Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In 2012, Who Will Have The Better Record?

Dtman513

doctors can say whatever they want.

Actually they can't. With lawsuits, liability, medical malpractice, etc doctors have to be very careful about what they say.
the proof is on the field. look the whole point of this thread was to say who will have the better record. i gave my opinion thats it. if peyton plays like peyton then im wrong and ill be the first one to say it

I agree the intent of the thread was to get opinions on who would have a better record. Your intent is obviously to try and show that you know more about Manning's health than the doctors and well Manning. If your intent was otherwise you would have just stated you think the Colts would have a better record.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos were a fluke last year. How many lucky breaks did that team get to win some games that they did? Heck if the Raiders win that final game instead of choking it THEY were division winners. If Rivers does not throw 500 interceptions the Chargers might win the division. Chiefs were not far off too.

Now that Manning is there they are a contender I guess. They might be, but I have to see more to believe it and it's not just Peyton it's that team. The D is overrated but people talk like they had the Niners D of last season. How much better will it be? Had issues against the run and against good offenses. The offense will be completely different with Manning so it's tough for me to call too. The receivers are not as talented as people think either.

The whole team drove me up the wall last year and the media hype it got. They were possibly one of the WORST playoff teams I have ever seen. I was stunned Pittsburgh took them so lightly. Unless it was the SB loser curse, injuries I don't know. But, I was a bit suprised the Steelers were so awful on defense against them and let them control the game for the most part. I probably should have seen it coming though based on the Steelers injuries.

Of course to the few usual suspects here this will be a Manning bashing post. It's not. It's just me being honest watching that team last year and the fortunes they received on the way to the beat down in NE.

Heck I did not even mind that NE beat them in the end so the agony could end.

If the Broncos don't live up to expectations in the next few years (whatever the expectations are) then Elway is going to get crucified.

The fact that these threads are still being started are crazy.The Broncos are IMO still taking a big risk here with Manning for a few years with an open window if they get that. When QBs reach a certain age their odds to win it all decrease rapidly, just look up the history.

Overall, does it matter? I am being 100% honest. Peyton's odds are not great. The Broncos are not as good as people think from last year. This has NOTHING to do with the Colts. Or hating either like a few think.

With the Colts we have seen a ton of threads analzying the situation we are in. Expectations are low. Any wins will be a joy to watch. Many have gut feeling things might be better and some smell doom.

The Colts are a tough one to call. Nobody has seen Luck yet in the NFL. Or the new staff. Or many of the new faces. It might take a few years it might gel sooner then we think. We don't know.

*sigh* These threads.......

when im referring to the division i mean how peyton struggles against the chargers and romeo crennel.

I understood what you were inferring. But you said what you said. The strength of schedule is a dud as is the division. With regard to the Chargers and Chiefs, the Broncos split both series with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow running the show. Most would suspect they'll do a right bit better with 4 time NFL MVP Peyton Manning calling the plays and a defense better than anything Manning has had before.

the whole being clear thing was referring to your up-to-date credible reports and how they can say hes on schedule, but until hes playing in a real game thats my proof

Yeah that doesn't make sense (nor does it amount to "proof"). His being cleared in February has nothing to do with reports coming out in April and May. It just is what it is Bro.

And the notion that people do not instinctively understand the difference between progress reports and playing in a game is nonsensical. We all comprehend that and can at the same time make valid arguments. You don't get a magical blanket of last year's medical problems to cover over reality. The Peyton Manning led Broncos are gonna be a sight better than last year's Broncos team. And more than likely the upstart Colts. But I would hope that was not true.

Nevertheless, I for one do not need to temper some implied enthusiasm. I don't care if he wins a game or gets hit by a mack truck. He's not playing for the Colts so there is no emotional investment on my part. I'm simply stating some pretty obvious and reasonable conclusions.

I'm pretty sure the question wasn't wether or not the Broncos will be contenders next year.

I'll say this.

The Colts UPSIDE is higher. The Broncos have high expectations to perform GREAT and soon. To get to a SB and win it.

IF the Broncos don't win more games then the "crappy Colts" then Elway/Manning will look ridiculous. Thats the cold hard truth.

Even you and your Texans buddy is pretty much laughing at Colts fans optimism. We are expected to stink.

Actually they can't. With lawsuits, liability, medical malpractice, etc doctors have to be very careful about what they say.

