Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In 2012, Who Will Have The Better Record?

Dtman513

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning sucks..... He will not bring the Broncos to glory. Has everyone here already forgotten how horrible he is in the playoffs? Why does everyone think that Denver is the answer to that? How long did it take for Manning to be dead on with receivers in Indy so that both the WR and QB were perfectly in sync.

The Broncos can fall into what everyone else has been saying about us for the last decade which is that we are great during the regular season but fail in the playoffs, and before everyone touts the SB win, lets not forget we were losing to Rex Grossman at half time.

Here we go again with the same ludicrous argument that the only reason the Colts won the SB in 2006 was because of Rex Grossman's incompetence. As if to imply that Peyton & Co. didn't have to line up against the Bears defense & execute plays in the rain either. Really? Is that the best counter argument you can muster? You make it sound like Rex Grossman was reenacting a Marx Brothers comedy routine about a slippery ball & that all the Colts had to do was grab some popcorn, pull up a chair, & let the Grossman slapstick improvisation commence. So, in your mind, the Colts squad had no need to run the ball, score any touchdowns, or take an interception nearly all the way to the endzone I suppose right.

Here is another foolish argument Peyton can't win the Playoffs. I think this past season clearly demonstrated with #18 on the NFL sidelines just how many gaping holes Peyton covered up on offense, defense, & special teams. Is Peyton solely responsible for pathetic Colts secondary coverage & poor special team's punting & field position too? Not to mention sad running back yards other than 2004 & 2006 throughout his field general tenure in INDY? Bleep no. My point is in INDY Peyton had to play nearly perfect football because the Colts team was not good enough to overcome a high scoring deficeit on average. The Tampa Bay 35 point comeback game against Coach Jon Gruden is the rare exception to that typical rule of thumb IMO.

Peyton Manning does not "suck" sir. Both Elway & Fox will surround Peyton will talent in Denver like a solid o-line, a reliable RB presence that is dependable & can open up the play action pass, & 2 pass rusher similar to what he had in INDY with Freeney & Mathis to give Peyton a short field to work & score in. Peyton won't make a SB run this year, but I can almost guarantee he will in 2013. All you Peyton doubters out there spread your cynicism & reservations about #18's legacy; Peyton thrives on this & he will make all the non believers out there eat their words like burnt crow. It is only a matter of time; Not if & how but when...

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, May 11, 2012 - baiting
Hidden by Coltssouth, May 11, 2012 - baiting

Here we go again with the same ludicrous argument that the only reason the Colts won the SB in 2006 was because of Rex Grossman's incompetence. As if to imply that Peyton & Co. didn't have to line up against the Bears defense & execute plays in the rain either. Really? Is that the best counter argument you can muster? You make it sound like Rex Grossman was reenacting a Marx Brothers comedy routine about a slippery ball & that all the Colts had to do was grab some popcorn, pull up a chair, & let the Grossman slapstick improvisation commence. So, in your mind, the Colts squad had no need to run the ball, score any touchdowns, or take an interception nearly all the way to the endzone I suppose right.

Here is another foolish argument Peyton can't win the Playoffs. I think this past season clearly demonstrated with #18 on the NFL sidelines just how many gaping holes Peyton covered up on offense, defense, & special teams. Is Peyton solely responsible for pathetic Colts secondary coverage & poor special team's punting & field position too? Not to mention sad running back yards other than 2004 & 2006 throughout his field general tenure in INDY? Bleep no. My point is in INDY Peyton had to play nearly perfect football because the Colts team was not good enough to overcome a high scoring deficeit on average. The Tampa Bay 35 point comeback game against Coach Jon Gruden is the rare exception to that typical rule of thumb IMO.

Peyton Manning does not "suck" sir. Both Elway & Fox will surround Peyton will talent in Denver like a solid o-line, a reliable RB presence that is dependable & can open up the play action pass, & 2 pass rusher similar to what he had in INDY with Freeney & Mathis to give Peyton a short field to work & score in. Peyton won't make a SB run this year, but I can almost guarantee he will in 2013. All you Peyton doubters out there spread your cynicism & reservations about #18's legacy; Peyton thrives on this & he will make all the non believers out there eat their words like burnt crow. It is only a matter of time; Not if & how but when...

I dont care about the reasoning above, and I'm not even going to read it, i'm just going to let you know. that I think Peyton Manning Sucks, I think he is bad in the playoffs, I think he wont win another SB, I think we are better than Denver as it is right now, and I know we were losing to the bears at halftime. Nothing more, nothing less. Good day to you sir.

What does being down at half time have to do with anything?

Giants have won 4 superbowls. They were losing at halftime of all 4. Is the wins supposed to mean less because of that?

Didn't you know. The team gets extra diamonds in their championship ring if they lead all 4 quarters.....

It's just amazing how some are.

not hiding. its unrealistic to think that peyton can just pick up where he started. everyone thinking the broncos are automatically super bowl contenders because of peyton is insane. their defense is good, they have weapons on offense fine i get that, but no one wants to account for the schedule, the fact that peyton has had trouble with the the chargers and romeo creenel or even if peyton can still play at a high level.

