Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am starting to lean towards AR is a bust but I am not jumping on playing Flacco.  He doesn’t help this team get where they ultimately want to be.  He’s a band aide who might get you to playoffs but that’s it and then you are left with a glaring wound with no way to repair it.

Exactly this. We have been in NFL purgatory long enough. Ride it out with AR. Either he figures it out, or he puts us in a position to draft his replacement. If that happens while he is under his rookie contract, I say try him out at TE. 

Just now, JediXMan said:

Halftime show guys said AR needs to use his legs more.

Problem is if he run he might get injured haha so either we protect him and make a passing QB. I dont understand AR compared himself better than Lamar yet I dont see him run much its either coach or afraid of injury

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Halftime show guys said AR needs to use his legs more.

They are right.  Don’t get me wrong AR isn’t cutting it but the coaches aren’t helping him.  You didn’t draft CJ Stroud.  You drafted AR whose strength is moving around you have to use it.  Yes be smart about it but you can’t take it out of him.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

Its really not 13 percent completion and sub 50 percent completion on the year ....   3 touchdowns to 7 picks and he averages around 130 yards passing a game .  

But he is not fully to blame for the 13% throwing percentage. I know folks want to find stats to confirm their narrative. If the receivers had caught the passes, would you have posted his throwing percentage? I saw Curtis Painter. There is no way that AR is worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NFLfan said:

But he is not fully to blame for the 13% throwing percentage. I know folks want to find stats to confirm their narrative. If the receivers had caught the passes, would you have posted his throwing percentage? I saw Curtis Painter. There is no way that AR is worse.

It’s not even WR. We have two play calls in the book. Run up gut chuck it deep. That’s it

• Like 1

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Sure.  Who were you signing for him to learn behind?

I'm not drafting Richardson, period, but if someone did, it should have been as a mid-round project.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Bigger question where is Josh downs 

He’s pretty much been the Colts offense to this point today but teams have figured out he’s the go to guy and they are taking him away.  That’s what got AR in trouble on that last throw he tried to force it to Downs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TigerColt said:

Need to run design runs for Richardson. That is his strength. 
Get some first downs and take the deep shots when they creep up to stop the run. If he get hurt , that’s football and play Flacco 

My thought exactly. I would love to have in depth conversation with him & hear what the heck he is thinking. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

It's the 2nd worst half by a qb since the year I was born. 

He absolutely is to blame for his completion percentage. Hes made a screen pass and a blown coverage long bomb. 

Hes also had a ton of passes deflected. That's not on WRs. 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Shane wanted him too. That’s partly why he was hired imo

idc if shane wanted squidward at QB. it's ballards team. 

if AR is a bust, ballard deserves to be fired

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

idc if shane wanted squidward at QB. it's ballards team. 

if AR is a bust, ballard deserves to be fired

I really wish demotions were a thing in the NFL. I would love to keep Ballard as a scout and talent recruiter. But I would like to have somebody above him who makes decisions regarding free agency.

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I really wish demotions were a thing in the NFL. I would love to keep Ballard as a scout and talent recruiter. But I would like to have somebody above him who makes decisions regarding free agency.

O-line and LBers.

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

He literally gifted the other team 7 with that throw. Make the completion. Throw it away, check it down. Shane did not call for him to throw a pick. Stop defending garbage play by blaming the call. Bad call, absolutely the worst throw I’ve seen in years.

I never once defended his play. The pass was bad. And it should have never happened… this game should be 10-10 with adjustments made at half to take the lead here coming out. Shane’s been horrible with game and clock management  this season. That has nothing to do with AR’s play.