I agree the intent of the thread was to get opinions on who would have a better record. Your intent is obviously to try and show that you know more about Manning's health than the doctors and well Manning. If your intent was otherwise you would have just stated you think the Colts would have a better record.

you misinterpreted what i meant. doctors saying manning is health is fine, but i wanna see what he can do on the field. that was not my intent. i said the broncos would be 8-8 and i stated why. the manning health thing came up because posters were arguing with my opinion

Aren't the broncos waiting till the second year of his contract till guaranteeing any money and they can opt out of the contract . so obviously they aren't so certain about him.

Yes, the deal the Broncos got, however large its size seems, is a reasonable one. Peyton has $18 mil fully guaranteed the first year. After that, they can let him go and owe nothing. If they decide to keep him, Peyton is owed $40 mill for the next two years. However, if he injures his neck in year 2, they can cut him. If he injures anything other than his neck in year 2, year 3 is fully guaranteed. After that $18/year per year for two years, renewable every year.

The Broncos only spends $18 mil to find out if he can still play. If he can, any amount of money they spend on Peyton is a good deal. If not, $18 mil is all they waste. A small price to pay to see if the league's best player still is, and get rid of Tebow's college offense I am guessing Elway so hated (as I did) and his fanatical fans who bummed me out so much.

Personally, I'll believe he is ok when he's played a few real games, and not rely on propaganda. Just like the Broncos, who have an 'injury clause' in his contract. I really don't mind if Peyton is as good as ever, or has to retire. He is no longer a Colt, and it makes no real difference, other than I really like the guy and want him to do well. But I can get over him not being a Colt. Unlike a few others....

And my main point was that he will not be feared by anyone, unless he is as good as new. You appeared to suggest opposition defenses will crumble just because of his name.

1.) First this discussion has nothing to do with him not being a Colt. So what is the point of keep bringing this up?

2.) It seems you think all of the respect and reputation he has is gone just because he missed a year. If that's not the case then we don't disagree. I think though it's all there no matter what.

I just realized this thread was serious.

Sisko-facepalm.gif

How people forget, huh?

1.) First this discussion has nothing to do with him not being a Colt. So what is the point of keep bringing this up?

2.) It seems you think all of the respect and reputation he has is gone just because he missed a year. If that's not the case then we don't disagree. I think though it's all there no matter what.

How people forget, huh?

Tommy Tutone always plays 867-5309.

Starts at 1:10

The Broncos were a fluke last year. How many lucky breaks did that team get to win some games that they did? Heck if the Raiders win that final game instead of choking it THEY were division winners. If Rivers does not throw 500 interceptions the Chargers might win the division. Chiefs were not far off too.

Now that Manning is there they are a contender I guess. They might be, but I have to see more to believe it and it's not just Peyton it's that team. The D is overrated but people talk like they had the Niners D of last season. How much better will it be? Had issues against the run and against good offenses. The offense will be completely different with Manning so it's tough for me to call too. The receivers are not as talented as people think either.

The whole team drove me up the wall last year and the media hype it got. They were possibly one of the WORST playoff teams I have ever seen. I was stunned Pittsburgh took them so lightly. Unless it was the SB loser curse, injuries I don't know. But, I was a bit suprised the Steelers were so awful on defense against them and let them control the game for the most part. I probably should have seen it coming though based on the Steelers injuries.

Of course to the few usual suspects here this will be a Manning bashing post. It's not. It's just me being honest watching that team last year and the fortunes they received on the way to the beat down in NE.

Heck I did not even mind that NE beat them in the end so the agony could end.

If the Broncos don't live up to expectations in the next few years (whatever the expectations are) then Elway is going to get crucified.

The fact that these threads are still being started are crazy.The Broncos are IMO still taking a big risk here with Manning for a few years with an open window if they get that. When QBs reach a certain age their odds to win it all decrease rapidly, just look up the history.

Overall, does it matter? I am being 100% honest. Peyton's odds are not great. The Broncos are not as good as people think from last year. This has NOTHING to do with the Colts. Or hating either like a few think.

Once again, Jules is as right as rain. Everything fell into place last year for the Broncos & Tim Tebow to back into the Playoffs. Philip Rivers, Romeo Carnell, & Richard Seymour won't get embarrassed again by Mile High trickery & incredible luck. They all have a bitter taste in their mouth & wanna make an example of Denver.

I am curious about John Elway & John Fox's realistic level of success this season. The Chargers will win the division & perhaps Denver could land a wildcard spot IMO. In my view, Tim Tebow's lack of QB skills takes some pressure off Manning. Take it week by week; game by game. No grand illusions about Lombardi Greatness this year; Peyton won't allow that sentiment to bubble over in the huddle.

