Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In 2012, Who Will Have The Better Record?

Dtman513

Had this same question been asked with Manning still playing for the Colts this season, all of the posters who are saying the Broncos will suck or Manning won't be the same would be declaring another 12-4 or 13-3 season. Too many people seem to have forgotten the fear that the name Manning invokes in defenses. Neck injury or not, he is still one of the best players in the National Football League, and has gone to a very decent, if not good, team.

QFT. (quoted for truth those who don't know)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this a question? How would we, by any stretch of the imagination, be better than the Broncos, who are a SB caliber team? And we won 10 games out last year with PM, 2 without, so he's good for 8 wins. The Broncos won 8 games last year. Obviously the Broncos will go 16-0. In all seriousness, no way we pass the Broncos this year or next.

your putting way too much stock in peyton

Agreed. It's not exactly an easy division and he has a tough schedule regardless. To go from not playing for a year to playing on a team he'll have no consistency with... I think a down year is completely reasonable for him.

Manning is not gonna just come to a new team and just be manning again. Its going to take time. I do think that they are gonna be slightly higher than us, but they are not going to be anything special off the bat.

not hiding. its unrealistic to think that peyton can just pick up where he started. everyone thinking the broncos are automatically super bowl contenders because of peyton is insane. their defense is good, they have weapons on offense fine i get that, but no one wants to account for the schedule, the fact that peyton has had trouble with the the chargers and romeo creenel or even if peyton can still play at a high level.

I respect you coltsrule91 for actually answering my question. Thank you.

I, for one, never speculated they would reach the Superbowl this year. Yes, you are correct. The Chargers & Romeo Carnell has always posed a significant problem for Peyton Manning; I can't deny that. But, Peyton knew what everybody else knew: The Colts secondary under his tenure as field general sucked, our defense couldn't be relied upon for consistent turnovers, & our special teams was pathetic & usually gave our squad poor field position. Other than 2004 & 2006, our RB ground game was atrocious too. Translation: Peyton knew he had to play a perfect game with zero mistakes to beat the Chargers. In Denver, Safety Champ Bailey is a beast & Peyton won't be mandated to carry the primary offensive burden either. He could now in Denver throw a pick without the game, being for all intensive purposes, being decided right then & there.

A year off from football due to several surgical procedures is a valid concern I agree. No one really knows how his body will respond to the 1st regular season sack or how long it will take for the game speed rust to be knocked off. But, Peyton doesn't live in fear & he is an incredibly driven QB who wants to prove all the doubters & naysayers wrong. Perhaps Peyton will be the 1st QB to win 2 Superbowls with 2 different football franchises.

The schedule is the schedule & no team ever wins a game on paper. Buckle your chinstrap, line up, bark out the play call, execute the scheme, & see what happens in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Is there ever such a thing as an easy football schedule? Bleep no!!!

Only a complete fool would honestly believe Peyton could just step in right where he left off prior to his surgeries. Will there be some growing pains for Peyton? Absolutely. Can he work through them & overcome them? Peyton knows the risks involved & the work ethic required to climb Mount Everest again. Will he win another Superbowl Ring? Not this year, but in 2013 he will make a serious Lombardi run IMO.

Thank you again coltsrule91 for the friendly discourse & debate. I enjoyed it.

I think peyton is gonna kill other teams. He's well rested and when was the last time that happened? You can argue that he won't have timing much like he didn't with marv after no training camp. But he's gonna be in training camp. Practicing. There's no way he's not gonna kill unless not healthy. Which he's supposed to be. Expect undefeated.

I think peyton is gonna kill other teams. He's well rested and when was the last time that happened? You can argue that he won't have timing much like he didn't with marv after no training camp. But he's gonna be in training camp. Practicing. There's no way he's not gonna kill unless not healthy. Which he's supposed to be. Expect undefeated.

Ya'll remember he last time PM missed "a lot of time" ??? He sucked the first 6 or so games.

Denver's problem now....

QFT. (quoted for truth those who don't know)

I can assure you, if Manning has lost anything due to his injury, there will be NO fear whatsoever. Players fear production and capability, not reputation that can no longer be upheld. Being an ex-Goat doesn't win games.

Ya'll remember he last time PM missed "a lot of time" ??? He sucked the first 6 or so games.

