Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UDFA darkhorse

CR91

I like Chigbo the best but Baker could develop on the practice squad. Fenelus,Chism,Eagan, and Sambrano all have potential to make the team.I'm also rooting for Hayworth Hicks because he is a beast of a run blocker at G.

That's who I'm rooting for too. Mostly because we have 3 extremely mediocre CBs and nothing after that.

i wanna see how our corners do when their not forced to give up a 10 yard cushion

i wanna see how our corners do when their not forced to give up a 10 yard cushion

We can all agree on that one. Infuriating to say the least. The CBs might actually be shutdown Corners for all we know, but maybe they were forced to play so far off because they were just that bad. Glad we'll finally get to find out next year.

We can all agree on that one. Infuriating to say the least. The CBs might actually be shutdown Corners for all we know, but maybe they were forced to play so far off because they were just that bad. Glad we'll finally get to find out next year.

maybe, but its probably just the scheme. it cant be that no one knows how to press cover

maybe, but its probably just the scheme. it cant be that no one knows how to press cover

I look at it like this. If people only knew our receivers by their production last year, they would think we had nothing for receivers. Put them with Peyton Manning, and they look great. My point is, it is really hard to judge our cornerbacks based on the 12 yard cushions they played. I think this year will really show up how they play.

I look at it like this. If people only knew our receivers by their production last year, they would think we had nothing for receivers. Put them with Peyton Manning, and they look great. My point is, it is really hard to judge our cornerbacks based on the 12 yard cushions they played. I think this year will really show up how they play.

Ya exactly.

For all we know they are studs. Maybe we didn't draft any CB's because the staff thought ours were just fine.....??

Sambrano, if he truly has the hands he has shown so far. I'm tired of these great athletes like Garcon and they're dropping wide open passes....this guy has already shown he can make the big time catch in the endzone (according to mini camp articles).

Definately agree when your already 10 yards away from a player hard to defend slants and passes lets wait and see what schemes Pags comes up with.Give Rucker and Thomas a chance.Powers is already a lock so drop the rest and sign a couple UDFAs to back up them,

Ya exactly.

For all we know they are studs. Maybe we didn't draft any CB's because the staff thought ours were just fine.....??

I think that you are right. According to Grigson, they had targeted a corner in the third round but he was drafted before they could get him. They did not think that any of the remaining corners were better than what we already had on our rosted and that's one of the main reasons we had such an offense-heavy draft. That coupled with the fact that the remaining best available players on their board were mainly offensive players. The draft had a lot of offensive talent this year.

Sambrano, if he truly has the hands he has shown so far. I'm tired of these great athletes like Garcon and they're dropping wide open passes....this guy has already shown he can make the big time catch in the endzone (according to mini camp articles).

Wow! You mean he caught a ball in the endzone in practice? Sign him up! To put down Garcon while implying this guy is better is really lame. Garcon dropped 4 passes last year. Less then Wes Welker. Garcon did nothing but steadily improve and was easily our best receiver last year and was our only big play receiver. He will always be remembered for his drop in the Super Bowl...yes it was terrible and the games momentum changed on that play but year in and year out from 2008-2010 he ranked right beside Dwayne Bowe, Deshawn Jackson, and Steve Smith in drops. Not terrible players and all known for making big plays like Pierre. I would love for Sambrano to be good but he has never even played a down of NFL football and to start heaping praises on the kid who may not even make the cut and in the same breath put down a great contributer to our success over the past 4 years seems in poor taste. I wish Pierre the best but to be honest I am perfectly happy with our receiving core of Wayne, Collie, and our two draft picks Hilton and Brazill. If Avery makes the cut that is plenty because we will likely keep extra TEs for our new offense. We will need spots for players on defense because we still have a lot of question marks there. We know who our starting receivers are. Collie and Wayne. We have our starting TEs Allen and Fleener. We still have questions in our secondary and offensive and defensive line so I would lean towards someone making it from those positions. Considering our injury prone secondary I would prefer depth there. WR we have our 2 starters and we have depth from our 2 draft picks and hopefully Avery if he returns to form. Those other guys will be fine for the practice squad.

I am not rooting for any of them in particular..........however, if I was forced to pick a position I would go with ALL of the Corners........if you throw them all into the mix and they beat out former draft choices then so be it! I just hope that we get better corner play this year and moving forward.......particularly because the pressure 'should' be there from the front seven that would allow them to play man and stay with their man for a few seconds rather than 10 like it was last year - or give the Coyer Cushion!!!!!!

Since the question is who are you rooting for rather than who do you think will make it then I like in this order:

1. Sambrano

2. Chism

3. Whalen

but I guess technically I'm rooting for everyone to be awesome so we can have competition meaning a better team.

I hope we have enough depth and talent that we don't have to resort to UFA's.

Unfortunatley our roster is one of the least talented in the league. Maybe some of the draft picks will turn that around but I can assure you some UFA will make the team. We are thin at linebacker position, Oline, and secondary. DT is pretty thin too. Hopefully some of these guys can help with special teams too