Your point about the NFL window shrinking due to age & wear & tear is a valid one. Peyton's got 3 years of top notch football to get another ring & match his brother Eli in. If he gets another "Precious Ring," he will retire & ride off into the sunset cementing his NFL career just like John Elway did IMO.

The Chargers will win the division.

LOLOL

The ownership of the Chargers did nothing to fix the major problems that the franchise suffer from. Namely their Head Coach and their General Manager. I see no reason to expect the Chargers to do anything but continue to decline over the next several years. Even more so now that Peyton Manning is in Denver and the Raiders have a very solid front office in place.

Once again, Jules is as right as rain. Everything fell into place last year for the Broncos & Tim Tebow to back into the Playoffs. Philip Rivers, Romeo Carnell, & Richard Seymour won't get embarrassed again by Mile High trickery & incredible luck. They all have a bitter taste in their mouth & wanna make an example of Denver.

That is true. I have to think just having Peyton in the division alone might raise the games of the other teams. Who knows right? It might be a fun division to watch. The West has often been an enigma to me. I could see Mr. Rivers raising him game though.

I am curious about John Elway & John Fox's realistic level of success this season. The Chargers will win the division & perhaps Denver could land a wildcard spot IMO. In my view, Tim Tebow's lack of QB skills takes some pressure off Manning. Take it week by week; game by game. No grand illusions about Lombardi Greatness this year; Peyton won't allow that sentiment to bubble over in the huddle.

I don't know. I would guess they hope to win the division and take it from there in the playoffs. I am a little suprised though by their draft. I expected more "win now" moves then what they did. Unless I am underestimating their potential already.

But, in this league teams go up and down so often and the West never seems to have a ton of consistency lately.

Your point about the NFL window shrinking due to age & wear & tear is a valid one. Peyton's got 3 years of top notch football to get another ring & match his brother Eli in. If he gets another "Precious Ring," he will retire & ride off into the sunset cementing his NFL career just like John Elway did IMO.

TBH when we speak of the second ring I always think back to the Saints SB. It was there. It is not all on Peyton. The entire team and the coaching staff......they did not deliver.

But, the second ring was THERE. For many of them. Peyton/Jeff/Reggie/Freeney/Mathis......it was there. And for Adam.....a 5th.

That Saints SB was so winnable.

If all these guy never get another then that might always haunt them. And I guess if you are NE you were that close to beating the Giants TWICE that it might haunt you even more.

A few bounces of the ball is sometimes all it takes to be a champion or going home. Last years Broncos were certainly decent at times but the ball bounced their way more times then not. Will the breaks be there for them this season too?

When the Colts finally won it all in 2006 it was like the breaks were finally going OUR way in the playoffs. Just for one season. While other teams and QBs get them it seems more often. Even Peyton's little brother.

I have wanted more good fortune for many years on this team in the biggest moments like some other teams seem to get. Is that why we got a QB named LUCK. ;)

In case anyone cares, current SB odds. The name Manning alone has made the Broncos shoot up. I am suprised by how low the Giants are.......

I think GB and NE were at the top last offseason too.

I would say yes, Colts are not expected to be good. But, not expected to be the worst. Denver has very high expectations.

Green Bay Packers

13/2

New England Patriots

8/1

San Francisco 49ers

10/1

Denver Broncos

12/1

Houston Texans

12/1

Philadelphia Eagles

14/1

Baltimore Ravens

16/1

New York Giants

16/1

New Orleans Saints

18/1

Chicago Bears

20/1

Dallas Cowboys

20/1

Pittsburgh Steelers

20/1

Atlanta Falcons

22/1

San Diego Chargers

22/1

Detroit Lions

25/1

New York Jets

25/1

Carolina Panthers

35/1

Cincinnati Bengals

40/1

Arizona Cardinals

50/1

Buffalo Bills

50/1

Kansas City Chiefs

50/1

Miami Dolphins

50/1

Seattle Seahawks

50/1

Tennessee Titans

50/1

Washington Redskins

50/1

Oakland Raiders

65/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

65/1

St. Louis Rams

75/1

Indianapolis Colts

100/1

Minnesota Vikings

100/1

Cleveland Browns

150/1

Jacksonville Jaguars

150/1

In case anyone cares, current SB odds. The name Manning alone has made the Broncos shoot up. I am suprised by how low the Giants are.......

I think GB and NE were at the top last offseason too.

