Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Weird?  Why would the Steelers make that trade?

Thought the writing has been on the wall for this move 

They want Fields for the future and maybe this year.

Wilson is just on a 1yr vet minimum contract 

• Like 3

Just now, w87r said:

Thought the writing has been on the wall for this move 

The want Fields for the future and maybe this year.

Wilson is just on a 1yr vet minimum contract 

Curious to see what they gave up.  Will fields be the new slash, ala Kordell Stewart?

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He wasn’t confirming  numbers. All he was confirming was they were finishing it up. I don’t know why you’re arguing.

Because once again you missed the point of me saying he didn’t confirm EVERYTHING which includes the contact.  That’s what you do when you break major story like this.  

7 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Super weird situation now in Pittsburgh 

Naw, this is a good move.  Fields is their qb of the future.  Let him sit this year behind Russell and learn.  Also have a good backup if russel gets hurt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because once again you missed the point of me saying he didn’t confirm EVERYTHING which includes the contact.  That’s what you do when you break major story like this.  

He said it was being finished up which probably meant he didn’t have the numbers yet.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I hate the Steelers as well.   My hate rank all time. 

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

What did they give up?  

I believe a 6th round pick in 2025 that could become a 4throubd pick based on pt. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He doesn’t. He was being used.

And you know this how?  Do you have Ballard on speed dial?  I know you don’t want to hear this but there is a chance Destin was wrong.  It’s looking that way right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Damnit Chicago why’d you have to go help the Steelers like that? Horrible trade by the Bears as Fields had good talent he just didn’t have the coaching and/or players around him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cbear said:

I believe a 6th round pick in 2025 that could become a 4throubd pick based on pt. 

That is nothing. Wow.

Just now, BProland85 said:

Damnit Chicago why’d you have to go help the Steelers like that? Horrible trade by the Bears as Fields had good talent he just didn’t have the coaching and/or players around him. 

Exactly!

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He said it was being finished up which probably meant he didn’t have the numbers yet.

He didn’t say they were finishing up the contract he said they were ironing out the trade.  He later said himself he didn’t have anything confirmed on the contact.  I know you like Destin but you are going way over the top to defend him when he hasn’t been proven right yet and the guy you claimed had been all over this from the start, despite nothing having happened to prove what he was saying was right, disabled his Twitter account.  Maybe just back off and do what destin himself said he was going to do and let it play out before defending him to the death.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And you know this how?  Do you have Ballard on speed dial?  I know you don’t want to hear this but there is a chance Destin was wrong.  It’s looking that way right now.

Is Destin a writer for Colts.com? (I probably should know this. Lol)

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Or Holder has better inside info. 

Ehhh idk, Holder never breaks anything or gives out any information worth while. When he does comment on things it’s usually after everything has already came out. No a huge Holder fan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

It may be a horrible trade by the Bears, but it appears to be the BEST offer they got.   Unless you think they took a worse offer to send Fields where he may have wanted to go?   

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I hate the Steelers as well.   My hate rank all time. 

Patriots

Steelers 

Chargers

Any afc south team

What did they give up?  

Gave up a 4th if Fields plays 51% of OF play or 6th if he doesn't. Chicken feed!

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

That’s a good point. Would be a classy thing for Chicago to do. 

To be clear, I’m NOT saying they did this.  I think it’s possible, but perhaps not likely.  

I was trying to point out to the poster who complained about the trade that it’s not likely the Bears took a worse deal on purpose.   And if that’s the best, then hey….   

The rumors I had read where teams like Denver and Vegas might be interested.  Honestly, I thought Minn might be interested, but it’s possible Chicago wouldn’t trade him within the division and have to face Fields twice a year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Gave up a 4th if Fields plays 51% of OF play or 6th if he doesn't. Chicken feed!

It’s clear that was a second string QB type of trade, not the starter kind

28 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Crazy to think they got Russ and Fields for a 2025 day 3 pick and 1.2 mil

I remember them fleecing the Bears for a 2nd rounder for freaking Chase Claypool that turned into a top of Round 2 pick, Bears got fleeced again by them 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t say they were finishing up the contract he said they were ironing out the trade.  He later said himself he didn’t have anything confirmed on the contact.  I know you like Destin but you are going way over the top to defend him when he hasn’t been proven right yet and the guy you claimed had been all over this from the start, despite nothing having happened to prove what he was saying was right, disabled his Twitter account.  Maybe just back off and do what destin himself said he was going to do and let it play out before defending him to the death.

I remember the Josh McDaniels' 'done deal', until it wasn't. Whatever ...

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I remember them fleecing the Bears for a 2nd rounder for freaking Chase Claypool that turned into a top of Round 2 pick, Bears got fleeced again by them 

We may have to acknowledge that Chicago’s front office may not be that good.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stitches said:

When we know how the Colts and Ballard act on the market IMO it's almost certain that either the deal is done or the deal is not happening at all. I don't think I ever remember any big contract being negotiated by the Colts through the media. This just doesn't happen... like EVER. This is not Ballard's modus operandi. He does everything in the dark. When you hear about the deal it's usually already done. So... this line of thinking kind of gives credence to both versions - either the deal is done and just not announced yet(the more time passes the less likely this is BTW), or the Colts are not as close to a deal as a lot of people think and it's possible either agents or the Chiefs are using the Colts to leverage another team to give more(money and/or picks). 

Honestly. I usually believe in what Destin reports, but in this case it kind of looks to me like too much time has passed without official confirmation and at this point if I had to bet my money on something it's probably that the Colts don't trade for Snead at all. 

Yup. Even the JT contract, lots of speculation, but nobody had the inside track on that. It went from complete stalemate, to weird JT press conference, to new contract, basically overnight. 

At this point, I think the Colts looked into it, didn't like the price, and moved on. And it's in Sneed's best interest for his reps to keep portraying the Colts as still being in the mix. I obviously don't know anything, but that's how I see it. 

Edited by Superman
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps my favorite Pittsburgh stat is this….   Isn’t it Noll, Cowher and Tomlin are the only Steeler HC’s for the last roughly 55 years?   I think that’s an unbelievable stat worthy of highest praise.  

Absolutely.

How about this one:

They’ve only had 14 losing seasons TOTAL since 1964.

They’ve only had 3 losing seasons my entire lifetime so far, the last ones being 2003.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Crazy to think they got Russ and Fields for a 2025 day 3 pick and 1.2 mil

I was just looking at that. They traded Pickett, a 2024 4th, and two 2025 7ths, for a 2024 3rd. Pickett's 2024 salary is about $1.9m. 

Then they traded a 2025 6th, which can wind up being a 4th, for Fields. His 2024 salary is $3.3m in 2024. We'll see what they do about the 5th year option.  

And they signed Wilson for minimum. I think he's cooked, but the price is right, and he's better than Pickett or Trubisky. I also think Fields is limited, but he's better than Pickett or Trubisky. They basically revamped their QB room and added a lot of upside, and moved up in this year's draft. And the net cost seems to be two 7th rounders, at worst.

Good job, Steelers. 

• Like 7