Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In 2012, Who Will Have The Better Record?

Dtman513

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering this today, and it could be an interesting story this season....

Who will have the better record?

Manning's Broncos?

or

Luck's Colts?

Thats easy, the Broncos, Manning has a good offensive line around him....we arent sure what we got their especially at Guard, a decent tight end that he is familiar with...not great but decent wide receivers that he should make better and on the opposite side of the ball, last I checked Champ Bailey is still a top tier Corner whos go shutdown capabilities a premier linebacker DJ Williams and Von Miller at linebacker, they have more talent over all at this point

Thats easy, the Broncos, Manning has a good offensive line around him....we arent sure what we got their especially at Guard, a decent tight end that he is familiar with...not great but decent wide receivers that he should make better and on the opposite side of the ball, last I checked Champ Bailey is still a top tier Corner whos go shutdown capabilities a premier linebacker DJ Williams and Von Miller at linebacker, they have more talent over all at this point

you seem to forget they have one of the toughest schedule's this year, peyton hasnt played in over a year, and the struggles peyton has in beating the chargers and playing against romeo crennel. 8-8

While I like to think P-Money is gonna pull off some pretty sweet wins, the Broncos have a pretty tough schedule and play in a pretty contested division with some teams Peyton hasn't exactly beaten with ease. Though I'm gonna give the Broncos the benefit of the doubt. They'd probably beat us if we played them, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say we may end up having a similar record. (but again, I'm gonna say most likely not.)

you seem to forget they have one of the toughest schedule's this year, peyton hasnt played in over a year, and the struggles peyton has in beating the chargers and playing against romeo crennel. 8-8

8-8 or 7-9 is were looking at it realistically is very likely a better record then the Colts will have, Im not sure that offensive line will protect Luck and dont even get me started on the defensive side of the ball

You seem to forget how good Peyton Manning is. The Broncos are a much more complete team than Manning has been on in years.

if Manning is in fact 100% by the time week one rolls around and if he stays healthy I expect the Broncos to play motivated football simply do to the fact that they have a future hall of famer at quarterback if he is healthy by then he will get the best out of his guys, look what he did with our former players while he was here

8-8 or 7-9 is were looking at it realistically is very likely a better record then the Colts will have, Im not sure that offensive line will protect Luck and dont even get me started on the defensive side of the ball

our o-line and d cant be worst then last year. atleast this year we have pieces to fit to our new schemes

our o-line and d cant be worst then last year. atleast this year we have pieces to fit to our new schemes

Im not convinced Freeney and Mathis fit, they never played in a 3-4 before, Mike Mcglynn looks like he was benched a time or two with the Eagles, looks like Olsen was benched at least once as well

Im not convinced Freeney and Mathis fit, they never played in a 3-4 before, Mike Mcglynn looks like he was benched a time or two with the Eagles, looks like Olsen was benched at least once as well

i have reitz starting not mcglynn

I'll respond with the same post:

this isnt the peyton of old. peyton is not god. you cant just come back from year off and still be the same player and dont use tom brady as an example because that was his knee. this was nerve surgery to his neck. there was way too many question marks. your letting the fact that hes peyton manning cloud your judgement.

this isnt the peyton of old. peyton is not god. you cant just come back from year off and still be the same player and dont use tom brady as an example because that was his knee. this was nerve surgery to his neck. there was way too many question marks. your letting the fact that hes peyton manning cloud your judgement.

So, did the Broncos. Something tells me they didn't pay Peyton all that money to be anything less than Peyton Manning and I don't expect him to be anything less.

He might have issues that have hampered him since 2006, finally repaired or corrected and he might actually be better than he was over the past 5 years.

I think he's been 100% for a few months at this point. I doubt he ever admits it, but you don't have teams going after him the way they did without him being Peyton Freaking Manning.

A couple of things to mention:

1. The Broncos made it to the play-offs with Tebow.

2. They have now added arguably the best QB to ever play, definitely top 5 QB to ever play.

3. The colts were consistently a 10+ win team with Manning.

4. We were 2-14 last year without Manning.

If a team was good enough to make it to the playoffs without Manning, they will be much better with Manning. We should now this by now, we are a 2 win team without him. Luck and the added pieces will make us a much improved team from last year, but I expect the Broncos with Manning to be like the Colts used to be, but with better defense.

The Broncos, hands down. Peyton will make stars out of Decker and Thomas. The defense won a lot of games last year too. Figuring out the tough schedule, I would say the Broncos goes 10-6 and win the weak division. I would be surprised if the Colts win more than 6 games.

He might have issues that have hampered him since 2006, finally repaired or corrected and he might actually be better than he was over the past 5 years.

I think he's been 100% for a few months at this point. I doubt he ever admits it, but you don't have teams going after him the way they did without him being Peyton Freaking Manning.

So, did the Broncos. Something tells me they didn't pay Peyton all that money to be anything less than Peyton Manning and I don't expect him to be anything less.

i guess we'll find out.

Im not understanding the logic behind the he hasn't played in over a year. So what. Its the offseason and every player is going to be rusty the first practice, training camp, preseason game etc.

every player isnt coming back for nerve surgery and missed an entire year and then some

missed an entire year and then some

Once again it is the offseason. Missing one year to me doesn't mean anything because if you're trying to use the he will be cold and rusty argument doesn't fly by me. Every other player won't be hot to start off with.

However the neck thing, should be healed and ready for impact. Doctors have cleared him and Manning said he will play at HOF level. Now I'm not a doctor or ever care to be one or Peyton Manning but I have to take their words and respect them.