I would say yes, Colts are not expected to be good. But, not expected to be the worst. Denver has very high expectations.

New York Giants

16/1

I love how the Giants are always the underdogs until they win the super bowl, then everyone talks how great they played for a couple months, then everyone forgets about them until they win another SB haha.

LOLOL

The ownership of the Chargers did nothing to fix the major problems that the franchise suffer from. Namely their Head Coach and their General Manager. I see no reason to expect the Chargers to do anything but continue to decline over the next several years. Even more so now that Peyton Manning is in Denver and the Raiders have a very solid front office in place.

"Pressure busts pipes" as LB Ray Lewis is so found of saying & both the GM & HC know win or you're fired. Pressure can also make the cream rise straight up to the top & perform flawlessly. Look at Tom Coughlin & the NY Giants. Whenever Coughlin's head is on the chomping black, the GMEN always execute best when their backs are against the wall. There is a huge difference between front office chaos & on the field precision. Not to mention the window on Philip Rivers Lombardi prospects are beginning to close. That makes a field general work their tail off & demand perfection from everyone on the field. Put up or shut up time Philip...Now or never.

It's all about pressure, intensity, & how players & coaches respond to it. Does it make you thrive or wilt like a delicate flower? Time to answer the bell Gentlemen.

Frankly Mr. Casserly, I could care less if you are laughing your caboose off at my Chargers Division winner projection or not. Unlike your last name sake GM Charlie Casserly, who ran the Redskins & Texans draft decisions in Washington & Houston; Mr. Casserly despite frequent attempts on Colts Forum over a variety of topics in my view, are no football guru yourself sir. Yes, you know football anyone can ascertain that. But, there is a fine line between expertise & an ivory tower mindset IMO. You are entitled to your perspective & I am entitled to mine. Thank you.

I find this thoughtful analysis interesting. And funny. I see where you are coming from for the most part. They very well might have been the worst playoff team ever!

However...

It was a fluke they went to the 2nd round of the playoffs—they did back into the playoffs, but it wasn't a fluke that they won 8 games. They still play in the same division that allowed them to go to the playoffs. And I don't think the team was hyped at all. It was all about Tebow. I was amazed how much coverage he was getting for his mostly horrible QBing. I think they won despite of him, not because of him, as the media was generally portraying. If Peyton is healthy, I hope you'll see Denver has some good players in skill positions. They didn't get to showcase their ability much because Tebow just couldn't throw. Of course I could be totally wrong, but that's what I believe at the moment anyway.

The Broncos is only betting $18 mil. If Peyton works out, great. If not, it was a great reason to get rid of Tebow and his crazy fundamentalist fans. A lot of the Tebow fans were not Denver fans. I am sure Elway will take some heat should Peyton experiment fail, but not from this fan. It is a gamble worth taking. More drama to come one way or another...

so if told you i was a 600 pound gorilla would you respect me at my word? look peyton and doctors can say what they want, but i have my own opinions until there proven wrong. if peyton lights up the nfl like he used to ill be the first to admit i was wrong

Exactly

BTW How much do you spend monthly on bananas?

How people forget, huh?

This is what I was trying to say but I couldn't think of how to say them.

I find this thoughtful analysis interesting. And funny. I see where you are coming from for the most part. They very well might have been the worst playoff team ever!

However...

It was a fluke they went to the 2nd round of the playoffs—they did back into the playoffs, but it wasn't a fluke that they won 8 games. They still play in the same division that allowed them to go to the playoffs. And I don't think the team was hyped at all. It was all about Tebow. I was amazed how much coverage he was getting for his mostly horrible QBing. I think they won despite of him, not because of him, as the media was generally portraying. If Peyton is healthy, I hope you'll see Denver has some good players in skill positions. They didn't get to showcase their ability much because Tebow just couldn't throw. Of course I could be totally wrong, but that's what I believe at the moment anyway.

The Broncos is only betting $18 mil. If Peyton works out, great. If not, it was a great reason to get rid of Tebow and his crazy fundamentalist fans. A lot of the Tebow fans were not Denver fans. I am sure Elway will take some heat should Peyton experiment fail, but not from this fan. It is a gamble worth taking. More drama to come one way or another...

Who knows. The Broncos can win the division again and make noise. I don't know. I always say the West is an enigma to me over the years.

Last years Broncos were also the "worst to first." Since 2002 a team who finished last in their division in the previous season has won the division. History shows it happens this year with a bottom feeder again. Could it even be the Colts? Most say no. Chiefs seem like a logical choice. The rest I won't get into since it's a different topic.

