Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In 2012, Who Will Have The Better Record?

Dtman513

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 million is a big hope.. Im guessing it may be a tad more than hoping.. I dont think nfl franchises work like fantasy football

is a gamble better. call it w/e you want but theres no guarantee peyton will still be peyton which is why i said the broncos are hoping he is still manning. they want to take the risk.

Tell me the major differnces between the 2010 team and the 2011 team..

for one injuries destroyed our defense. no brackett, no bulliet. powers missed time, lacey was trash, and too many rookies were playing. 2010 was more aggressive and creative, 2011 was basically high school defense that was afraid to do anything. no adjustments were made and we give up games because we didnt make those adjustments.

offense was more of the coaches stupidity to force our other qbs to play peyton's system which is insane. o-line was a mess. they were basically playing musical chairs with that line.

with peyton we wouldnt have been the worst team, but i doubt we would have made the playoffs.

for one injuries destroyed our defense. no brackett, no bulliet. powers missed time, lacey was trash, and too many rookies were playing. 2010 was more aggressive and creative, 2011 was basically high school defense that was afraid to do anything. no adjustments were made and we give up games because we didnt make those adjustments.

offense was more of the coaches stupidity to force our other qbs to play peyton's system which is insane. o-line was a mess. they were basically playing musical chairs with that line.

with peyton we wouldnt have been the worst team, but i doubt we would have made the playoffs.

i disagree. They won the final 4 games in 2010 without collie, clark, bullit,or powers,

i disagree. They won the final 4 games in 2010 without collie, clark, bullit,or powers,

it was the jags and the titans twice. not exactly tough opponets and we should have lost that last game. crazy play saved us

it was the jags and the titans twice. not exactly tough opponets and we should have lost that last game. crazy play saved us

Coulda woulda shoulda... they won. the rhodes fumble set the titans up to win, but a 40 year old kerry collins gave it back to us..

point is peyton won 10 games with the same team painter, collins and orlovsky won 2 games with.

still dont see your point. i already said we would have won more games with peyton and no there were alot more rookies playing in 2011 then 2010

Leverage isn't needed when you are discussing facts.

Today is Sunday.

Division games are on the schedule every year. Those just so happened to be at the end of the year. Since they are "nothing", it wouldn't matter when they were played.

that whole you cant control the schedule is a bunch of crap. regardless of when you play your weak opponents you played weak opponents

No he is not. Now we get to see how great he really is. This is the team he should of had all along.

nothing has changed. the broncos defense is just like the colts d. all rush and no run stop.

im one of the few people to think the broncos will finish 7-9 while the colts go 9-7. manning has always had trouble playing vs the chargers and the chiefs,raiders have solid defenses. the colts are in maybe the easiest division in the nfl so by default were gonna get easy wins. the only guaranteed losses the colts will face is packers,patriots,lions,and texans away. every other game the colts play could go either way but the broncos road is much tougher. i think the broncos will loose to chargers 2x,saints,steerlers,patriots,bengals,texans,raiders,ravens, and finish 7-9.

Peyton has played those teams and beaten them many times with the Colts. What Peyton has struggled with over the years is going up against 3-4 defenses when we couldn't RUN THE BALL against a 3 man front! That is why he struggles. Our line was so bad he knew we couldn't run against the chargers and steelers and years back against the Patriots. When we had a good running game Peyton had no issues. Fact is Denvers line isn't top notch but much better than ours. They can definately run the ball and those 3-4 defenses will not be able to stop their running game without putting extra defenders in the box. Doing so only plays into Peytons strength. Denver will be well balanced. Peyton I think will throw for 4000 yards barely. Probably 30 TDs but they will win because they will have balance on offense with McGahee and Morano.

not hiding. its unrealistic to think that peyton can just pick up where he started. everyone thinking the broncos are automatically super bowl contenders because of peyton is insane. their defense is good, they have weapons on offense fine i get that, but no one wants to account for the schedule, the fact that peyton has had trouble with the the chargers and romeo creenel or even if peyton can still play at a high level.

