Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, he looked solid. He was far from struggling in his first year. I think he can take over from where he left off this year next year and we can focus on building around him in the draft.

We have had to overcome so much this year it's unbelievable. From injuries to bad calls that cost us games to drama from the owner. Been a tough year and this team is still 8-6. 1/2 a game in back of the Jags, and the Texans have Stroud hurt. Have to take advantage.

I just hope that Browns game doesn't come back to bite us. Had we not gotten cheated out of that game, we would be leading the AFC South right now at 9-5. We have won a lot of close games so things kind of even out, but that loss still has my stomach sour.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just hope that Browns game doesn't come back to bite us. Had we not gotten cheated out of that game, we would be leading the AFC South right now at 9-5. We have won a lot of close games so things kind of even out, but that loss still has my stomach sour.

Yep. We have to root for the Browns to lose because of that tiebreaker, and they aren't a bad team. Flacco gave them a lift as well, and they are competitive again, even without Watson. Unfortunately, things like this can come back to haunt us.

• Like 1

Very impressed with the win.

Being down by 2 touchdowns and then turning it on shows the tough, never quit mentality of this team

We have the coach of the year (I hope) in our employ

This defense looks so much better with Speed on the field

We may be facing Cincy again in playoffs, having Brents (He looked a bit rusty yesterday, but first game back)

and Speed on the field should stop the forever yards on the screen

This team can compete

Tempered optimism, from this old Texan !!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. We have to root for the Browns to lose because of that tiebreaker, and they aren't a bad team. Flacco gave them a lift as well, and they are competitive again, even without Watson. Unfortunately, things like this can come back to haunt us.

Winning that game in Tennessee in OT, sort of offsets the Browns loss because they had ball in hand in OT and could have easily beat us. We stole one there Happy Homer Simpson GIF

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Winning that game in Tennessee in OT, sort of offsets the Browns loss because they had ball in hand in OT and could have easily beat us. We stole one there Happy Homer Simpson GIF

That was a fun game. Really enjoyed it. We needed that to remain alive in the playoff hunt. If we win 2 of the last 3, we're in IMO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My only issue is this year is like 2020 in the way that we'll probably have Minshew as the starter for one year, and Richardson will take over again next year. Obviously, this is a good thing in a vacuum, but it's just the fact that we used a QB that only has one realistic year with us again before trying to use a young QB next year and starting over with a new QB. Except this time, it's real, and this time, we already drafted him. 

Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic, and I should have more fun with the team, but I need to at least make the playoffs minimum to be happy with the year. It can't be another playoff collapse like it was with Wentz. The injuries have really worn on me. It hasn't even been a particularly high number of injuries; it's just been the specific players that have gotten injured. 

To Ballard's credit, the depth has held up, and the pass rush has been much better. This is the best team he's ever had. Which makes it all the more frustrating Richardson is hurt and Minshew is the starter. That's after all the unluckiness with big picks being injury busts. 

It is fun beating the Pats and Steelers in the same season, but the Pats have 3 wins, and the Steelers have Trubisky as QB. I realize we have Minshew at QB, but it's like picking on your bully after he's in a wheelchair later in life or something and bragging about it that you got your revenge.

I'll probably change my mind if we get into the playoffs, but we need to get there first. I'm not going to lower my standards to be satisfied until we do. Happy so far yes, satisfied no. 

Push them bullies down the stairs and celebrate.🥳

• Like 2

Crazy to think that we’re in the hunt for the division despite being swept by the Jags. What a year this is turning out to be. My two must win games for this season to show growth and exercise demons happened. We beat the Patriots and the Steelers. Imagine if we somehow win the division and then host the Jags for a wildcard. We could finally exorcise some demons there too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Crazy to think that we’re in the hunt for the division despite being swept by the Jags. What a year this is turning out to be. My two must win games for this season to show growth and exercise demons happened. We beat the Patriots and the Steelers. Imagine if we somehow win the division and then host the Jags for a wildcard. We could finally exorcise some demons there too.

Ain’t getting my hopes up but man if we get in to the dance, anything can happen in those games.

• Like 1

It would be very interesting to see the splits from yesterday on what coverage shells the Colts used yesterday and how it compared to their tendencies for the season.  

