Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think of it as stubborn.   Others think of it as being patient. 

If people are impatient after only seven years of the CB experience, that’s on them. They should try yoga. 

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think a better way to say it is to see if they want any. Their actions to this point make it seem at least possible that they will role with what they have. 

Look at you, being all grounded and making sense! 

Yeah, I have a feeling people are going to get their hopes up thinking we’ll get someone, and then be crushed just like in the free agency period. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2024 at 6:46 AM, AKB said:

coveted is probably relative... there's plenty of 3s, and a handful of 2s Sam could replace across the league. 

Sam Darnold could replace a handful of 2s across the league, but not Sam Ehlinger :) that's a very high praise for him, but I respect your opinion. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think a better way to say it is to see if they want any. Their actions to this point make it seem at least possible that they will role with what they have. 

I would believe that they are looking for a Rodney Thomas upgrade. Also a Grant Stuard upgrade. Yes he is a vg special teamer. But he is not a good LB.

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

If people are impatient after only seven years of the CB experience, that’s on them. They should try yoga. 

You understand I wasn’t talking about being patient with Ballard.   I was talking about Ballard being patient with players who are considered slow to produce.   

Big difference.   

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Can the Colts do the same but for the secondary lol.

Why does it seem the rest of the NFL are doing the Titans favors this offseason? Getting Sneed for hardly anything and now this? Can’t stand that punk team. 

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Teven Bryan sucks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Why does it seem the rest of the NFL are doing the Titans favors this offseason? Getting Sneed for hardly anything and now this? Can’t stand that punk team. 

Teven Bryan sucks. 

I wouldn’t be so sure.  Dayo and Tyquan can play 3T and we have a back-up NT.  We could cut Taven too…

13 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They plugged him in for Grover and he was manhandled at 1 tech

At 3 tech he has played MUCH better

I think that’s why Davis was brought in, to be Grover’s backup and Bryan will be Buckner’s backup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Can the Colts do the same but for the secondary lol.

When a player as good as Jones gets traded for what’s being described as “crumbs” here’s why that typically happens….

The player wants a new contract, or extension and the amount is far more than what the team is willing to pay.  

Jones plays linebacker and that appears to be the defensive version of running back — deeply devalued.   So the rams have to sell at a discount.  They’re not willing to pay up to keep him. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think that’s why Davis was brought in, to be Grover’s backup and Bryan will be Buckner’s backup.

Adetomiwa has been really good this year, though, which may make Taven expendable.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'd like to see if there is any correlation between bodies that can score a very high RAS with bodies that have less durability.  Just a raw data comparison to see if players throughout the NFL who have persistent injuries also tend to have higher RASs.

It would be interesting.

Julio Jones seems to be a great example. To be that big and move that fast with that torque on the lower legs, I feel it’s gotta take a toll on the soft tissues. Same with Megatron. By their late 20s, they always seemed banged up. 

Now there’s elite athletes all over the field. Frequently, we see players (including Day 3 picks) measure in the 95th+ percentile for Combine and pro day tests. It has sort of diluted the significance and uniqueness. But also wonder if contemporary training methods to achieve those metrics (or just overtraining) aren’t also playing a role in soft tissue injury prevalence. 

Another factor could be that the game has gotten so fast that and nutrition and training are playing catch up to maintain that level of play for taller athletes. Or maybe it never will. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When a player as good as Jones gets traded for what’s being described as “crumbs” here’s why that typically happens….

The player wants a new contract, or extension and the amount is far more than what the team is willing to pay.  

Jones plays linebacker and that appears to be the defensive version of running back — deeply devalued.   So the rams have to sell at a discount.  They’re not willing to pay up to keep him. 

I just hate that a good LBer is going to the Titans.  Hate that  them more than the other AFCS teams.

If they end up keeping Bryan and Tomi, likely Land wont make the team due to numbers

On 8/11/2024 at 6:32 PM, ADnum1 said:

Clearly Stroud is in complete command of that offense 

AR is struggling to throw a simple pass over the middle to Gransen that any 2nd or 3rd string QB could easily hit.

AR has alot of catching up to do to Stroud

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Adetomiwa has been really good this year, though, which may make Taven expendable.

Kinda interested to see how many TEs and RBs are kept, too.  Ogletree’s done nothing to make this team this year (that I’ve heard), and if Sermon is expected back soon we could probably go with only 3 RB.

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

Kinda interested to see how many TEs and RBs are kept, too.  Ogletree’s done nothing to make this team this year (that I’ve heard), and if Sermon is expected back soon we could probably go with only 3 RB.

Woods injury opened the door for both him and Mallory.