Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hate to rain on your parade but ....Titans D is one of the best in the league and they had 2 weeks to prepare.

Did u see the offences the Titans faced in the 1st 4 weeks of the season? Don't get to hung up on stats this early in the season. Let it play out, and around week 10, the legit teams will unvail themselves.

I think Downs is the best receiver on the team. 

Richardson should stay on the bench even when he’s healthy. In football, you always roll with the hot hand.

Bradley still needs to go. A TD on 3rd and 19 because he put no one in the box and again played everyone back is inexcusable. Thats the 3rd or 4th 3rd and long play he’s let get converted this season.

Jaylon Jones is not a starting NFL corner. He got away with a big hold today, but he has zero ability in man coverage and is way too grabby. Great CB3/4 though.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Downs is the best receiver on the team. 

Richardson should stay on the bench even when he’s healthy. In football, you always roll with the hot hand.

Bradley still needs to go. A TD on 3rd and 19 because he put no one in the box and again played everyone back is inexcusable. Thats the 3rd or 4th 3rd and long play he’s let get converted this season.

Jaylon Jones is not a starting NFL corner. He got away with a big hold today, but he has zero ability in man coverage and is way too grabby. Great CB3/4 though.

No one could have watched that today and thought it was good. Do you like bring one dimensional? 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Still waiting for you to explain how this offense is worse under Flacco. 

We were limited and everyone seems to see it but a couple people on this board. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No one could have watched that today and thought it was good. Do you like bring one dimensional? 

We were limited and everyone seems to see it but a couple people on this board. 

Yes we didn’t have our all pro RB but still have a more efficient offense than AR. My position is backed by stats. Yours is backed by emotions.

26 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

There was zero respect for the run game because our all pro RB wasn’t in there and Sermon was awful.

and he barely overthrew Pierce on a long bomb, not the same as AR overthrowing a 5 yarder by a huge margin.

Let AR sit and learn.

There’s zero respect because they run a lot of RPO’s and they know Flacco won’t keep it.  He sat last year. Having him sit this year with a team that’s maybe a wild card at best would be assinine 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Are we a Super Bowl contender at any point with Flacco? I don't get this advocating for meaningless wins when what really matters is only won with a franchise QB. We don't get any closer to that with Flacco, we do that by developing our young QB.

At no time did I suggested Flacco should be the starter.  The reality is AR can't stay on the field.  Till he does Flacco is the man. Show some respect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

There’s zero respect because the run a lot of RPO’s and they no Flacco won’t keep it.  He sat last year. Having him sit this year with a team that’s maybe a wild card at best would be assinine 

Dude cannot play the game. Every hit puts him out 2-3 weeks. They told you this in the pre draft scouting report too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

There’s zero respect because the run a lot of RPO’s and they no Flacco won’t keep it.  He sat last year. Having him sit this year with a team that’s maybe a wild card at best would be assinine 

You are aware JT isn’t playing right? You don’t think that’s a larger reason for teams playing the pass? I mean really.

And yes sitting behind a player like Flacco can help him understand better than sitting behind Minshew. They’re not the same

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The only way he is going to learn awareness is by playing.

No. He can also learn by sitting and watching. This idea you can only learn by playing is just not correct. Kids barely got a full season between him and HS

• Thanks 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

No. He can also learn by sitting and watching. This idea you can only learn by playing is just not correct. Kids barely got a full season between him and HS

That’s true to an extent.  You can learn from watching film.  

But it’s not the same as real game experience.  Every player will say that.  

Game was pretty boring until the 4th quarter, at least we got a win and back to 500.

Its hard for me to  get excited this team.  Dont like the qb situation, defense, gm and the coaching is questionable.  

We have a team that can hang around 500, i think the formula may be all wrong for competing for playoffs and SBs

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Yes we didn’t have our all pro RB but still have a more efficient offense than AR. My position is backed by stats. Yours is backed by emotions.

5.0 per passing attempt is a stat.  Not a very good one either. 

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s only because JT was out. Not having a mobile QB doesn’t automatically make you one dimensional. The Falcons look fine with Kirk Cousins. If anything Richardson makes us one dimensional because he isn’t accurate and only has a deep ball. With Flacco you have to respect the passing game.

1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

How do you learn by not playing?

Its worked for a bunch of players in the past.  Playing is getting him hurt and knocked out of half his games

Lots of players have sat and learned for a while

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That int Flacco threw was horrendous and almost cost colts the game.

The ints AR have thrown are much worse.  My goodness.    I think AR needs to play,  but you crapping on Flacco is beyond ridiculous.   Flacco has outplayed him and it isn't close.   AR is the starter when healthy, but it isn't because he is better than Flacco.  It's because he was picked 4th overall and Joe is 40

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Did u see the offences the Titans faced in the 1st 4 weeks of the season? Don't get to hung up on stats this early in the season. Let it play out, and around week 10, the legit teams will unvail themselves.

I'll trust your "expertise"....lol

2 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I’m not trolling. Flacco makes the easy completions AR doesn’t. I’m not sure we win this game if AR had played.

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

You play AR, give him the reps and hope to win more in the future. If we don't then you draft a new young player and start over.

Two different thoughts.  Saying that Flacco is a better QB right now and gives us a better chance to win right now is not the same thing as wanting AR to start for development reasons.  Both can be the correct position.

You can also see that people who say they want AR to start because he gives us the best chance of winning are just trolling those who say Flacco gives us the better chance. 

• Like 1

Getting ugly in Tennessee.

Calvin Ridley: I sucked today, but I have to get the ball earlier

Titans wide receiver Calvin Ridley was targeted eight times in Sunday’s loss to the Colts, but he didn’t have any catches and he wasn’t happy with how those targets were doled out. 

Ridley was targeted twice in the first half of the game and he didn’t help his cause by dropping passes. He was critical of himself for that, but also told reporters after the game that he wants the ball to come his way more often early in the game so that he can feel in the flow of the game. 

“I need some in the beginning of the fu$$$ing game too,” Ridley said, via Turron Davenport of ESPN.com. “This % is getting crazy. I sucked today and got to do better. But I got to get the ball a little earlier so I can be in the game and here with the team and play well also.”

Head coach Brian Callahan said in his press conference that the team can’t win without contributions from Ridley and they’re proving that point. The Titans are 1-4 and Ridley has just nine catches through five games.

People want Anthony playing because the team is boring with little to be excited about otherwise.  It takes a leap of faith to believe he will be a franchise qb imo though too

We could be on the road to nowhere with either qb

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This offense is not good with Flacco. The offense is stagnant 

Just because Flacco is basically a pocket passer which AR is a running QB does not mean this offense is stagnant.  They are averaging almost 24 points a game. That is not what you call stagnant.