For me, it is hard to tell these things completely when watching live on TV and, maybe it's just my imagination, but it did seem that the corners were in a lot more man coverage than what we typically see.  

At any rate, it was one of the more thorough, complete defensive performances of the year.  Outside of their second drive of the game, Pittsburgh basically got nothing going offensively.  

• Like 1

Not gonna lie.  I thought we were done when we went down 13-0.  Game-set-match.  Not just done for the game, but done for the season.  We did a great job pulling ourselves out of it, and with backup players at nearly every position.

Reminder - it could have been an even more lopsided game.  We left 10 points on the field.  And the manner in which we did it should still haunt us.  We shows just how good, and how bad, we can play, all in a single game.

Kudos to the offensive line, which not only minimized TJ Watt, but also opened huge holes for both backup running backs all 2nd half.  JuJu Brents looked like he was still playing the pre-Saints defensive scheme.  Hadn't quite gotten on the wagon for the changes that Gus made to his defense.  Also, McKenzie, Brown, and Adebawore were all healthy scratches.  I'm guessing that, after the Bengals game, Steichen clamped down on self-inflicted mistakes.

All in all, it's a good win over an important opponent.  I expect us to win vs Atlanta, lose vs the Raiders, and come into the final game against Houston at 9-7 with it all on the line.

Thunderdome.  Two teams enter, one team leaves.

Wow, what happened yesterday? Only the 5th win against the steelers in the past 51 years, unbelievable. I put in my prediction if the steelers beat us it would be laughable because they are so bad. Surprise, surprise we handled them rather easily. A 17 point win and on top of that we dropped 2 touchdown passes in the end zone, and missed 2 field goals. Now let's be honest, the steelers really are a bottom 3 team in the league, there is nothing there, they are ALOT worse than the Colt teams of the early 80's and early 90's that the media jacks constantly laughed at and told there little stupid jokes about. Great win, all around dominance( a few defensive lapses though) keep it going in Atlanta next week. My prediction was wrong, but I'll man up and admit it(gladly so!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   

I was specifically talking about today, and today only.   And your response immediately talks about what the defense did last week.   Are you even slightly aware of what you’re writing? 

All I’m saying is that it’s OK to point out when Bradley’s defense does good.  They did mostly good today.  They mostly sucked last week.   I defended the first half last week, but not the second.   

If Bradley is fired after this season, I won’t be crying for him.   I’d like a more aggressive defense.   I just try to be more nuanced than just good and bad.   Things are a bit more complex than that. 

I will ALWAYS take a win and enjoy it!! I can accept what THIS particular version of the team is and simply ride the fun wave. Now to your point....I'm not a fan of Gus's defense but I will root for him because he is the Colt's dc. Can he change some of his CAREER tendencies and adapt to his players on hand or scheme up some different looks according to opponents? His history hasn't shown that so far and ultimately it has led to his dismissal at various stops. I saw enough last season from Gus with Gilmore and Rodgers against GOOD offenses to know he's not the answer. That very soft zone will get dissected by MOST upper tier offenses.

Like I said I EXPECTED our defense to handle a BAD Steeler offense who by the way fired its oc a few weeks back and are now helmed by the awful Mitch T as qb1. The Steelers have scored less than 20 pts in FIVE straight games and were coming off back to back losses against a PAIR of 2 win teams. One of those teams by the way were the Pats who our defense also looked good against. Instead of taking it for what it's worth some come on here throwing out stats like we dominated an upper tier offense thus my counter with the Cincy game. Gus is serviceable but not on a upper tier or special level that is needed to helm an elite defense. Now if it's a talent issue then that falls on your guy Ballard. Gus represents a list of coaches and staff for the Colts recently who were good guys but NOT good enough to elevate PAST mediocrity. 

On the other hand what Shane has accomplished so far in his young career is impressive. What he did with Herbert his rookie season (ROY), Hurts (2nd in MVP voting and a SB appearance), the promise shown from the raw rookie AR as qb1 before injury and he now has the sporadic Minshew (who followed Shane to Indy) playing his best meaningful football as qb1. All are DIFFERENT players with different traits but Shane has gotten the best from all by catering to their strengths. His unique playcalling and aggressive mindset on the field (which is now missing in Philly) is NEW and refreshing with the Colts.