I think the Broncos have some talent. Many flipped a bit when Manning chose them over SF. I don't blame them. SF seems SB ready with a better offense. IMO SF had the best D and special teams maybe in the entire league last year.

Manning chose Denver though. There has to be something he likes. He probably thinks they have mad potential. My initial guess was he bonded with Elway first over anyone from any other team.

I was a tad suprised initially though. I thought all indications initially were that Elway was going to stick with Tebow after the playoff win and try to groom him. Perhaps I am right though and he also believed last years Broncos were a fluke with him that would not repeat? He knew he had to try to improve at QB. In order to release Tebow he needed a bigger legend.....and one fell into his lap.

Maybe it all worked out for the best. Denver got their guy. We got our guy to groom for the future too. And Denver also drafted a guy in the second round for the future. The time is now for Denver.....so let us not kid ourselves, expectations are going to be high. There is a window of a few years right now. Luckily the AFC seems more "open" then the NFC until proven otherwise.

That is true. I have to think just having Peyton in the division alone might raise the games of the other teams. Who knows right? It might be a fun division to watch. The West has often been an enigma to me. I could see Mr. Rivers raising him game though.

You're not the only one Jules. The AFC West is a mystery to everybody. It a magic show & disappearing act to all who tries to dissect it. Rivers has got to make a push now or his Hall of Fame Lombardi aspirations are dead in the water.

I don't know. I would guess they hope to win the division and take it from there in the playoffs. I am a little suprised though by their draft. I expected more "win now" moves then what they did. Unless I am underestimating their potential already.

But, in this league teams go up and down so often and the West never seems to have a ton of consistency lately.

You can say that again. The Chiefs have a backup QB at best in Matt Cassel. The Raiders shot themselves in the foot with endless memory lapses & penalties. The Chargers loss of their RB Darren Sprioles was heavily missed not to mention losing WR Jackson to Tampa Bay in free agency. It's Superbowl or bust for the Super Chargers. Denver is inserting a whole new offense & Manning's health & productivity this season remains in flux. The AFC West is there for the taking whoever has the _________ to take it by force.

TBH when we speak of the second ring I always think back to the Saints SB. It was there. It is not all on Peyton. The entire team and the coaching staff......they did not deliver.

But, the second ring was THERE. For many of them. Peyton/Jeff/Reggie/Freeney/Mathis......it was there. And for Adam.....a 5th.

That Saints SB was so winnable.

If all these guy never get another then that might always haunt them. And I guess if you are NE you were that close to beating the Giants TWICE that it might haunt you even more.

A few bounces of the ball is sometimes all it takes to be a champion or going home. Last years Broncos were certainly decent at times but the ball bounced their way more times then not. Will the breaks be there for them this season too?

It all came down to the onside kick we failed to recover. Catch that ball & there is no momentum swing for the Saints IMO. That & Dwight Freeney's ankle sat idle to long at halftime. He was useless as a pass rusher by the 3rd quarter which took a ton of pressure off QB Drew Brees.

When the Colts finally won it all in 2006 it was like the breaks were finally going OUR way in the playoffs. Just for one season. While other teams and QBs get them it seems more often. Even Peyton's little brother.

I have wanted more good fortune for many years on this team in the biggest moments like some other teams seem to get. Is that why we got a QB named LUCK. ;)

Chance ball bounces in the Playoffs would be a nice reversal of fortunate for our squad. I'll take all the LUCK I can get these days Jules. haha:thmup:

and u forgot everything Peyton did for you. Glad I'm not this type of fan lol.

Peyton still the best QB in the league. I can care less how many years he missed. lmao

this has nothing to do with now. im glad peyton was our qb and what he did for the colts, but thats the past and im looking at this from facts not just that hes peyton manning

It's all about pressure, intensity, & how players & coaches respond to it.

With regard to the Chargers it is about competence. Their Head Coach is not Head Coaching material. And their GM hired him in order to have a lapdog coach. Spanos should've pulled the trigger but he hesitated. His loss.

Frankly Mr. Casserly, I could care less if....

Hahaha whatever.

Yeah, but don't forget Peyton has been itching to play football for more than a year now. He has his own example to make.

I have never doubted Peyton Manning's intellect, experience, & work ethic. If anybody can prove the naysayers wrong #18 can. I expect Peyton to flourish eventually, just not immediately. If Yoda proves me wrong ahead of schedule, fantastic!!! Just don't place the cart before the horse just quite yet okay. Don't tell me, show me Peyton. Thank you.