Denver's problem now....

Peyton missed the entire off-season last time. He was off because he didn't have the repetition going in like every year. He has the entire off-season this time.

A season doesn't depend on what you did last year.

I can assure you, if Manning has lost anything due to his injury, there will be NO fear whatsoever. Players fear production and capability, not reputation that can no longer be upheld. Being an ex-Goat doesn't win games.

Ha, that's laughable. No player is going to go into a game and say, "it's only playing Peyton Manning."

So, did the Broncos. Something tells me they didn't pay Peyton all that money to be anything less than Peyton Manning and I don't expect him to be anything less.

Aren't the broncos waiting till the second year of his contract till guaranteeing any money and they can opt out of the contract . so obviously they aren't so certain about him.

The colts.... ppl still don't know how peyton will perform after taking a hit and could try to protect himself more from one, he's basically an old injured rookie that went to new team, no chemistry whatsoever.... the colts on the other hand are starting on a clean slate with young and a more talented offensive line than peyton has ever had with the colts.

Peyton missed the entire off-season last time. He was off because he didn't have the repetition going in like every year. He has the entire off-season this time.

A season doesn't depend on what you did last year.

Ha, that's laughable. No player is going to go into a game and say, "it's only playing Peyton Manning."

Nope, the only thing that is laughable is your blind refusal to accept that releasing Peyton MIGHT have been the correct decision. And if his throwing action is impaired, defenses will relish the opportunity to 'get after him'. There will be zero fear factor if he's not back to his best.

Nope, the only thing that is laughable is your blind refusal to accept that releasing Peyton MIGHT have been the correct decision. And if his throwing action is impaired, defenses will relish the opportunity to 'get after him'. There will be zero fear factor if he's not back to his best.

What does releasing Peyton have to do with anything? So until some of youse get past this fact you won't listen to logic. He was physically allowed to play for almost four months now. His throwing ability is at a more than capable ability, noted by many different trainers and teams. It's okat to accept the fact Peyton is playing football next year, and is as able as any other player in the league.

The Broncos are in a thousand times better team then we are. We don't even know if the so called line they put together is going to work. We have a guy the Eagles' fans use to chant "Bustice" as he started for them. Why is he going to work for us?

On the other hand the Broncos are a team than can win without a star QB.

Without a big name like Tebow, the Broncos will be forced to become some no name team once again, having picked up some no name named Manning, they will fall to a 1-15 record and pick up Matt Barkley, while the soon to be world champion Colts have picked up their future HOF franchise quarterback and will win 7 superbowls in the next 10 years

:drink:

Without a big name like Tebow, the Broncos will be forced to become some no name team once again, having picked up some no name named Manning, they will fall to a 1-15 record and pick up Matt Barkley, while the soon to be world champion Colts have picked up their future HOF franchise quarterback and will win 7 superbowls in the next 10 years

:drink:

I like the way you think. lmao

What does releasing Peyton have to do with anything? So until some of youse get past this fact you won't listen to logic. He was physically allowed to play for almost four months now. His throwing ability is at a more than capable ability, noted by many different trainers and teams. It's okat to accept the fact Peyton is playing football next year, and is as able as any other player in the league.

The Broncos are in a thousand times better team then we are. We don't even know if the so called line they put together is going to work. We have a guy the Eagles' fans use to chant "Bustice" as he started for them. Why is he going to work for us?

On the other hand the Broncos are a team than can win without a star QB.

Personally, I'll believe he is ok when he's played a few real games, and not rely on propaganda. Just like the Broncos, who have an 'injury clause' in his contract. I really don't mind if Peyton is as good as ever, or has to retire. He is no longer a Colt, and it makes no real difference, other than I really like the guy and want him to do well. But I can get over him not being a Colt. Unlike a few others....

And my main point was that he will not be feared by anyone, unless he is as good as new. You appeared to suggest opposition defenses will crumble just because of his name.

this isnt the peyton of old. peyton is not god. you cant just come back from year off and still be the same player and dont use tom brady as an example because that was his knee.

Honestly, that is a pretty silly post.

this was nerve surgery to his neck.

That everyone says he has been well on his way to healing from.

there was way too many question marks.