Peyton has played against those same teams and defenses for the last 10 years. We have played a first place schedule for as long as I can remember. That schedule won't scare Peyton. It is likely he will be rusty and possibly a little slower at first but I see no reason he won't be up to speed very quickly. Peyton won games in his head not with his arm. That shouldn't change. To be honest this is likely to be his first season pain free since he has suffered from this neck and arm pain for several years. The guy is hungry and motivated...who wants to go up against that?! We have a rookie qb and journeyman OL. I like that we will get better but we won't rival the Denver Broncos.

Then by all means have at it. :)

me and another poster were comparing the 2010 and 2011 teams. i listed a bunch of player that were hurt so he said we won the last four games without those players and i mentioned how those teams were weak

Peyton has played against those same teams and defenses for the last 10 years. We have played a first place schedule for as long as I can remember. That schedule won't scare Peyton. It is likely he will be rusty and possibly a little slower at first but I see no reason he won't be up to speed very quickly. Peyton won games in his head not with his arm. That shouldn't change. To be honest this is likely to be his first season pain free since he has suffered from this neck and arm pain for several years. The guy is hungry and motivated...who wants to go up against that?! We have a rookie qb and journeyman OL. I like that we will get better but we won't rival the Denver Broncos.

and guess what hes lost to the chargers more times then hes beaten them and no running the ball wasnt the reason peyton struggled against the 3-4, its because he can never read whos coming and whos rushing which he is basically his game to get at defensives because once he knows whos staying and whos coming he knows how to attack them.

me and another poster were comparing the 2010 and 2011 teams. i listed a bunch of player that were hurt so he said we won the last four games without those players and i mentioned how those teams were weak

Okay.

So that changes anything how? Those teams would have been quote "nothing", whether they were games 1-3, 5-7, 9-11, 15-17?

If anything one could argue that if those "weak games" would have been when the offense was struggling due to new players playing, then they would have the same outcome since they were nothing, and the team would have had a better shot against the teams they struggled with and lost to, if they would have been at the end of the year. Either way the record is likely the same.

If anything, in my opinion a healthy Manning paired with the 2011 team is better than the 2010 team.

and guess what hes lost to the chargers more times then hes beaten them and no running the ball wasnt the reason peyton struggled against the 3-4, its because he can never read whos coming and whos rushing which he is basically his game to get at defensives because once he knows whos staying and whos coming he knows how to attack them.

what is his record against the ravens?

Okay.

So that changes anything how? Those teams would have been quote "nothing", whether they were games 1-3, 5-7, 9-11, 15-17?

If anything one could argue that if those "weak games" would have been when the offense was struggling due to new players playing, then they would have the same outcome since they were nothing, and the team would have had a better shot against the teams they struggled with and lost to, if they would have been at the end of the year. Either way the record is likely the same.

If anything, in my opinion a healthy Manning paired with the 2011 team is better than the 2010 team.

we play the jags raiders and titans twice for god sake and no 2011 team would have been terrible even with peyton. line and defense were a mess and terrible coaching and injuries would have held even the great peyton back

we play the jags raiders and titans twice for god sake and no 2011 team would have been terrible even with peyton. line and defense were a mess and terrible coaching and injuries would have held even the great peyton back

if you say so

Some very short memories for some around here..

peyton was a once in a life time qb and i appreciate everything he did for the colts, but that has nothing to do with this thread. i answered the OP question. i dont care if you dont like my answer. support peyton all you want. go wear orange for all i care. i gave my opinion if you dont like thats your problem

peyton was a once in a life time qb and i appreciate everything he did for the colts, but that has nothing to do with this thread. i answered the OP question. i dont care if you dont like my answer. support peyton all you want. go wear orange for all i care. i gave my opinion if you dont like thats your problem

And you know something? You absolutely have the right to your own opinions and it is not wrong.

I am actually suprised Donkey related threads are allowed in the Colts section. This thread was bound to be a fight from the start.

It really is amazing at the lengths that some take.

Yes it is Jim. It works all ways though. Like all the "groups" on this forum. You know?

And the lengths some go to in order to stick up for Peyton at times and never admit he had a single fault, ever. That can be amazing as well. He isn't even our QB anymore and some stick up for him more probably then they do our team.

He is an all time great. But, he was not immune to criticism and still isn't. I appreciate everything he did and always will. But, like ANY player he is not above criticism.

It's a message forum. All opinions are welcome correct?

It's going to be sad and funny at the same time when people tear down Luck after he makes his first rookie mistakes in the NFL. I can already see the threads now......