Once again it is the offseason. Missing one year to me doesn't mean anything because if you're trying to use the he will be cold and rusty argument doesn't fly by me. Every other player won't be hot to start off with.

However the neck thing, should be healed and ready for impact. Doctors have cleared him and Manning said he will play at HOF level. Now I'm not a doctor or ever care to be one or Peyton Manning but I have to take their words and respect them.

so if told you i was a 600 pound gorilla would you respect me at my word? look peyton and doctors can say what they want, but i have my own opinions until there proven wrong. if peyton lights up the nfl like he used to ill be the first to admit i was wrong

There are always those with negative attitudes, or think "I'm right no matter what. Who cares what some doctors, trainers or Peyton himself say's, I know I'm right."

With that being said, it depends on how well both teams start the season. If Manning can figure out how to stop RC and the Chargers, that's 6 wins guaranteed. I think Manning at not even 70% is better than most QB's in the league, especially in the West.

I don't picture Manning and the Broncos having a 12+ win season, but I do expect them to make the playoffs.

The Colts, I see 8+ being optimistic. I'd love to say we will get 10+, but unless this O and D just clicks and flows smoothly, we'll be in the playoffs MAYBE as a wild card at best.

Again, just being optimistic.

Can't believe this is a serious question. The Broncos are a borderline playoff team with a gimpy Peyton or a Super Bowl contender with a healthy Peyton. The Colts have a rookie quarterback in Luck who will take his lumps as they all must do before hopefully achieving greatness. Colts will do well to win 5 or 6 games this year.

im one of the few people to think the broncos will finish 7-9 while the colts go 9-7. manning has always had trouble playing vs the chargers and the chiefs,raiders have solid defenses. the colts are in maybe the easiest division in the nfl so by default were gonna get easy wins. the only guaranteed losses the colts will face is packers,patriots,lions,and texans away. every other game the colts play could go either way but the broncos road is much tougher. i think the broncos will loose to chargers 2x,saints,steerlers,patriots,bengals,texans,raiders,ravens, and finish 7-9.

I can't believe this question was even asked. Hmm a team that made the playoffs with a RB for a QB last year, who now has a elite QB taking the reins, or a team that had the worst record in the league and should have played a RB at QB.

I'll take the Broncos this year and maybe even the next, after that my money will ride on Luck and the rest of the guys that play for the team I love!

I can't believe this question was even asked. Hmm a team that made the playoffs with a RB for a QB last year, who now has a elite QB taking the reins, or a team that had the worst record in the league and should have played a RB at QB.

I'll take the Broncos this year and maybe even the next, after that my money will ride on Luck and the rest of the guys that play for the team I love!

You know...I actually think Peyton's best shot at another ring could very well be next year as opposed to this year. He gets a year under his belt to get back into the swing of things and to overcome any lingering doubts he might harbor about his neck and arm strength; learns the Bronco offense forwards and backwards; and the team augments itself with more talent during the offseason to address concerns. After that it will be year 3 of the Luck era rebuild and "the Monster" will be ready to wreck havoc on the league right as Peyton's sun starts to set.

No one ever claimed Peyton was God in a helmet & cleats. The question mark you refer to is not his neck, but rather finger & grip sensation in his arm in my judgement. Peyton cannot win games alone & he won't have to with a good offensive line, a reliable ground game, & 2 solid pass rushers in Denver. Yoda will always be a zen master at the line of scrimmage too. No distorted imagery here just experience, precision accuracy, & a lightning fast release that will always slow down blitz packages any given Sunday coltsrule91.

No one ever claimed Peyton was God in a helmet & cleats. The question mark you refer to is not his neck, but rather finger & grip sensation in his arm in my judgement. Peyton cannot win games alone & he won't have to with a good offensive line, a reliable ground game, & 2 solid pass rushers in Denver. Yoda will always be a zen master at the line of scrimmage too. No distorted imagery here just experience, precision accuracy, & a lightning fast release that will always slow down blitz packages any given Sunday coltsrule91.

you wanna believe everything is fine and peyton will still be peyton fine thats your opinion.

Had this same question been asked with Manning still playing for the Colts this season, all of the posters who are saying the Broncos will suck or Manning won't be the same would be declaring another 12-4 or 13-3 season. Too many people seem to have forgotten the fear that the name Manning invokes in defenses. Neck injury or not, he is still one of the best players in the National Football League, and has gone to a very decent, if not good, team.

you wanna believe everything is fine and peyton will still be peyton fine thats your opinion.

Exactly, what empirical evidence are you basing your sweeping generalization on that Peyton Manning supporters are somehow misguided or delusional coltsrule91? You didn't state it directly, but you certainly inferred it.

Just because the Colts are my #1 football team doesn't mean I am going to throw Peyton out with the bathwater sir. You can run from me if you want to, but you can't hide.

Exactly, what empirical evidence are you basing your sweeping generalization on that Peyton Manning supporters are somehow misguided or delusional coltsrule91? You didn't state it directly, but you certainly inferred it.

Just because the Colts are my #1 football team doesn't mean I am going to throw Peyton out with the bathwater sir. You can run from me if you want to, but you can't hide.

not hiding. its unrealistic to think that peyton can just pick up where he started. everyone thinking the broncos are automatically super bowl contenders because of peyton is insane. their defense is good, they have weapons on offense fine i get that, but no one wants to account for the schedule, the fact that peyton has had trouble with the the chargers and romeo creenel or even if peyton can still play at a high level.