Past tense.

your letting the fact that hes peyton manning cloud your judgement.

You're not letting facts cloud yours.

Peyton Manning is a beast plain and simple. Even at 85% (which is where he was this Spring). Now he has an offensive line and a Defense.

I respect you coltsrule91 for actually answering my question. Thank you.

I, for one, never speculated they would reach the Superbowl this year. Yes, you are correct. The Chargers & Romeo Carnell has always posed a significant problem for Peyton Manning; I can't deny that. But, Peyton knew what everybody else knew: The Colts secondary under his tenure as field general sucked, our defense couldn't be relied upon for consistent turnovers, & our special teams was pathetic & usually gave our squad poor field position. Other than 2004 & 2006, our RB ground game was atrocious too. Translation: Peyton knew he had to play a perfect game with zero mistakes to beat the Chargers. In Denver, Safety Champ Bailey is a beast & Peyton won't be mandated to carry the primary offensive burden either. He could now in Denver throw a pick without the game, being for all intensive purposes, being decided right then & there.

A year off from football due to several surgical procedures is a valid concern I agree. No one really knows how his body will respond to the 1st regular season sack or how long it will take for the game speed rust to be knocked off. But, Peyton doesn't live in fear & he is an incredibly driven QB who wants to prove all the doubters & naysayers wrong. Perhaps Peyton will be the 1st QB to win 2 Superbowls with 2 different football franchises.

The schedule is the schedule & no team ever wins a game on paper. Buckle your chinstrap, line up, bark out the play call, execute the scheme, & see what happens in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Is there ever such a thing as an easy football schedule? Bleep no!!!

Only a complete fool would honestly believe Peyton could just step in right where he left off prior to his surgeries. Will there be some growing pains for Peyton? Absolutely. Can he work through them & overcome them? Peyton knows the risks involved & the work ethic required to climb Mount Everest again. Will he win another Superbowl Ring? Not this year, but in 2013 he will make a serious Lombardi run IMO.

Thank you again coltsrule91 for the friendly discourse & debate. I enjoyed it.

i can respect that

If Peyton can play without question the broncos that team won a playoff game last year without him and his weapons. Peyton is probably going to have the best defense he has ever had for a full season and that defense has proven they can win games almost on thier own. If the broncos don't have a better record than the colts it means something we really wrong for them or the colts shocked the world.

your only argument is basically hes peyton manning. i rather go with facts

Not sure what that means but this is not a mathematical equation. And you have no applicable "facts" to support your thesis. This is not last year. EVERY up-to-date, credible report has him either on pace to be 100% or ahead of schedule. At this point there is nothing to support the notion that he or his game will fall off in any way, shape or form come the 2012 season. And a significant amount of information supporting the notion that he and the Denver Broncos will be a VERY good football team.

That aside, in the abstract "Peyton Manning" IS the argument.

Not sure what that means but this is not a mathematical equation. And you have no applicable "facts" to support your thesis. This is not last year. EVERY up-to-date, credible report has him either on pace to be 100% or ahead of schedule. At this point there is nothing to support the notion that he or his game will fall off in any way, shape or form come the 2012 season. And a significant amount of information supporting the notion that he and the Denver Broncos will be a VERY good football team.

That aside, in the abstract "Peyton Manning" IS the argument.

just because hes cleared doesnt mean he can still play like peyton manning and i have given facts about the schedule and about the division while your only argument is doctors have cleared so he must be peyton manning great again. it takes a lot more then being cleared to be same time of player again.

Manning is a harsher critic of himself than anybody in the league, on tv, in print, or on a message board.

He's not going to play if he cannot be Peyton Freaking Manning. The Broncos aren't going to give him 18 million dollars unless he's Peyton Freaking Manning.

Two things to consider.

He's going to put in the effort to be on the same page as his receivers, in the new offense. There is no doubt about that.

He's going to have a chip on his shoulders due to the past 5 months. There is no doubt about that.

