Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Gay has a new injury lmao

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Will I do know Matt has missed a lot of kicks. I haven’t seen Shrader miss one yet.

Lol... because he hasn't kicked one yet. And Matt has missed 1 this season. So, like I said- we don't know that Shrader is better. I won't say he can't be, but I won't bet on it either.

I dont understand the Matt Gay hate.

Historically I believe 50 yard FGs are about a 65-67% kick.

Last year 5 of his 8 misses were from 50+.

He was 8-13 from 50+, which is about 62%. He was 25-28 on the rest of his kicks which is almost 90%. If he was battling injuries I think that would explain why he stuggled more with longer kicks.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think they  ever  got in position to kick a FG. 

Yeah I was right when I looked back we were never at point he needed to kick s FG outside extra points. 

Gosh looking back at that Texans game scoring 4 TD was really good and that missed two points was the difference.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

He was 8-13 from 50+, which is about 62%. He was 25-28 on the rest of his kicks which is almost 90%. If he was battling injuries I think that would explain why he stuggled more with longer kicks.  

Thank you.   

I’d add that I think all but 1 or 2 of his misses either hit the upright or the cross bar.  So when he missed last year, he BARELY missed.  

I am still in the wait and see camp on Gay.  I’ll agree he hasn’t lived up to his contract so far, although he hasn’t been as awful as some make him out to be either, but his contract also makes it hard to release him right now.  Also, if he’s been legit injured that could very well explain his struggles.  Just wait and see for me.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

He hasn't  been that good other than the 1 game he won last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

The Matt Gay hate is a convenient outlet for Chris Ballard hate. Which explains why it's mostly unreasonable.

However, I don't understand why they're putting him out there right now. He's evidently hurt, and he needs some time to get right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the biggest problem people have about Gay is, the amount of money we paid him. Pay a Kicker that much, you expect him to be a top 3 Kicker in the league. He is now always injured and missing kicks.

The money really isn’t an issue to me, tbh. First of all, our ultra frugal GM makes sure to leave plenty of unused cap space, so it’s not like we need that money elsewhere.  Second, with the way the cap increases every year that deal’s percentage of cap space shrinks every year, and even at its highest %, it was peanuts. 

While everyone else lost their minds about the deal being a record for a kicker that has always been a nonstarter for me, and in the grand scheme it’s not a huge deal. 

Not getting what we paid for is another story, however. 

Ballard bust again on paying kicker. We don't have a ST coach that knows and we don't have scouting team that know how to evaluate kickers. We cut Matt Prater who is top 5 and getting paid less than Gay. What a joke?  Why don't they make Adam Vinatieri a scout? Change a ST coach because he is worthless. There are better college kickers and punters than what we have. 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

The Matt Gay hate is a convenient outlet for Chris Ballard hate. Which explains why it's mostly unreasonable.

However, I don't understand why they're putting him out there right now. He's evidently hurt, and he needs some time to get right.

Didn't even take an hour for someone to come along and demonstrate what you were talking about lol

2 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Ballard bust again on paying kicker. We don't have a ST coach that knows and we don't have scouting team that know how to evaluate kickers. We cut Matt Prater who is top 5 and getting paid less than Gay. What a joke?  Why don't they make Adam Vinatieri a scout? Change a ST coach because he is worthless. There are better college kickers and punters than what we have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Based on this year the bar isn’t set all that high

his extra points seemed to clear the netting 

they were. He missed some normal range kicks in warmups, and that’s what his career looked like in college, which is why I say that. But I think he has potential to be really good.