The question is how well his body will respond to the rigors of regular season hits & punishment & whether or not team chemistry can gel this season with players on both sides of the ball in Denver who are unselfish & don't care who receives personal recognition & accolades for each game day victory. That reality leads to Championship football in my estimation along with some lucky ball bounces & zebra calls going your franchise's way too.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 11, 2012 - pesonal shot
Hidden by Nadine, May 11, 2012 - pesonal shot

With regard to the Chargers it is about competence. Their Head Coach is not Head Coaching material. And their GM hired him in order to have a lapdog coach. Spanos should've pulled the trigger but he hesitated. His loss.

Hahaha whatever.

Ah yes, more Brian Casserly football guru brilliance dropped at my feet no doubt. It is such a privilege to bask in the glow of such genius after all. Surely, Coach Bill Belicheck, Mike Shanahan, & Chargers front office manangement must have your cell number & email address on speed dial for organizational guidance & advice I presume... :sarcasm:

and u forgot everything Peyton did for you. Glad I'm not this type of fan lol.

Peyton still the best QB in the league. I can care less how many years he missed. lmao

I have no idea why people feel many of us feel this way. It seems to be a select group here who believe this. I and most are more then grateful for what Manning did here and his time here. I am also glad we got him in his prime.....he was brilliant. I am not sure he will ever be what he once was but I am thankful we got to see the very best of him in a Colts uniform.

We all are fond of Manning and what he did here. But, not all of us are going to root for Denver. He is in a different uniform now. Many of us root for the laundry not the players. Sounds harsh but my heart is not with Manning.....it is with the Colts. The part of Peyton that IS in my heart and that will always be there is with him in a Colts uniform. NOT in a Broncos uniform.

Thats just me though.

Luck is our QB now and I hope he becomes the best he can be and so does this team.

I wish Manning the best of luck though, especially in health. I hope it ends well for him health wise no matter what happens with the Broncos. He deserves at least that chance to stay healthy and have another shot.

I have never doubted Peyton Manning's intellect, experience, & work ethic. If anybody can prove the naysayers wrong #18 can. I expect Peyton to flourish eventually, just not immediately. If Yoda proves me wrong ahead of schedule, fantastic!!! Just don't place the cart before the horse just quite yet okay. Don't tell me, show me Peyton. Thank you.

The question is how well his body will respond to the rigors of regular season hits & punishment & whether or not team chemistry can gel this season with players on both sides of the ball in Denver who are unselfish & don't care who receives personal recognition & accolades for each game day victory. That reality leads to Championship football in my estimation along with some lucky ball bounces & zebra calls going your franchise's way too.

I won't lie. I have been a bit concerned since I first found out about the neck. My father got nailed playing football young and has suffered from occasional numbness in his hand and arm. He is 67 and got hurt at 17. He is not crippled or anything dramatic like that but he never fully regained full strength in his neck despite having it fixed. Always had to have work done. He will always suffer from pinched nerve issues and it gets worse as you age. He gets treated regularly and is fine but was not allowed to serve in the army after having this done or play college football either.

I don't take neck injuries lightly and never will.

My worst fear is seeing Peyton getting nailed and staying on the ground, I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 11, 2012 - response to a deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, May 11, 2012 - response to a deleted post
Ah yes, more Brian Casserly football guru brilliance dropped at my feet no doubt. It is such a privilege to bask in the glow of such genius after all. Surely, Coach Bill Belicheck, Mike Shanahan, & Chargers front office manangement must have your cell number & email address on speed dial for organizational guidance & advice I presume...

smh

I think Rivers might come back strong this season. What was wrong with him last year I don't know. He had a few great games near the end but really was terrible quite often. He is far too talented a QB to play as badly as he had at times.

And we can pick on Norv and their front office all we want. That team until proven otherwise has OWNED Manning. And the Colts. They have owned us.

Until proven otherwise.

I won't lie. I have been a bit concerned since I first found out about the neck. My father got nailed playing football young and has suffered from occasional numbness in his hand and arm. He is 67 and got hurt at 17. He is not crippled or anything dramatic like that but he never fully regained full strength in his neck despite having it fixed. Always had to have work done.

He will always suffer from pinched nerve issues and it gets worse as you age. He gets treated regularly and is fine but was not allowed to serve in the army after having this done or play college football either.

I don't take neck injuries lightly and never will.

