Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why?  He has been ok.  Certainly not a great career so far

coaching n attitude could get him to be special … he was one of the panthers best young defenders. he has special traits he just needs to be put en position to succeed

also the panthers are a farm lg team. their organization hired frank reicht, traded a hall of pick to select a trash qb only for the pick traded to be en a better qb draft class, they also included a no1 WR en the trade so that qb has no wrs to throw 2. 

thrn they also declined 2 1sts for burns only to later accept a 2nd &5th 

the panthers have no clue what they’re doing 

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

The Chiefs are really on the clock from my perspective. They have to be under the cap when the new league year starts tomorrow.  After Jones’s deal, getting Sneed dealt is important.  

Chiefs are actually under the cap as we speak.

Only $1.25m, but still under.

Going to need to clear more though.

That guy Jay Robbin is right on it for the Colts and what should be next.

Snead possibility

Time for some FA safeties

Have been rumors on the DL as well (Hunter)

• Like 1

Next domino to fall tomorrow - most likely Khalil Mack and Mike Williams released while Joey Bosa and Keenan Allen will be restructured by Chargers.

I would wait for taking a stab at Mike Williams, if I can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He isn't a free agent.  He isn't going anywhere unless he  is cut or traded

Yeah, I know.  I’m just saying that by releasing him in a week or so, we aren’t screwing his FA chances.  He’ll be a third-tier TE…

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Snead possibility

They’re over according OTC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Snead possibility

A big signing like Hunter makes we wonder if we would try to move Kwity or Dayo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A big signing like Hunter makes we wonder if we would try to move Kwity or Dayo.

Stewart is a liability on passing downs, so Dayo will move inside permanently to spell Stewart more and more along with Lewis while Kwity and Ebukam stay on the edges on passing downs. On run downs, Dayo will play a bit of DE too because Ebukam can get washed out. Need some versatile guys, and Dayo is one, IMO. Plus, with Lewis' injury history, makes sense to keep Dayo while he is cheap.

Hunter isn't likely, IMO. 

• Like 1

Snead possibility

I think that guy was just random, if he really knew Colts were in pursuit of Hunter, he'd have mentioned the name.. he just said "DE splash"...

Anyway, the reason I'm saying is, I don't think Colts are pursuing Sneed. If anything, they'd have just inquired like they did for Hunter and backed out.

If Colts really pursue someone and be ready to trade picks for that player, you'd surely hear that from someone more reputed even before that happens.

So far, none... And that's usual for Ballard.

People in Twitter are just kindling flame to get some talk about Colts and some Big name FAs.. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Spotrac has them just under.

Either way they need to make some moves.

Hopefully they do feel that 4pm as a deadline of sorts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah, I would imagine so, but maybe not? Keep them coming in waves.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

OTC is usually slow.. 

Especially during legal tampering period, no way they'd update cap details any time soon to reflect what it truly is..

Unless you know the team's situation beforehand, and you can do all the math based on all new contract changes, you'd need to wait for sometime for the air to be more clear. 

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why?  He has been ok.  Certainly not a great career so far

also a lot of these players ppl like i identified as fits for the colts before they “got better” 

yu have to take chances on young talent when yu can … ppl on here care about players when they’ve made a name for themselves, yu have to strike n let them do that on your team under prove it contracts.  savage chinn sm bunting have been favorites of mine since they been en the lg n some b4… talent is talent & Chinn is Rare, yu can build schemes n packages around him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Yeah, this is where I have us:

2024 Cap Space:

Spotrac - **estimate $29.8m

OtC - **estimate $26.2m

Leaning more towards Spotrac being more correct at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Stewart is a liability on passing downs, so Dayo will move inside permanently to spell Stewart more and more along with Lewis while Kwity and Ebukam stay on the edges on passing downs. On run downs, Dayo will play a bit of DE too because Ebukam can get washed out. Need some versatile guys, and Dayo is one, IMO. Plus, with Lewis' injury history, makes sense to keep Dayo while he is cheap.

I would think Hunter would be out there on passing downs not Kwity.  Dayo I would keep he’s more versatile.  If we sign Hunter first maybe Kwity is part of a trade for Snead.   Who knows.

• Like 1

Not surprising. Ballard is putting all of his eggs in the basket he has already made with his own players and banking on AR taking us over the hump.

This is also the way he has operated every single FA since he has been here. We will sign 2 or 3 guys people haven't really heard about for bargain contracts.

He knows if AR doesn't pan out he is done. His seat is probably the warmest its ever been. So he is going to either sink or swim with this team as is. I would probably do the same at this point. Why change who you are.

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think that guy was just random, if he really knew Colts were in pursuit of Hunter, he'd have mentioned the name.. he just said "DE splash"...

That guy just said DEs, I put Hunter, because there seems to be multiple other reports that we are checking in on him.

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

OTC is usually slow.. 

