Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

16 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

hence why I said we may trade back.  Nabers, MHJ, Odunze, and BTJ will be gone by 15 most likely.  If our other highly rated prospects are gone then a trade back is more than likely.  I was high on BTJ and that’s why I’m bummed.  But I’m ok with trading back.  I’ve said in other threads I’d be ok with getting Arnold or bowers and grabbing someone like leggette if he’s there in the second so I’m not opposed to grabbing a WR later.  I’m not one of these “end of the world” posters.  Just really bummed that we had the chance to grab a certified dog at WR, if we were going to get him.

If we get Sneed and sign a safety I don’t think we trade back.  I think we stay and get a blue chip player like Arnold.  I think we need a starter with that pick.  Trading back lessons that likelihood unless it’s a short trade back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I just saved 10% by switching my car insurance to geico. 

but other than that, we are in the waiting room… 

as a fellow, strong, Colt fan; Can I have the remainder 10%?

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

If we get Sneed and sign a safety I don’t think we trade back.  I think we stay and get a blue chip player like Arnold.  I think we need a starter with that pick.  Trading back lessons that likelihood unless it’s a short trade back.

Yeah, hoping for Sneed and Diggs at this point. That would be a nice FA. Finish off the rest in the draft. Could get a real nice team if Ballard comes through with the Sneed trade.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

This is a long way of saying...."I've no idea what's happening!"

Mike actually says what others haven't said.

That Colts (if they're the team) have to up their part of the deal or Chiefs need to come down a bit.

Others were saying deal is done, they are ironing out details. If so, for how long do they iron? For How many days and nights? 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I ran in the mini marathon back in 2006 and finished it in 2 hours (it was 13.3 miles). My step-dad told me you will never come close to beating the Kenyon's, that is all he could come up with. All of my friends and my mom thought that was amazing I ran it in 2 hours, there were like 35000 people in it, and only around 4000 people ran it in 2 hours or less. Of course, a Kenyon won lmao , he ran it in just over an hour. I can't beat bionic legs haha .

I've never run a Mini Marathon but have run around a mini van a couple times before I got too tired. haha

If the Colts decide to trade back in round one this year they may be in a unique position. At 15 they may well be sitting in a position where the last of the projected 1st round QB's are still on the board after the initial run on them.  Ballard will most likely have plenty of options to add draft capital, especially if a starting CB is already in the fold. If they hold on to the pick it will be in the range of a top 10 equivalent pick talent-wise.

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Mike actually says what others haven't said.

That Colts (if they're the team) have to up their part of the deal or Chiefs need to come down a bit.

Others were saying deal is done, they are ironing out details. If so, for how long do they iron? For How many days and nights? 

Monkey Chores GIF

36 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Right so even the guys that made the pro bowl dont count unless they are perfect.

Nelson doesnt count because hes just a guard.

Taylor doesnt count because hes just a RB. 

Ive heard all this before.

Maybe you heard, buy you ain't listening. And you pulled "perfect" outta your *.

The subject class was 7 years of drafting defense. You failed, just like Ballard. Maybe next year!

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Maybe you heard, buy you ain't listening. And you pulled "perfect" outta your *.

The subject class was 7 years of drafting defense. You failed, just like Ballard. Maybe next year!

But he still has a job in the NFL making alot of money and you are in here claiming he doesnt know anything and making no money.

Id much rather be a failure like him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I've never run a Mini Marathon but have run around a mini van a couple times before I got too tired. haha

Believe me you don't want too. I just wanted to do it once being a runner back then that was average. For around 8 months I trained like crazy though. Running every day to the point I could run 8-10 miles a day before the mini, I quit drinking alcohol, ate a bunch of crap food like diet stuff and Fiber - that was for 8 months. It sucked. After the race I was sore for around 3 days and had blisters on my feet, and puking. After that I went back to jogging/running my usual 3 miles a day and ate a big mac and drink beer when I wanted lmao . Today, I would be lucky to run a 1 mile without having a heart attack. I haven't ran in years, joints are just bad.

• Like 3

This potential trade seems very un-Ballard-like to me. 

Especially when there's a good chance that  they could get a top notch corner in the draft.

I'll be shocked if this trade happens.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ballard so far had been getting QBs from free agency only, between Luck and Richardson.

Free Agency will always have to be part of the strategy, great GMs find the right mix every year and when the time is right, they'd try to bring as much talent to go for a run. 

It just cannot be done through draft alone. Hitting right on many draft prospects is tough as well, and involves luck, timing, players' effort and good deal of not suffering injuries. 

It is just my own impression but I find that drafted players seem to show allegiance to the teams that draft them. They seem to work hard, as they are working to get second contracts. I find that free agents get their money and don't seem to play as hard. I have no empirical evidence of that -- just my impression.

Teams like the Ravens and the Chiefs seem to draft very good players and let go of players if they are too expensive or are no longer in their plans. They then garner compensatory picks and picks from trades which they use to replenish their team. I recall when the Chiefs traded Hill. My brother thought it was a bad move. I thought it was brilliant, as I feel WRs can be replaced.

I want the Vikes to trade JJ for draft capital, as he is requesting too much money. Draft another great WR, whomost likely will not be as good as JJ, but that player does not have to be as good. It is not a race or fashion show. The goal is acquiring good players that will grow with your team and help you win. JMO

• Like 1

If not Sneed, then they just need to get a solid vet CB, many of whom are still in the market. The rookies struggled last year, but most DBs improve their second year if they get starting experience. Unless they think the DB prospect is a blue chip prospect, don't use #15 on another young guy who is probably going to go through the same early struggles. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans would have made a ton more sense than bears. Bears are not winning a SB next year so trading for a 31 year old WR is weird unless they plan on keeping Fields.

You say this now, but what IF Caleb Williams was as good as advertised? They definitely have a chance to go to the super bowl. There offense is stacked and they can drag anyone at #9 to help. IF Williams is that good, they def could make it to the super bowl.

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

yu knw minshew a career backup was leading the colts all season lol get real colts played w house money all season. 

Colts running it back with almost exactly the same team. Let’s see how it goes

9 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

You say this now, but what IF Caleb Williams was as good as advertised? They definitely have a chance to go to the super bowl. There offense is stacked and they can drag anyone at #9 to help. IF Williams is that good, they def could make it to the super bowl.

A rookie is a rookie. What stroud did this year is unheard of. A 31 YO WR just makes little sense.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If we get Sneed, you think we will also draft an additional CB at #15 AND sign a safety? Are you ready to give up on Brents and Jones after a year?

Just now, colts89 said:

If we get Sneed, you think we will also draft an additional CB at #15 AND sign a safety? Are you ready to give up on Brents and Jones after a year?

No CB at 15. We just drafted Brents. It will most likely be a offensive pick unless one of a couple defensive players drops.

• Like 2