coming in (RGIII or Vick), argument can be made the teams are a stalemate when it comes to offensive lines, neither look to be real good on paper at this point

RGIII is quoted as saying he'd rather sit in the pocket and pass, than run around. It was his coaches that wanted to use his speed.

Didn't know nfl qbs made every single fade throw in their career. Why not dig up some video on the fades he completed. I could make a video of some pretty awful throws by Peyton.

Nearly a month since the draft and the "Luck vs RGIII" insecurities are still on display :facepalm: . Nothing is guaranteed in this league; the longer one follow the NFL, the more that is obvious. Both QBs 'could' get injured, and truth is that most QBs that are injured are injured IN the pocket (including Vick), so that argument is nonsense at best. And size does not determine a QBs durability, or Drew Brees would always be hurt, and Matt Schaub would be on a 100+ game starting streak by now. Luck can read defenses, but so could Peyton and he still threw 20+ interceptions his rookie AND 4th year and nearly did it his 5th sesaon. Neither QBs have faced NFL speed yet. And most on here barely know enough about RGIII to make an OBJECTIVE assessment of what he can or can't do, other than the fact that they feel threatened whenever RGIII is brought up in conversation. I for one cannot wait for Luck to graduate next month so that he can rejoin the team and figure out how to silence the naysayers (including, unfortunately, a sizable number of Colts fans) that believe (or hope) that the Colts will be a bottom of the barrel team in 2012! :number1: IMO, the Offensive Rookie of the Year award is Luck's to lose. :worthy:

Edit RG3 is an incredible talent i will give you that, but luck is by far superior they compare him to Elway. Have you seen the pass for 50+ yards while falling down, or the block where he laid out the defender, or any of his scrambles? Now the guy is saying he would rather be with his team rather than class so he can do his job better. Your critisizing him for this? I own my own company, i would give anything to have an employee that deeicated , he would be running my company for me. Stop hating him cause ummm well you know lets say personal reasons. If RG3 said the same thing i would love him and back him 100%. I do not care who the Colts drafted i just waqnt my team to get back to the glory days and be the nest franchise in the NFL.

What is a deeicated employee?

Plus, I'm curious what are my "personal reasons" for hating Luck?

Also, it was just a joke which I acknowledged a couple posts after that one. I was in a bit of a sarcastic, humorous mood and I typed that to amuse myself and anyone else who finds things like that funny. I didn't think it would offend someone to this level; I'm sorry you get offended so easily.

I don't expect any QB coming out of college to have it all figured out. Peyton certainly didn't have his complete skill set in rookie training camp. A fade is about timing between the receiver and the QB. Practice, practice, practice. It will come. He has the throwing ability and the smarts so I'm not worried at all about that. I would be much more worried about whether a QB can handle the speed and be able to read defenses at the pro level. Throwing a fade is just another pass route. Learing to read defenses and handling the speed of the game is a whole different story and many QBs never overcome that.

Which one are you....a Texan's fan or a realist?

Ask any coach or owner in the NFL, if they were starting a new team tomorrow, and they could choose between Schaub (with his experience, not a rookie) or Luck, what do you think the results would be? If you are a Texan's fan, you'll say Schaub...if you are a realist you'll say Luck....and so would 100% of the owners in this league.

Luck is coming into the league more prepared than Peyton was. Peyton wasn't calling plays in college like Luck was and isn't as polished although the margin for that is REALLY slim.

Matt Schaub < Andrew Luck as rookie.

Luck throwing fade routes is something fixable and not a huge issue as some are pointing out. Peyton coming in had problems with how he held the ball. All QB's have issues to correct and Luck is no different.

Well, Mavin was a master of running the fade and once he left Peyton struggled from the 10 yard line in. If he did throw a TD it was more likely to Dallas over the middle than a fade. It's more about the connection between QB and receiver than anything else.

Just clearing up a couple of things:

Manning ran quite a bit of the no-huddle and the check-with-me system his final 2 years at Tennessee.

In 2009 & 2010(post-Marvin), Manning had a 34 to 1 TD-INT ratio inside the 10 yardline. I'm having trouble finding the struggling in that. 46 to 1 in the Red Zone in the same time frame.

Just clearing up a couple of things:

Manning ran quite a bit of the no-huddle and the check-with-me system his final 2 years at Tennessee.

In 2009 & 2010(post-Marvin), Manning had a 34 to 1 TD-INT ratio inside the 10 yardline. I'm having trouble finding the struggling in that. 46 to 1 in the Red Zone in the same time frame.

Did you watch the games? Yes stats are nice, but we kicked way too many field goals in the redzone the last few years. Most of that was because we couldn't run, yes, but Manning would try to throw fades to Garcon and they would almost never work because he wasn't in good position. His TD to INT ratio was because he would throw them where his receivers could catch them or nobody would.

