Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson wears glass

mirobi48

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Hopefully to help him see his receivers better. Dude has a lot to prove this season. Otherwise will be the bust train.

If Richardson busts Ballard needs to go. That should be his last straw imo. 

• Like 7

Looks great drive 1 then poor the rest of the game.

Let’s give him more than 4 regular season games and 4/5 preseason games to fix some things.

Just want him to gain experience and stay healthy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Hopefully to help him see his receivers better. Dude has a lot to prove this season. Otherwise will be the bust train.

The kid had less than 200 snaps in his rookie year.   If AR doesn’t prove himself to your satisfaction, he’s still a long ways from being on the “bust train”.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

It may not be known if Richardson is a bust or not for several more years.  Quarterbacks take time.  Live from Chicago didn’t show until season 4.  Jones from NYG until season 4, then he regressed in season 5.   

Cant we tap the brakes a little in this kind of talk.  It’s still the pre-season of AR’s season 2.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The kid had less than 200 snaps in his rookie year.   If AR doesn’t prove himself to your satisfaction, he’s still a long ways from being on the “bust train”.  

Hope you are right. Let's see how season goes. We all are entitled to our own opinions. Don't have to automatically fall in the company line.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, azcolt said:

I can see why they sat him most of preseason. They are working on getting a high draft pick next year to replace him. Scores 100 on athleticism. About a 50 on football IQ.

My nomination for the "Most Ridiculous Post of the Preseason."  Bless you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It may not be known if Richardson is a bust or not for several more years.  Quarterbacks take time.  Live from Chicago didn’t show until season 4.  Jones from NYG until season 4, then he regressed in season 5.   

Cant we tap the brakes a little in this kind of talk.  It’s still the pre-season of AR’s season 2.

Sorry….   Love from Green Bay and Jones from New York.    Wanted to correct that for the record.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Hope you are right. Let's see how season goes. We all are entitled to our own opinions. Don't have to automatically fall in the company line.

Im not offering the company line.  You’re free not to like him or not be optimistic.  All I’m saying is quarterbacks often take time.   

Jordan Love of Green Bay showed almost nothing for three years sitting behind Rodgers.   Then broke out last year and is a major star.   Daniel Jones struggled badly for three years, broke out in year 4 playing very well two years ago, only to play poorly last year in his year 5.   Was it the team around him, the coaching, or him, no one seems to know?   He's now on a hot seat.   

Heck, even Josh Allen didn’t break out big until his third season. 

So with so much invested in AR, all I’m saying is can’t we offer a little patience and tap the brakes on the idea of judging him after his Y2 which, in reality, is really his rookie year as he didn’t have much of one.  

Hope this is food for thought….

• Like 1

I couldn’t believe that Buffalo traded into the top 10 to get a 3rd team all-WAC QB who would never be accurate.  Year 1 I looked right.  Year 2 he was mediocre, but better than I ever thought he’d be.  And Year 3 Josh Allen was an MVP caliber QB.

• Like 1

I don’t think his eyes is the problem. I just think he has limited touch. He tends to make some catches very difficult and when Mitchell was wide open, that throw was one of the worse I have ever seen. He simply cannot play like that if we plan to win. I know he has very little experience, but if you can’t work out this technique, he will not be in the league very long. And for the record, I think Been should take over for Erlinger as 3rd string 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Archer said:

I couldn’t believe that Buffalo traded into the top 10 to get a 3rd team all-WAC QB who would never be accurate.  Year 1 I looked right.  Year 2 he was mediocre, but better than I ever thought he’d be.  And Year 3 Josh Allen was an MVP caliber QB.

What you mean players can get better?!?!?!  Some here don’t seem to realize that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I don’t think his eyes is the problem. I just think he has limited touch. He tends to make some catches very difficult and when Mitchell was wide open, that throw was one of the worse I have ever seen. He simply cannot play like that if we plan to win. I know he has very little experience, but if you can’t work out this technique, he will not be in the league very long. And for the record, I think Been should take over for Erlinger as 3rd string 

I think we could pick out at least 5 - 10 of Minshews passes last year that were worse than as you said was one of the worse you have ever seen. I thought Minshew did a good job last year for the record. My point is nothing in that game yesterday screamed panic. He needs to work on his touch a little bit yes, but it’s crazy how many of you would rather see him fail than be patient for his development. AR is only going to grow in this league, I think he has good football IQ, he just let needs time to put it all together. The guy only has 23 starts since HS. Once it all clicks for him ( hopefully ) the dude is going to be a star in the league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

On the Mitchell one, you can watch as he runs his route he begins to break it straight over to the sideline instead of at an angle like he was running it. If he continued it at an angle it wouldn’t have been an over throw and would have been in the bucket.

Someone stated that Richardson throws to spots instead of throwing to players. Manning was very much so like that and that’s why it was drilled over and over and over for his receivers to be at a certain spot when they were supposed to be. On Pittman’s drop he hesitated for a split second which would have been the difference between an easier catch and the incompletion. It’s still going to take more reps for him and his receivers to understand what they will need from each other but they will get it down. I don’t see his misses as wild inaccuracies after looking into it more. More so being on different pages with the WR’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

What you mean players can get better?!?!?!  Some here don’t seem to realize that.

They can get better overnight thanks to the edit player feature in Madden…boom right to a 99 OVR 😊 we just have to sync the players to the game via Bluetooth and all our problems will be solved…we need Elon Musk in here post haste to get this done!

2 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

They can get better overnight thanks to the edit player feature in Madden…boom right to a 99 OVR 😊 we just have to sync the players to the game via Bluetooth and all our problems will be solved…we need Elon Musk in here post haste to get this done!

😄

The word from everyone describing AR’s OTA’s and Training Camp performance has been “Uneven”. I can live with that as he learns and gets more reps. I wonder what Peyton’s first year word would have been??? We are going to live through some Highs and lows folks. I’m ready to take the ride!

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The word from everyone describing AR’s OTA’s and Training Camp performance has been “Uneven”. I can live with that as he learns and gets more reps. I wonder what Peyton’s first year word would have been??? We are going to live through some Highs and lows folks. I’m ready to take the ride!

Agree.  He was making great plays and reads in that first TD drive.  He still did well throughout the game considering the WR mistakes factored in.  He has an uncanny ability to make a throw on a dime in very quick succession starting with progressive reads, body position with great foot placement, and then unloading the cannon or gearing it down.  Steichen did not unleash AR's beast-mode and with all the tools the coach has to work with now, the playbook will be exciting.  I realize it wasn't their 1st string defense but you can only play who lines up. And as far as glasses, 75% of the world's adult population wears vision correction, he's in good company.

11 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Agree.  He was making great plays and reads in that first TD drive.  He still did well throughout the game considering the WR mistakes factored in.  He has an uncanny ability to make a throw on a dime in very quick succession starting with progressive reads, body position with great foot placement, and then unloading the cannon or gearing it down.  Steichen did not unleash AR's beast-mode and with all the tools the coach has to work with now, the playbook will be exciting.  I realize it wasn't their 1st string defense but you can only play who lines up. And as far as glasses, 75% of the world's adult population wears vision correction, he's in good company.

i dont know are there any other nfl qbs who wear glasses or contacts?

17 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Peyton was a pick machine his first couple years. Luck threw a ton of pics as well.

On 8/22/2024 at 9:13 PM, BProland85 said:

So the remainder of the roster is meaningless? Also, one year does not make a pro player with next to zero college experience.

• Like 1