Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best NFL Player From Your State

RollerColt

NFL+ had an article today on the best players born in each state (couldn’t read it as I’ve been cutting a lot of costs lately). But it did get me thinking:

I’m not a Steelers fan at all, those of you who know me already know this. But I’d have to say Rod Woodson is the greatest born and raised Hoosier (born in Fort Wayne) to play the game. One of the greatest corners ever, still has records for fumble recoveries (32) and interceptions returned for a TD (12). 

11 pro bowls. NFL Defensive POY (1993). Tied with Charles Woodson and Darren Sharper for most total defensive TDs (13). Super Bowl champion with the Ravens. 

I’d say that’s enough to put him as the best player from Indiana. 

Who’s the best from your state?

• Like 3

Well let’s see it would probably have to be Dwight Freeny and what do you know, he just so happens to have been a Colt for the bulk of his career. I’m from Connecticut btw!

noteable mentions 

Byron Jones - CB 

Terrance Knighton - DT

Jason Pinnock - Current safety for the Giants.

Andrew Pinnock - FB and also Jason Pinnock father.

Aaron Hernandez - controversial one here obviously.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Believe blue1306 said:

I’m from Iowa so I’ll have to say my 2 boys Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. Though I don’t think Sanders is actually from Iowa. 

Fun fact about Dallas though.. his best friend from high school, his daughter, is dating my cousin. I’m still waiting to meet him lol

as far as the goat though.. Kurt Warner 

Sanders is from Erie, Pa

• Like 1