stitches

52 minutes ago, stitches said:

AFC South Lines:

Colts 8.5

Texans 9.5

Jaguars 8.5

Titans 5.5

Thoughts? 

I had us at 8-9 wins, so that fits what I expect from us this season.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Sounds about right

Although I think with the Titans having Ridley and Hopkins will be higher

They won 6 games last year.  I don't think they are much better than last year unless Levis really improves

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They won 6 games last year.  I don't think they are much better than last year unless Levis really improves

Levis should improve with Ridley and Hopkins. 

Both are premier WRs

• Like 4

Considering how the Colts haven’t added one significant FA and could still lose Blackmon I think this rating is pretty awesome.  They think we’re in the thick of it just standing pat at this juncture.  Who would have thought.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Considering how the Colts haven’t added one significant FA and could still lose Blackmon I think this rating is pretty awesome.  They think we’re in the thick of it just standing pat at this juncture.  Who would have thought.

You punish yourself every off season thinking big trades or free agent signings are going to happen before the draft.   Ballard usually waits until after the draft to fill out the roster.   It isn't going to change

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You punish yourself every off season thinking big trades or free agent signings are going to happen before the draft.   Ballard usually waits until after the draft to fill out the roster.   It isn't going to change

This comment has nothing to do with my comment you are quoting.  But you like to keep bringing this opinion up so If it makes you feel good fine.  Just an fyi.  I am not punishing myself.  I don’t lose sleep over any of my opinions or lack of trades or FA signing.  I really don’t.  I am here for a little entertainment listening to different points of view and throwing out my two cents.  That’s it.  Nothing more nothing less.  But I’m sure I’ll hear the same thing from you down the road. It’s your thing with me.  No worries.  I will wake up in the morning.  Gosh.  I hope so anyway.  Lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is my pre-draft guess at these: Might be fun to look back at them at the end of the season. 

Chiefs (11.5)- over

49ers (11.5)- over 

Ravens (11.5)- under

Lions (10.5)- under

Bengals (10.5)- over

Bills (10.5)- over

Eagles (10.5)- under

Falcons (10.5)- under

Packers (10)- over

Dolphins (10)- over

Cowboys (10)- over

Texans (9.5)- over

Jets (9.5)- under

Bears (8.5)- under

Browns (8.5)- over

Rams (8.5)- over

Chargers (8.5)- under

Colts (8.5- over

Jaguars (8.5)- over

Buccaneers (8.5)- under

Steelers (8)- over

Seahawks (7.5)- over

Saints (7.5)- under

Commanders (7.5)- under

Vikings (6.5)- under

Raiders (6.5)- under

Cardinals (6.5)- over

Giants (6.5)- under

Broncos (5.5)- under

Titans (5.5)- over

Patriots (4.5)- over

Panthers (4.5)- over

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

you punish yourself thinking about your past locker room  experiences, it isnt going to change son

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

At first I thought the Colts were going to possibly take a step back. This is a very manageable schedule with the best teams at home.  Had a losing record at home last year but hopefully they can improve on that. 8-9 wins seems right and can +\- 2 wins depending on health and the defense. I think the offense and special teams play great this year.  

The Colts will host the following teams at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2024:

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Pittsburgh Steelers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

The Colts will face the following teams on the road:

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

New York Jets

New England Patriots

Denver Broncos

New York Giants

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Sounds like people are expecting another season where we are on the cusp of making the playoffs, but on the outside looking in.

My guess is flexible though. A lot of it depends of how AR looks during preseason and the draft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

At first I thought the Colts were going to possibly take a step back. This is a very manageable schedule with the best teams at home.  Had a losing record at home last year but hopefully they can improve on that. 8-9 wins seems right and can +\- 2 wins depending on health and the defense. I think the offense and special teams play great this year.  

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Pittsburgh Steelers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

New York Jets

New England Patriots

Denver Broncos

New York Giants

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

I think it depends on how strong the AFC South is this year.

I think it will be much stronger than in past years.

Texans - Will probably add a WR weapon in the draft. Stroud will be better with a new weapon.

Jags - the same, need a WR and Lawrence will be healthy

Titans - Have added Ridley and still have Hopkins.  Would love for AR to have weapons like that.

Colts - wait and see until after the draft.  They really have not made any real moves yet.  Yes AR will be back but this division will be much tougher.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Pittsburgh Steelers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

New York Jets

New England Patriots

Denver Broncos

New York Giants

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

gotta figure out how to win at home with that home schedule… If we can pull 5 wins out of that grouping, we will be right in the thick of things. Otherwise, we are going to have to play very well on the road and steal a division game somewhere. 

AR winning games is an unknown for everyone. Even assuming he stays healthy, it’s an unknown. He might play great all year, but struggle to put teams away or find ways to win. I think Steichen helped this team figure out to win games last season, so I’m hopeful that continues. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Caleb Williams not even drafted yet by the Bears and he pumped up the Bears win total to 8.5 ......impressive.

I mean they had 7 wins last season without Caleb Williams and without Keenan Allen... I think that projection is reasonable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

I think it depends on how strong the AFC South is this year.

I think it will be much stronger than in past years.

Texans - Will probably add a WR weapon in the draft. Stroud will be better with a new weapon.