Shane is establishing a winning culture moving forward no matter WHO'S on the field. No one expected THIS team to be here with ALL the adversity it's faced so far but I say again good COACHING matters!! Play designs, schemes and weekly game plans matter too. Steichen understands what he has on offense. Is it Philly level? Of course not BUT he also knows that being aggressive has gotten us to this point and gives the team its best chance to win. Would Reich, Caldwell or Pagano get these results with this same team? I think we ALL know that answer so my point is stop settling for mediocrity and pursue greatness. Contend for SBs instead of being content for delayed gratification and so so seasons! Go Colts...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I will ALWAYS take a win and enjoy it!! I can accept what THIS particular version of the team is and simply ride the fun wave. Now to your point....I'm not a fan of Gus's defense but I will root for him because he is the Colt's dc. Can he change some of his CAREER tendencies and adapt to his players on hand or scheme up some different looks according to opponents? His history hasn't shown that so far and ultimately it has led to his dismissal at various stops. I saw enough last season from Gus with Gilmore and Rodgers against GOOD offenses to know he's not the answer. That very soft zone will get dissected by MOST upper tier offenses.

Like I said I EXPECTED our defense to handle a BAD Steeler offense who by the way fired its oc a few weeks back and are now helmed by the awful Mitch T as qb1. The Steelers have scored less than 20 pts in FIVE straight games and were coming off back to back losses against a PAIR of 2 win teams. One of those teams by the way were the Pats who our defense also looked good against. Instead of taking it for what it's worth some come on here throwing out stats like we dominated an upper tier offense thus my counter with the Cincy game. Gus is serviceable but not on a upper tier or special level that is needed to helm an elite defense. Now if it's a talent issue then that falls on your guy Ballard. Gus represents a list of coaches and staff for the Colts recently who were good guys but NOT good enough to elevate PAST mediocrity. 

On the other hand what Shane has accomplished so far in his young career is impressive. What he did with Herbert his rookie season (ROY), Hurts (2nd in MVP voting and a SB appearance), the promise shown from the raw rookie AR as qb1 before injury and he now has the sporadic Minshew (who followed Shane to Indy) playing his best meaningful football as qb1. All are DIFFERENT players with different traits but Shane has gotten the best from all by catering to their strengths. His unique playcalling and aggressive mindset on the field (which is now missing in Philly) is NEW and refreshing with the Colts.

Shane is establishing a winning culture moving forward no matter WHO'S on the field. No one expected THIS team to be here with ALL the adversity it's faced so far but I say again good COACHING matters!! Play designs, schemes and weekly game plans matter too. Steichen understands what he has on offense. Is it Philly level? Of course not BUT he also knows that being aggressive has gotten us to this point and gives the team its best chance to win. Would Reich, Caldwell or Pagano get these results with this same team? I think we ALL know that answer so my point is stop settling for mediocrity and pursue greatness. Contend for SBs instead of being content for delayed gratification and so so seasons! Go Colts...

Great post! Wish I could give this more than 1 like.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If somehow Bills and Texans  lose next weeks Falcons game isn’t quite as important to win. But it could also help where we might be able to secure a playoff game against the raiders.

Every game matters because of tie breakers. I don't think we will win out, but we need at least 2 of the 3.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I had to look up skoal. Didn't know it was tobacco. Imagine that in MLB back in the day!

I don't smoke or chew, but I tried chew once when I was younger - like 18 or so. A chew called Grizzley, and I was strutting around like a tough guy, next thing I know, I was on my rear, dizzy, and puking. That stuff kicked my butt!

10 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m glad we got a WR like Pittman on this team. 

Crazy thing is they have done it twice now. Is their scouting department not doing their homework. Teams took Pickens off their draft board because there was some huge red flags. They did it with Claypool then turned around and did it again with Pickens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think I said they had some clutch turnovers? They did a good job today, but probably looked better than they are because of the Steelers offense. 

The prevent defense is terrible though. I really can’t see how that can be disputed at this point. 

I don’t dispute it.   All I’m saying is that on balance the Colts defense did well yesterday.   

Dont know if you saw any of my other posts, but in one, I stressed that I’d be fine if Bradley is let go next year.  I wouldn't defend him beyond saying that this whole season was devoted to playing the kids and letting them take their lumps while they learned on the fly.   But I prefer a more aggressive defensive approach for the 24 Colts and beyond.   I’d prefer a more Steichen-like approach to defense for the Colts future. 

