Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let’s Not Overlook the Falcons

Smonroe

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Colts shouldnt overlook the Falcons..

However, if we lose to the Falcons... I'll .. I'll go to work Monday

And if we win?

I guess I wasn’t clear with the title. What I meant was - we, as fans, shouldn’t assume it’s going to be an easy win.

We all know the Colts aren’t good enough to overlook anyone, lol!

• Like 1

As mentioned in another thread, if we're gonna lose any game and still make the playoffs, it would almost have to be this one  because the other 2 are conference games that we're playing at home but if we lose this weekend but win the 2 remaining games, we'd have 10 wins & a superior conference record - we'd be 4-2 in the division and 8-4 in the conference but if we win out, we're assured a postseason berth and could possibly even host a playoff game as divisional champions!

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-taylor-heinicke-will-start-for-falcons-in-week-16

Report: Taylor Heinicke will start for Falcons in Week 16

Looks like Taylor Heinicke will indeed be getting the start. Lets hope Bradley's defense can do a better job this time, than last year, against Heinicke...

...According to TheAthletic.com, the Falcons will be starting Taylor Heinicke against the Colts. It would be the second time that Smith and the Falcons have benched Ridder in favor of Heinicke this season...

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, Smonroe said:

...I’m always nervous about being a favorite on the road to a team that just came off a humiliating loss...

Looks like the line has flipped for this weeks game.

Colts opened as (-2 1/2 point) favorite on the road @ Atlanta

Now Colts are currently (+1 point) underdogs.

I think the difference this time around is our offense is a lot better and we are growing as a defense. I kind of had this worried feeling against Pittsburgh but deep down I knew we should win by 10+ because we’re the better team, and that’s exactly how I feel about this one 

25 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Looks like the line has flipped for this weeks game.

Colts opened as (-2 1/2 point) favorite on the road @ Atlanta

Now Colts are currently (+1 point) underdogs.

That's interesting.  I know they move the line based on how the betting is going.  Which means a lot of people were taking the Falcons.  

Maybe the hunch is it's Smith's last hurrah and he's starting Heinicke.  I wish they would have stayed with Ridder.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This game a lot less clear with the change at QB we’re facing. 

The unknown is not an advantage for our defense. 

I think the Colts will know what to expect, whether it is Ridder or  Heinicke.

We played (and lost) against Heinicke last year when he was with Washington...

There is tape of both QBs this year, as both have started several games for Atlanta

42 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Woah 

Both (used to be) important ST guys.  And the STs haven't been very good the last few weeks to begin with.

Although, I'm not sad that McKenzie isn't out there.  He seemed to be a fumble waiting to happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I think the Colts will know what to expect, whether it is Ridder or  Heinicke.

We played (and lost) against Heinicke last year when he was with Washington...

There is tape of both QBs this year, as both have started several games for Atlanta

The difference is Ridder turned it over more than Heinecke and the streaky nature of Heinecke should be something Gus Bradley should be mindful of.

In the NFL, no opponent should be looked at lightly.   Any given Sunday.  The line between winning and losing is so very often a VERY thin line.  Colts have to treat this, and all of their remaining games, as one and done playoff games.  There is ZERO margin for error remaining for these last 3 games, especially with how the AFC race is shaking out.  Simply cannot give the Bills an opening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I really felt like the underestimated, the Bengals and New Orleans. Two games should’ve won but we fell apart. We cannot overlook Robinson and we need to make them one divisional. This could easily be a trap game. Hopefully they learned from earlier against we should have won.

Seems Arthur smith doesn’t know how to use his weapons. In pouring down rain Robinson had 7 touches.  

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor will participate in the walk through 

Good news about JT.  “Progressing well” is Shane’s go to response when asked about any injury.

Reporter: “Coach, how is Jones doing after having both of his legs broke and losing an eye?”

Shane: “He’s responding well”.  

7 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

They do have weapons at WR. and TE. Im bringing a lot of pressure a lot to help out the corners and force TH to make those hard throws. Watch the screen passes with Bijan and should easily win this.

They just don’t know how to use them. Robinson had 7 carries in pouring rain.

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Good news about JT.  “Progressing well” is Shane’s go to response when asked about any injury.

Reporter: “Coach, how is Jones doing after having both of his legs broke and losing an eye?”

Shane: “He’s responding well”.  

Taylor was listed as full today.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hahaha first one to get my joke. I'm basically overlooking the Falcons saying IF we do lose I'll just go into work ON Christmas 🤣

You’re overlooking Christmas if the Colts overlook the Falcons.  Good one!

(I do know a few people who forgot it was a holiday and went into work…but not on Christmas.   Too many reminders)

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

You have to work on Christmas?  That’s rough.

Actually, I am working all day on Christmas from 8am-6pm. I will make $50 an hour for almost doing nothing - that's double time baby! All the important games are Sunday, and I am off Sunday. I will go to moms on Christmas Eve/celebrate Christmas Sunday, eat and drink, and enjoy football all day. Then go in on Monday. Nobody wants to work Monday where I am at, so I took it. For $50 an hour hardly doing anything, anyone would be a fool to pass on that and I usually work nights. That is a $500 day The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO) - I don't go back in until Tuesday night so I still have part of Christmas off and can watch the Ravens at 49ers.

• Like 3