Especially during legal tampering period, no way they'd update cap details any time soon to reflect what it truly is..

Unless you know the team's situation beforehand, and you can do all the math based on all new contract changes, you'd need to wait for sometime for the air to be more clear. 

It's funny they are ahead of the game early, and late to the party now

I've been monitoring both sites real closely lately. Lol, probably too much.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would think Hunter would be out there on passing downs not Kwity.  Dayo I would keep he’s more versatile.  If we sign Hunter first maybe Kwity is part of a trade for Snead.   Who knows.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Sneed was one of the highest rated zone corners in the NFL last year.  People have been complaining about the Colts not disguising their coverages enough. A player like Sneed allows them to do that very thing. 

Well excuse me then lol

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Zach Hicks is missing the bump in pay for Zaire, that still needs to be factored in as well.

I believe there is no pay bump this year.

I believe the extension and pay starts after this season..

I might be wrong.

That guy just said DEs, I put Hunter, because there seems to be multiple other reports that we are checking in on him.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, that he has talked nothing specific.

Reg Hunter, there was a report that Texans and Hunter are mutually interested but all the reports regarding Colts and Hunter just said at best that Colts are pursuing.

And, I don't think Hunter would ask for more than 30 million, that report was Probably misleading. Yet, Texans could offer more than what Colts would. 

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I believe there is no pay bump this year.

I believe the extension and pay starts after this season..

I might be wrong.

Most likely you are. Lol. Edit: that sounded harsh, but yeah, most likely you are. Lol.

He will probably get about $3-$4m extra against the cap this season.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

This won't be popular, but that’s ok.   

But I don’t want Sneed at all.  Not any part.  

The Colts would have to give up a day 2 pick, plus a contract that would range from 4/70 at the low end to roughly 5/90 at the high end.   For a corner in a mostly zone defense?    Makes no sense to me.  

Corners next season:   Brents, Moore, Flowers, Jones,  2024 draft pick, 2024 FA vet signing.  

I agree if we play the same style D as last year. But with Sneed, I'm hoping we change up and get more varied especially on the back end. If he's just going to sit in zone most of the time, then he's not worth it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Kevin Bowen said it would go in effect after the 2024 season

I don't buy that,  not even a little bit.

Neither site has anything updated yet, once that happens we will know for sure.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

A lot of running backs got paid yesterday thanks to Jonathon Taylor.

JT did what he had to get himself paid...

But, lot of RBs got paid yesterday because teams last year were discarding RBs, then during the regular season the lack of running game came back to bite them.

And, this is just unusually a FA year, where lots of big name RBs like Henry, Barkley, Jacobs, Jones, Ekeler, Singletary, etc., became free agents au the same time - which doesn't happen most free agency years, some of these RBs became available because teams had been kicking down the road on one-year deals.

And, none of them got JT money...

Maybe, it feels good to say JT got them paid, but it really is not. 

6 minutes ago, legend300 said:

Which player would help the team more, Hunter or Snead?   Not that I think Ballard will make the move just curious what people think.  

en a vacuum hunter bc he can produce independently of gus but if gus were to get out of his box sneed would open up more possibilities to help the whole unit, but that just involves gus trusting players to do their job which his schemes inherently flow against since the purpose is to protect them from themselves … i hate gus bradley 

gus is holding the colts back and it’s infuriating 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the reason why the Colts are not signing any FAs outside of our own is NOT because of Ballard.

I sincerely think the players just don't want to come here and I truly believe it is due to the fact that the Colts have zero daycare and are terrible with accommodating dietary issues...

:peek:

3 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

en a vacuum hunter bc he can produce independently of gus but if gus were to get out of his box sneed would open up more possibilities to help the whole unit, but that just involves gus trusting players to do their job which his schemes inherently flow against since the purpose is to protect them from themselves … i hate gus bradley 

I’m not a Gus fan either. But it is what it is at this point. Truth be told Ballard’s a fan of the Bradley defensive scheme, so even if Gus were to leave we’d still have a similar defense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't buy that,  not even a little bit.

Neither site has anything updated yet, once that happens we will know for sure.

That’s just what he said. Take it for what it is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indeee said:

I think the reason why the Colts are not signing any FAs outside of our own is NOT because of Ballard.

I sincerely think the players just don't want to come here and I truly believe it is due to the fact that the Colts have zero daycare and are terrible with accommodating dietary issues...

:peek:

They care about getting big money at this time, that's all...

If Colts are ready to give out the deals, most FAs will come to Indy.

That's how it works. Especially now, money talks louder.

Jacksonville used to be such small market, then they built a strong defense around 2017, went to AFC championship, then got Trevor Lawrence, but more importantly they are shelling out Contracts to FAs left and right, so many free agents more go there...

It's usually money, good QB and team, and a GM who's not afraid to bring anyone he wants for big sum.