Fair enough. 

• Like 2

Take a look at the REAL WINNERS!

Can you see them?

It’s the Colts fans in the stands that WENT TO THE GAME!

:rock::cheer2::banana::yahoo:

Some of them probably bought tickets from the “loser non-fans” that were too chicken to go to the game because of blah blah blah!

I believe there are True Fans that just could not attend for VALID reasons… this message is not for you.

I watched the whole game and I was not discouraged in the first half because the game doesn't end until 00:00!…True Fan Quality :colts:IMG_3043.jpeg.823ef436c48a523194a18cc73034d9c7.jpeg

Thank you NFL Network for the type of footage you provide. I saw more of the TRUE FANS and OUR TEAM which

almost made me feel like I was there.

Thanks to Our Colts and to The Fans in The Stands.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t dispute it.   All I’m saying is that on balance the Colts defense did well yesterday.   

Dont know if you saw any of my other posts, but in one, I stressed that I’d be fine if Bradley is let go next year.  I wouldn't defend him beyond saying that this whole season was devoted to playing the kids and letting them take their lumps while they learned on the fly.   But I prefer a more aggressive defensive approach for the 24 Colts and beyond.   I’d prefer a more Steichen-like approach to defense for the Colts future. 

Fair enough. 

I agree completely. 

I know Bradley probably hasn’t been delt the best hand with injuries and maybe talent. But, besides with the Seahawks, his scheme hasn’t really worked anywhere. It just seems outdated to me and I think it’s too passive. Too much sitting back and reacting instead of being aggressive and taking the initiative to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I would honestly rather us get a wild card, and go beat the Jags in Jacksonville to break the losing streak there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Ebukam, another 49er steal.  Buck was the first.  Remember when we got buck, people didn’t think he was good enough for the 2nd we gave them.  Ebukam has been a very good signing.

happy for dayo also!  Hoping that he turns into an every down defensive end.  But that would mean less snaps for qwitty :(

We gave up first for buck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Very impressed with the win.

Being down by 2 touchdowns and then turning it on shows the tough, never quit mentality of this team

We have the coach of the year (I hope) in our employ

This defense looks so much better with Speed on the field

We may be facing Cincy again in playoffs, having Brents (He looked a bit rusty yesterday, but first game back)

and Speed on the field should stop the forever yards on the screen

This team can compete

Tempered optimism, from this old Texan !!

We shouldn't  see cincy again unless it is afc championship  game or Baltimore goes on losing  streak

• Like 1

Trubisky was bad and the reason we scored over 20.

Steichen and Jim Bob are getting a lot out of what we have.

How about our run game without $Taylor$!

Fries best FB should be ahead of him and he is overall better/more consistent than Glow. Freeland starting next year doesn't scare me. 

Speeds mental > than his physical makes for a winner. He should keep getting better with experience. I like him starting for our SB run.

Hope Cross keeps getting PT. 

43 Denbow is a coverage warrior on ST. 

The game compared to being abusive to a hungry homeless person, Pitt  was so weak. Maybe Tomlin ends up coaching the Pats.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This made me laugh

It's even more puzzling when you consider that in the ONLY season in which Shane was the official oc of the Chargers Justin Herbert burst on the scene as a rookie under Shane's guidance winning the ROY award. To this day Herbert speaks highly of Steichen and credits him for his early success that some say has not been matched since Shane's departure.

The same can be said for Hurts and the Philly offense who look far less dominant and aggressive despite basically having the same cast. More and more the loss of Steichen is apparent as commentators have pointed the fact out. The dynamic plays that were a staple in their offense is now missing.

I'm just glad we FINALLY hired that young rising star of a coach that can stand on his OWN merits. By the way Shane has assembled a nice coaching staff too. The o-line looks like a strength once again as they are starting to maul opponents and the often early maligned Fries is turning into a monster with a nasty streak right before your very eyes!! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's not that he hasn't assembled any, it's that he missed on a bunch with 2nd rounders before hitting. It took a while.

May be your opinion but may have said he missed period and should have gone for the Washington DE or draft one early this year.