My worst fear is seeing Peyton getting nailed and staying on the ground, I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Jules, so sorry to hear about your father's football playing injuries as well as the physical & mental pain he continues to endure to this day tragically. There is no legitimate treatment to completely alleviate a patient's pinched nerve as a result of severe neck trauma either as you well know.

The hardest part is remembering your dad as strong, vital, & invincible & then 1 day all that changes in an instant & chronic pain as you stated steadily increases over time & you never want to see a loved one in pain & agony I get it. Again, my sincerest condolences Jules. My own father became permanently disabled as a result of an work related accident with severe shoulder, nerve, & broken vertebrae damage so I have a good idea of what nerve damage can do to a person as well.

You are 100% correct Jules neck procedures/injuries are not to be dismissed or taken for granted ever. That's my hidden fear too. 1 hit in just the right spot & you drop to the ground like a wet noodle wondering what the quality of the remainder of your life will actually be. I know this 1st hand. I was born disabled & my father later became disabled right after his broadside collision will a fully loaded dump truck driver who wasn't observing the rules of the road.

Being partially or fully paralyzed on the field is no laughing matter for anyone as you so eloquently state Jules. A lifeless Manning body is not something I ever wanna see in my lifetime either.

I think Rivers might come back strong this season. What was wrong with him last year I don't know. He had a few great games near the end but really was terrible quite often. He is far too talented a QB to play as badly as he had at times.

And we can pick on Norv and their front office all we want. That team until proven otherwise has OWNED Manning. And the Colts. They have owned us.

Until proven otherwise.

Bingo Jules!!! The Chargers have always had the Colts number & Philip Rivers is never to be under estimated. [Oh, Mr. Brian Casserly, I seem to recall Norv Turner winning a Superbowl with Dallas too. Turner's skills as an offensive coordinator are pretty solid IMO as well. Trivialize Turner's play calling abilities at your own peril.]

Also in 2006, the Patriots & Tom Brady really struggled against Rivers & the Chargers to get to the AFC Championship Game. If the lightning bolts had beaten New England, our Colts would not have played in the SB 41 IMO.

Jules, so sorry to hear about your father's football playing injuries as well as the physical & mental pain he continues to endure to this day tragically. There is no legitimate treatment to completely alleviate a patient's pinched nerve as a result of severe neck trauma either as you well know.

The hardest part is remembering your dad as strong, vital, & invincible & then 1 day all that changes in an instant & chronic pain as you stated steadily increases over time & you never want to see a loved one in pain & agony I get it. Again, my sincerest condolences Jules. My own father became permanently disabled as a result of an work related accident with severe shoulder, nerve, & broken vertebrae damage so I have a good idea of what nerve damage can do to a person as well.

You are 100% correct Jules neck procedures/injuries are not to be dismissed or taken for granted ever. That's my hidden fear too. 1 hit in just the right spot & you drop to the ground like a wet noodle wondering what the quality of the remainder of your life will actually be. I know this 1st hand. I was born disabled & my father later became disabled right after his broadside collision will a fully loaded dump truck driver who wasn't observing the rules of the road.

Being partially or fully paralyzed on the field is no laughing matter for anyone as you so eloquently state Jules. A lifeless Manning body is not something I ever wanna see in my lifetime either.

Sorry to hear about the issues you and your own family have faced. Sounds like you all have prevailed though and have done great.

Thanks for the kind comments. My father is fine. He just has a pinched nerve from age 17. He thought at the time he was paralyzed but he ended up being okay and walking a few days later. A blessing.

I just can't shake off neck injuries or surgeries. I just can't. Manning might be fine but who here won't cringe if he is taking a beating in a game? Who here thinks he can take a beating like Eli did in the NFCCG against the Niners?

That Denver o line might be the key to the whole season for them. I have no idea if Manning might be gun shy at times either. He plays some pretty good defenses, starting the year with Pittsburgh who I think might be out for blood after the embarrassing wildcard loss.

I don't know how many games Denver wins but I don't want Peyton hurt.

I also want our own rookie QB to stay healthy too but I won't be having the same fears with him as I would with Manning. Luck is a healthy 22 year old who can probably take a beating at times. I just hope it's not too many beatings his first year.

Sorry to hear about the issues you and your own family have faced. Sounds like you all have prevailed though and have done great.