Jags - the same, need a WR and Lawrence will be healthy

Titans - Have added Ridley and still have Hopkins.  Would love for AR to have weapons like that.

Colts - wait and see until after the draft.  They really have not made any real moves yet.  Yes AR will be back but this division will be much tougher.

I guess I see why they haven’t bc the biggest move out of all the division teams is the Colts getting their starting QB back. If AR plays how they think he will then it’s a bunch of wins. That’s to be seen. 

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

gotta figure out how to win at home with that home schedule… If we can pull 5 wins out of that grouping, we will be right in the thick of things. Otherwise, we are going to have to play very well on the road and steal a division game somewhere. 

AR winning games is an unknown for everyone. Even assuming he stays healthy, it’s an unknown. He might play great all year, but struggle to put teams away or find ways to win. I think Steichen helped this team figure out to win games last season, so I’m hopeful that continues. 

Yes. The Colts need to figure out how to win at home and with AR. I have my concerns with him other than health. Most of it is not fully understanding how he will be utilized and if he can pass effectively in this league on a consistent basis, especially if the defense puts him in a hole regularly. That’s a lot for someone with 18 games at the pro and college level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I mean they had 7 wins last season without Caleb Williams and without Keenan Allen... I think that projection is reasonable. 

With Caleb and possibly the addition of Marvin jr./or TE Bowers their ceiling this season is encouraging for their fans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Yes. The Colts need to figure out how to win at home and with AR. I have my concerns with him other than health. Most of it is not fully understanding how he will be utilized and if he can pass effectively in this league on a consistent basis, especially if the defense puts him in a hole regularly. That’s a lot for someone with 18 games at the pro and college level. 

I saw enough last season to be far more concerned about his availability than his ability to throw the ball. He showed a lot with his arm, ability to make big plays in a comeback against the Rams. He has yet to show he can stay healthy. Regardless what he does this year, there will be a lot of anxiety watching him play all the way up until the end of his season, whether by injury or by conclusion of the team’s season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I saw enough last season to be far more concerned about his availability than his ability to throw the ball. He showed a lot with his arm, ability to make big plays in a comeback against the Rams. He has yet to show he can stay healthy. Regardless what he does this year, there will be a lot of anxiety watching him play all the way up until the end of his season, whether by injury or by conclusion of the team’s season. 

I understand why there is a concern but I can’t predict injuries so won’t worry about it unless it happens. It’s virtually impossible for an NFL player not to get nicked up and battle injuries from minor to major. Hopefully the major injuries are behind him.  I want to see how AR plays and responds to adversity. Can he repeat what he did in the Rams game but lead the team to wins?  I think this defense will be putting AR in a hole multiple games and force him to throw. A good QB elevates his team. I haven’t seen enough from his arm to feel like it’s certain he will be able to pick apart NFL secondaries and everything else these DCs will do to confuse him 

• Like 1

On the negative side, we're going to be playing a tougher schedule than last year.

On the positive side, our young players should be better in their second year (Richardson, Downs, Brents) along with our 2022 draftees getting better (Pierce, Woods, Raimann, Cross).

It can all be upset by untimely injuries, but I'm giving us 10 wins and a playoff berth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 7:02 PM, John Hammonds said:

On the negative side, we're going to be playing a tougher schedule than last year.

On the positive side, our young players should be better in their second year (Richardson, Downs, Brents) along with our 2022 draftees getting better (Pierce, Woods, Raimann, Cross).

It can all be upset by untimely injuries, but I'm giving us 10 wins and a playoff berth.

If you want me to guess a the number of wins, I'd say 7 - 8, slightly below .500 (based on before the draft given our draft position).

• Like 1

I have us at 7.5 wins. Don't see us realistically having a chance at the division or the playoffs. Richardson hasn't even proven he can win games yet, and that's who we are pinning our hopes on without improving the team. We'll obviously draft some guys, but they will be rookies and won't get much playing time this year. That's what FA was supposed to be for, so we could fill needs before the draft and go BPA with whomever fell to us. 

The young players will get better, but that's true for all teams in that theory, especially the AFC South. See a year like last year except it'll be where Richardson finally starts to develop and we won't truly make a run until 2025.

19 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Surprised Nico Collins isn't joining in the fun. That's going to be a great top 4 WRs they have this year. They also have Brown and Woods as the 5 and 6. Absolutely insane.

• Like 1

Going out on a limb, looks like 5-3 in home games and 6-3 on the road. Sweep Titans, split with Texans and Jags. Not fearing Jets, Giants, Patriots, Broncos, Vikings. 50/50 with Dolphins, Bears ( depends if they gel or not), and Steelers, and maybe even Bills. Lions and Packers might be tough, but not impossible. 

10-11 wins.....Manifest it, make it happen!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lifetime Colt said:

Going out on a limb, looks like 5-3 in home games and 6-3 on the road. Sweep Titans, split with Texans and Jags. Not fearing Jets, Giants, Patriots, Broncos, Vikings. 50/50 with Dolphins, Bears ( depends if they gel or not), and Steelers, and maybe even Bills. Lions and Packers might be tough, but not impossible. 

10-11 wins.....Manifest it, make it happen!

The Jets are getting Aaron Rodgers back at QB and have a scary defense... just saying...

• Like 2