Obviously the Broncos and the other teams that flirted with him had no issues about moving forward with him. Just be glad he didn't go to Tennessee, then the Colts would be playing for 3rd place until he retired.

just because hes cleared doesnt mean he can still play like peyton manning

I did not say anything about him "being cleared". Besides, that was back in February. I said EVERY up-to-date, credible report has him either on pace to be 100% or ahead of schedule.

and i have given facts about the schedule and about the division

Respectfully, the division sucks. Every team was .500 or below. Combined they won 31 games last year and lost 33. So saying the division is a big deal is incorrect. And Peyton has played with a difficult schedule for the better part of his career. Furthermore, when it was all said and done, the schedule during his 06 Super Bowl season wound up being the 3rd hardest in the league.

while your only argument is doctors have cleared so he must be peyton manning great again.

No. I said in the abstract "Peyton Manning" IS the argument. He wins everywhere he goes. I appreciate the medical concerns that were there before but from all accounts he is ready to go.

it takes a lot more then being cleared to be same time of player again.

Again, I did not say anything about him being cleared. Going forward you'll be intellectually dishonest to bring that up. We're passed his being cleared. Well passed that.

Why is this a question? How would we, by any stretch of the imagination, be better than the Broncos, who are a SB caliber team? And we won 10 games out last year with PM, 2 without, so he's good for 8 wins. The Broncos won 8 games last year. Obviously the Broncos will go 16-0. In all seriousness, no way we pass the Broncos this year or next.

Denver carried Tim Tebow to 8-8 last year....

If we're 8-8 , Pagano is coach of the year...

so if told you i was a 600 pound gorilla would you respect me at my word? look peyton and doctors can say what they want, but i have my own opinions until there proven wrong.

That's the difference though. Your opinions are just that opinions. What Manning and the doctors say though are called facts. Facts outweigh opinions every time.

Manning is a harsher critic of himself than anybody in the league, on tv, in print, or on a message board.

He's not going to play if he cannot be Peyton Freaking Manning. The Broncos aren't going to give him 18 million dollars unless he's Peyton Freaking Manning.

Two things to consider.

He's going to put in the effort to be on the same page as his receivers, in the new offense. There is no doubt about that.

He's going to have a chip on his shoulders due to the past 5 months. There is no doubt about that.

Obviously the Broncos and the other teams that flirted with him had no issues about moving forward with him. Just be glad he didn't go to Tennessee, then the Colts would be playing for 3rd place until he retired.

no the broncos hope hes still peyton freaking manning. you cant know for sure until he plays in an actually games with pads and high speed action

I did not say anything about him "being cleared". Besides, that was back in February. I said EVERY up-to-date, credible report has him either on pace to be 100% or ahead of schedule.

Respectfully, the division sucks. Every team was .500 or below. Combined they won 31 games last year and lost 33. So saying the division is a big deal is incorrect. And Peyton has played with a difficult schedule for the better part of his career. Furthermore, when it was all said and done, the schedule during his 06 Super Bowl season wound up being the 3rd hardest in the league.

No. I said in the abstract "Peyton Manning" IS the argument. He wins everywhere he goes. I appreciate the medical concerns that were there before but from all accounts he is ready to go.

Again, I did not say anything about him being cleared. Going forward you'll be intellectually dishonest to bring that up. We're passed his being cleared. Well passed that.

when im referring to the division i mean how peyton struggles against the chargers and romeo crennel. the whole being clear thing was referring to your up-to-date credible reports and how they can say hes on schedule, but until hes playing in a real game thats my proof

That's the difference though. Your opinions are just that opinions. What Manning and the doctors say though are called facts. Facts outweigh opinions every time.

doctors can say whatever they want. the proof is on the field. look the whole point of this thread was to say who will have the better record. i gave my opinion thats it. if peyton plays like peyton then im wrong and ill be the first one to say it

when im referring to the division i mean how peyton struggles against the chargers and romeo crennel. the whole being clear thing was referring to your up-to-date credible reports and how they can say hes on schedule, but until hes playing in a real game thats my proof

Coltsrule91 is exactly right. Nobody really knows not even Peyton how well he will perform on the field when the lights get turned on for real. We expect #18 to do well, but we must temper that enthusiasm with the slightest hint of reservation. A lot of variables still exist regarding Peyton's recovery time & overall health. That's all coltsrule91 is really saying...Hold off the the ticker taper Superbowl parade in Denver this year okay.

I believe Peyton still has 1-2 more Lombardi runs in his DNA myself just not this year IMO. Well said coltsrule91. Well said.