Well considering when Peyton played those teams he didn't have a top defense either and our ST sucked so I think he will have a better season than the Colts this year because he has more of a balanced team than he has had in years if ever. If Peyton didn't feel he could play at his level he wouldn't have signed with any team.

Well considering when Peyton played those teams he didn't have a top defense either and our ST sucked so I think he will have a better season than the Colts this year because he has more of a balanced team than he has had in years if ever. If Peyton didn't feel he could play at his level he wouldn't have signed with any team.

top defense? your acting like the broncos have the ravens or 49er defense. they have pass rushers just like the colts. they suck at stopping the run just like the colts. peyton can think he can play at the same level all he wants, but comes down to what happens when the pads are on and lights are shining. thats all the matters

top defense? your acting like the broncos have the ravens or 49er defense. they have pass rushers just like the colts. they suck at stopping the run just like the colts. peyton can think he can play at the same level all he wants, but comes down to what happens when the pads are on and lights are shining. thats all the matters

Well you must have got up in the arguing mood today. Hope the rest of your day goes better. haha As for the Broncos defense they won a few games for Tebow last year so they must be better than OP want to admit. Nuff said.

Well you must have got up in the arguing mood today. Hope the rest of your day goes better. haha As for the Broncos defense they won a few games for Tebow last year so they must be better than OP want to admit. Nuff said.

TBH any defense wins a few games for their QB at times. Not just Denver with Tebow.

Even the Colts D's have had good games with Manning before. Sometimes it has been our offense that has let us down in big games. It is a team game like many harp on. While a QB needs a team to win, sometimes the team needs the QB to play his best in big moments too.

Team sport.

It all has to come together at the right time.

this has nothing to do with now. im glad peyton was our qb and what he did for the colts, but thats the past and im looking at this from facts not just that hes peyton manning

I'm looking at this from a point of view of a sentimental fan with heart. I can frankly care less about your comment so I respectfully disagree with you. Just being honest.

We all are fond of Manning and what he did here. But, not all of us are going to root for Denver. He is in a different uniform now. Many of us root for the laundry not the players. Sounds harsh but my heart is not with Manning.....

who said we gonna be rooting for Denver? I am just being realistic. Peyton still the best and gonna win another MVP. Will you really be surprised if he does?

I bet if he dominates again and is one of the best QB's this year you will jump back on his bandwagon. Sit back and watch this happen. I will even place a trampoline for you, so it will be easier.

I'm looking at this from a point of view of a sentimental fan with heart. I can frankly care less about your comment so I respectfully disagree with you. Just being honest.

you want to be blinded by your loyalty to peyton go right ahead

who said we gonna be rooting for Denver? I am just being realistic. Peyton still the best and gonna win another MVP. Will you really be surprised if he does?

I bet if he dominates again and is one of the best QB's this year you will jump back on his bandwagon. Sit back and watch this happen. I will even place a trampoline for you, so it will be easier.

As always, you forget most on here are Colts fans, and do not 'follow' a player. They follow a team. It would be worthwhile remembering that before posting your hostile nonsense in the future.....

is this really even up for debate? Peyton actually has a defense now to help him out......something I hope the Colts get in the draft next year....Amerson. Also the Broncos clearly will have the better record, heck the Colts are having alot of players battle for a starting job seemingly at nearly half their positions. thats NOT a good sign

you wanna believe everything is fine and peyton will still be peyton fine thats your opinion.

Im pretty sure the Broncos would not have signed him to a 95 million dollar contract if he was going to be anything but Peyton.. Forgive me if i think the doctors, john elway, peyton and every other rational person may have it right..

Agreed. It's not exactly an easy division and he has a tough schedule regardless. To go from not playing for a year to playing on a team he'll have no consistency with... I think a down year is completely reasonable for him.

The broncos won the division by winning 8 games last year.. How is that not an easy division?

Im pretty sure the Broncos would not have signed him to a 95 million dollar contract if he was going to be anything but Peyton.. Forgive me if i think the doctors, john elway, peyton and every other rational person may have it right..

you do know its basically a one year contract. they can opt out if they want

The colts.... ppl still don't know how peyton will perform after taking a hit and could try to protect himself more from one, he's basically an old injured rookie that went to new team, no chemistry whatsoever.... the colts on the other hand are starting on a clean slate with young and a more talented offensive line than peyton has ever had with the colts.

Youre saying the colts have a more talented o line this year than has ever been here during peytons career... Are you feeling ok?? that is the most absurd thing i have heard in awhile.

Youre saying the colts have a more talented o line this year than has ever been here during peytons career... Are you feeling ok?? that is the most absurd thing i have heard in awhile.

actually its not too off.

The broncos won the division by winning 8 games last year.. How is that not an easy division?

That's one way of thinking of it... or Maybe if it was such an easy division they would have won more games? They went 3-3 in their division, clearly the other teams aren't push-overs.

yeah the same problems that were there in 2010

like what? you wanna compare the two years? you wanna tell me that crap team and horrible coaching would have still allowed us to win the division or make the playoffs if we had peyton?