I appreciate your kind words on my behalf as well Jules. To you the truth, it was a more difficult transition from fully mobile to permanently disabled for my dad vs. me since he had a frame of reference regarding walking, lifting, & running & now had to undergo therapy to relearn these common tasks. I, myself, was born with Cerebral Palsy, which in my case, affects my legs & lower body requiring the use of forearm crutches to move & the use of hand controls in order to drive a car. I would elaborate, but I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable with details that might seem overwhelming & a burden to some individuals. We are friends & if you would like more information about my background, please just send me an email anytime Jules to my Colts Forum account on here okay.

Thanks for the kind comments. My father is fine. He just has a pinched nerve from age 17. He thought at the time he was paralyzed but he ended up being okay and walking a few days later. A blessing.

That is wonderful news about your father Jules. I'm sure everyone in your family was relieved to know that your dad could walk a few days later. A true blessing indeed.

I just can't shake off neck injuries or surgeries. I just can't. Manning might be fine but who here won't cringe if he is taking a beating in a game? Who here thinks he can take a beating like Eli did in the NFCCG against the Niners?

Your concern is a well founded 1 Jules. If Peyton takes a beating like his brother Eli did against their 49er defense, or the Steelers, or the Ravens...it makes me cringe at the thought of complete paralysis too for Peyton & his family too. Yes, no NFL athlete can live in fear, but it only takes 1 blindside collision in the right spot & boom your life is forever altered.

That Denver o line might be the key to the whole season for them. I have no idea if Manning might be gun shy at times either. He plays some pretty good defenses, starting the year with Pittsburgh who I think might be out for blood after the embarrassing wildcard loss.

Yup, anytime the Steelers or Ravens come to town black & blue pain will ensue along with ice packs, treatment, & recovery time for all players the following day. O-line protection & gap control are essential for #18's success & overall peace of mind.

I don't know how many games Denver wins but I don't want Peyton hurt.

I hear Jules. Yoda, the line of scrimmage master, must be shielded from bodily harm at all costs if possible. This season will be slow & steady, but next year Yoda will set the NFL record books on fire again. I can feel it down to my bones. Peyton must regain his confidence this year with small baby steps of NFL goals IMO.

I also want our own rookie QB to stay healthy too but I won't be having the same fears with him as I would with Manning. Luck is a healthy 22 year old who can probably take a beating at times. I just hope it's not too many beatings his first year.

I also am concerned about our o-line protection for Luck. I'd feel much better about this if Jeff Saturday was still in INDY myself. The other thing I worry about is relentless pass rush against Luck. Remember QB David Carr drafted by the Texans? Pass rush made him shell shocked & fearful considering all the sacks he took his first few years in Houston. No encore performance for Luck please Coach Pagano & OC Bruce Ariens. Thank you.

I always enjoy debating & listening to your words of wisdom Jules. You are 1 of my favorite Forum bloggers to read. Thank you.

Peyton missed the entire off-season last time. He was off because he didn't have the repetition going in like every year. He has the entire off-season this time.

A season doesn't depend on what you did last year.

Ha, that's laughable. No player is going to go into a game and say, "it's only playing Peyton Manning."

Oh crap did someone say Peyton Manning...that scared the bjesus out of me...heck it worked against me and I'm rooting for the guy.

It's actually really simple, both teams just got a HOF QB, one proven one not, one team was a medeocre team, the other the worst team in the league, so it's the broncos.

Wait, wait a minute how can a unproven rookie be a HOFer???

Overwhelmingly the Broncos.

With that said, I don't think the colts were the worst in the league last year, but their record designated them that. And if the broncos had an actual QB last year they would have done much better.

Peyton is, "who we thought he was" has FJC puts it "Peyton freakin Manning" the dude is a workaolic, failure isn't in his vocab. Preasom games to gel and work off the rust. Broncos 13-3

Colts however, going through a transition period, new everything pretty much. But does better then a lot of people anticipate. Luck tries to do to much becomes prone to throwing int(as Peyton did his rookie year), oline gets owned. Colts 6-10.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, May 11, 2012 - Inflamatory
Hidden by Coltssouth, May 11, 2012 - Inflamatory

Peyton Manning sucks..... He will not bring the Broncos to glory. Has everyone here already forgotten how horrible he is in the playoffs? Why does everyone think that Denver is the answer to that? How long did it take for Manning to be dead on with receivers in Indy so that both the WR and QB were perfectly in sync.

The Broncos can fall into what everyone else has been saying about us for the last decade which is that we are great during the regular season but fail in the playoffs, and before everyone touts the SB win, lets not forget we were losing to Rex Grossman at half time.