Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Tell me again why the Colts only have 5 DBs lol.

It's because we like our guys and our young guys need to play. We haven't been able to add better or more DBs players so that we have adequate depth or meaningful competition for playing time because our young guys need to play. This way, if they struggle, our guys still play. They're not going to get injured because our young guys need to play. We like them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

My personal issue with the whole thing is not that Abraham (or even Jaylin Simpson) didn't make the team, it's more that since Ballard rarely uses FA to supplement the draft, he has to be extremely accurate in the draft. So when 3 late round draft picks are released before the season begins (two at a weak position like CB), then it hurts the Colts more than most other teams. 

We got Samuel Womack in exchange for Baker and it's probably a good move, but the reality is we lost both our CBs we drafted already, and a CB that was temporarily kept over both of them before waivers came in. That's a -2 loss on the position if we don't sign either back to the practice squad (which it doesn't look like we will). 

Again, it's more of the fact of the unnecessary pressure Ballard puts on himself in the draft combined with his personal beliefs as a GM and it makes even the simplest mistakes look like a big weakness at whatever position we happen to miss on. The secondary could easily be better than it is and it's a shame what we have going into the season right now. Maybe we sign a veteran that was released? We'll see. 

I think that is a fair assessment.  If Ballard lives/dies by the draft, and then releases late round CBs, a position we are already weak at, and THEN does not replace them with other CBs (well, we did get the SF CB, but that's only one), it makes you wonder what's going on.  I feel like we saw something similar with LT, only we got a couple of shoddy guys, and rolled with them.  Hopefully this whole thing is a moot point, but it still concerning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Might as well call up Jaylin Simpson. It's the circle of life lol.

Or make a trade. But it seems late for that. It's becoming more obvious they want to roll with Brents, Jones, and Moore and are just looking at the bottom of the room to improve. I don't know how and why they got to the conclusion that Flowers is suitable depth, but we are there... and now he's dealing with a hamstring issue. I like the Womack move replacing Baker... but I wish the same would happen with Flowers, and there was a little more certainty with the depth of the room. 9 active defensive backs makes me a bit nervous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hope he plays for them vs us,,,just saying

Just thinking the same thing haha. 

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe he is better than fans think...  JS

Maybe, it could be a scheme fit like it was for Jerry Hughes, we shall see

11 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

how are they? 

Sorry, I did not see your reply until a few minutes ago.

They are not great. Asomoah is a decent special teams player, but he and Evans have not played well on defense this preseason. PFF has graded both poorly.

Below is a article that discusses how poorly they have played. I don't believe anyone is trading for them.

https://fansided.com/posts/3-minnesota-vikings-who-made-the-53-man-roster-but-didn-t-deserve-it-01j6az1wk71m

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Titans love our sloppy seconds like a creepy stalker 😆 

I still think he had a good preseason. I won't miss him, but he's not as bad as the discourse here suggests.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I still think he had a good preseason. I won't miss him, but he's not as bad as the discourse here suggests.

I was disappointed we cut him instead of Flowers.  Dallis has lost a step, and he might need another year to fully recover.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was disappointed we cut him instead of Flowers.  Dallis has lost a step, and he might need another year to fully recover.

I would have preferred dropping Flowers also…he has (in my memory anyway) been pretty magnetized to getting more penalties than the average…always bites us in the bum.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 6:27 PM, holeymoley99 said:

They must think they also know more then our coaches who cut him...hmmm

20 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Looks like we have 1 spot left on ps,wonder if Harrison gets brought back ?

Well Uh, gee whizz, maybe they want to Know what he Knows. Pick his brain. Yip, I'm thinking so.

They are required to keep him for 3 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Well Uh, gee whizz, maybe they want to Know what he Knows. Pick his brain. Yip, I'm thinking so.

They are required to keep him for 3 games.

Not sure he would be the brain to pick honestly,

23 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Looks like we have 1 spot left on ps,wonder if Harrison gets brought back ?

Dabo can be exempt and put on International List, though if put there like last 2 seasons can not be brought off. Worth keeping an eye on because if we do not do that route like years past could mean club feels he has progressed enough to be brought up at some point. We havent heard much about him in a long time, great athlete wonder if he is finally get it mentally ?

9 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Ronnie Harrison 

There you go, good one. I don't know the Titans safety room, but Ronnie hasn't signed with anyone yet. A surprise i'm sure for those that were crying over him being on the first cut list. 

I'm always hoping for our players to ascend to the next level, but Ronnie is 27 and a known commodity, and I am only slightly surprised Ronnie is jobless. He made a few plays but was just so so. I wish him well.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Colts picked up a smallish corner named Samuel Womack from San Fran. 

Ballard says they liked him back in college.  

Added they’re always looking to upgrade if they can. 

Nice guy, i just drove him in from the airport. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Schefter reporting Leonard Fournette coming for a visit.

Hmmm....  Fournette is only 29 but hasn't played a lot the last couple of years.Is he better than Goodson at this point??  I don't think he's better than Sermon, but I know nothing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Hmmm....  Fournette is only 29 but hasn't played a lot the last couple of years.Is he better than Goodson at this point??  I don't think he's better than Sermon, but I know nothing.

Yea…. Why

35 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I’ll copy Ballard’s favorite phrase and say I really like our young RBs we currently have.

52 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Taylor is highly unlikely to be healthy for 17 games. 

Are we going to count on bringing up Hull to compliment Sermon in our short yardage situations?

I can see Steichen and Ballard being on the same page that we need to be looking hard for that complimentary powerful RB.

We have Taven Bryan, Tucker, Land or an injury to any lineman as the likely roster spots to create a place for RB4.

If we get a draft pick offer for Bryan...? 

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think it's because they're not sure about Sermon at this point.  Fournette is a power back, more like Sermon.  Goodson is more of a receiver.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think it's because they're not sure about Sermon at this point.  Fournette is a power back, more like Sermon.  Goodson is more of a receiver.

Fournette has caught a lot of balls in his career as well

• Like 1