Did you watch the games? Yes stats are nice, but we kicked way too many field goals in the redzone the last few years. Most of that was because we couldn't run, yes, but Manning would try to throw fades to Garcon and they would almost never work because he wasn't in good position. His TD to INT ratio was because he would throw them where his receivers could catch them or nobody would.

No, I've never seen a Colts game. Have you?

Yes I've watched the games and considering the Colts have had(outside of 2011 obviously), the best red zone production in the NFL, i still find it inaccurate to label it as "struggling". Could they have been better? Of course, always. Did they struggle while passing in the red zone when teams knew they were likely going to be passing due to a weak running game? No they didn't.

We kicked eight field goals 0-29 yards in 2010, and in 2009 Stover kicked 2 and Adam kicked 4.

Yes I've watched the games and considering the Colts have had(outside of 2011 obviously), the best red zone production in the NFL, i still find it inaccurate to label it as "struggling". Could they have been better? Of course, always. Did they struggle while passing in the red zone when teams knew they were likely going to be passing due to a weak running game? No they didn't.

Well aren't you just a bag full of sunshine and happiness. My argument was on the fade route and it's effectiveness. Garcon, Collie, and Gonzo did not run good fade routes and limited the effectiveness of the play post Marvin. I remember for two solid seasons being frustrated at the team's ineffectiveness to score TD's from the 10 yard line in when it mattered. Maybe not against teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville, but against some of the teams we lost to, especially in the playoffs.

Even though Marvin was there don't forget the three straight incomplete fades to Aaron Moorehead in the '03 game against the Pats at home that we lost on a goal line stand.

We kicked eight field goals 0-29 yards in 2010, and in 2009 Stover kicked 2 and Adam kicked 7.

34 TDs and 17 FGs within the 10 yard line. Now I see why Irsay did not think he was worth that 28 million dollar roster bonus.

Which one are you....a Texan's fan or a realist?

Ask any coach or owner in the NFL, if they were starting a new team tomorrow, and they could choose between Schaub (with his experience, not a rookie) or Luck, what do you think the results would be? If you are a Texan's fan, you'll say Schaub...if you are a realist you'll say Luck....and so would 100% of the owners in this league.

Right, so would it be OK if I saw the evidence of you asking every NFL owner that question? Since you state the answer so emphatically.

I like how my post you quoted had nothing to do with Schaub and Luck...you did a poor job trying to bait me into an argument. "No I wasn't Vance, I bla bla bla" yeah, you were. Some of you are so easy to read.

And to answer your frivolous question, I'd take both. To my knowledge, SuperLuck has not had multiple 4,000 yard passing seasons in the NFL, and has not led a top 5 passing offense in the NFL over a 3 year span.

I think blowing off his homework is a sign he is lazy and not willing to put forth the effort to succeed. It's one thing to talk about it but he's not even signed to the team yet and already showing signs of not being able to keep up with everything. Colts should have drafted RGIII

To the contrary my friend, he said he "didn't completely blow it off." Perhaps you could e-mail him and asked him how much of it he got done.

Wait I'll shoot him an e-mail because Luck and I are like peanut butter and jelly.

We're focusing on the wrong thing here. We are given a video of Andrew Luck's missed fade opportunities and by that we've concluded that he cannot throw the fade. We can easily create a video of Luck's successful fade throws in the end zone. He can throw the fade, watch the game film. Luck has had great success in the red zone.

For those stating that we cannot run it in. How do you know this? We have a new O-line, a new runningback in Ballard and we can somehow conclude that we will not be any good? Let's give them a chance before we write them off. I am hopeful that we can pound it in there for those tough yeards.

It is sunny and beautiful here today. There is a 100% chance of Peyton Manning having excellent Red-zone Management, and with a lttle luck....Andrew can put us in the same position to succeed.

With more emphasis on Special Teams and an attacking defense those FGs are precious. I hope to see some 17-16 games instead of 40-37.....just my opinion though.

Here are some possible stampedeblue headlines:

Luck blow offs Stanford

Luck says he has to carry the team.

Freeney and Mathis must depend on Luck to get back to playoffs.

Ugh that would give me a headache, it's almost as bad as Dwayne Wade being a baby in the post game interview after the Pacers beat the Heat.

Well aren't you just a bag full of sunshine and happiness. My argument was on the fade route and it's effectiveness. Garcon, Collie, and Gonzo did not run good fade routes and limited the effectiveness of the play post Marvin. I remember for two solid seasons being frustrated at the team's ineffectiveness to score TD's from the 10 yard line in when it mattered. Maybe not against teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville, but against some of the teams we lost to, especially in the playoffs.

That is what you remember?
Even though Marvin was there don't forget the three straight incomplete fades to Aaron Moorehead in the '03 game against the Pats at home that we lost on a goal line stand.

Considering this never happened I don't think you should trust your memory any more. (Don't worry, I'm getting old too).