Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers post game

GoColts8818

- Great rebound win after getting destroyed by the Bengals

- The OL played fantastic against a good front, especially in the run game.

- Great game by the backup RBs

- The D settled down nicely after the first quarter. They learned something after the Bengals destroyed them in the screen/short pass game.

- Getting EJ Speed back a lot.

1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

We swept the Titans. We beat the Patriots overseas. We beat the Steelers finally. Even if I tried to force myself to dwell on the negatives, there’s no way I can call this a bad season. :banana:

Doubled our wins from last year. 
Beat our hated rivals besides the Jags. 
Battling diversity and not giving up. 

This season is a success. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I know it didn’t end well in Indy for him but I always like Pagano.

Same! I love that he still lives here in the state and supports the team. It shows how special this organization really is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think Brents' play has been spotty all season. I like him as a prospect, but he's mistake prone and penalty prone, and I think that continues until he improves his technique. 

Honestly, he just need to play more.  He’s missed a lot of time this year and as a rookie you need the experience, especially at one of the hardest positions in the game.  availability is his number one problem right now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I know it didn’t end well in Indy for him but I always like Pagano.

Pagano was another good guy coach that just couldn’t put it all together. He wasn’t a total dumpster fire but he wasn’t the right guy either

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But but Ballard hasn’t assembled any pash rushers…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Man, Speed laid the lumber on three or four plays today. I think Frank’s demeanor brought about a soft team at times. Steichen is a wild card with an edge and the Colts play with more grit now. It cracked me up when he got hot at Tomlin and dropped out of victory formation. 

I laughed at Steichen running a few plays after Tomlin time out.  Just imagin the head scratching on the Steelers defensive coaches when both of their starting safty's were out, colts RUN 12 plays in a row, when normal thought would be to pick on them deep. Shane has got it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pagano was another good guy coach that just couldn’t put it all together. He wasn’t a total dumpster fire but he wasn’t the right guy either

But but Ballard hasn’t assembled any pash rushers…

It's not that he hasn't assembled any, it's that he missed on a bunch with 2nd rounders before hitting. It took a while.

1 minute ago, Lifetime Colt said:

I laughed at Steichen running a few plays after Tomlin time out.  Just imagin the head scratching on the Steelers defensive coaches when both of their starting safty's were out, colts RUN 12 plays in a row, when normal thought would be to pick on them deep. Shane has got it.

I remember in a game vs the Ravens the Colts were kneeling out the clock and the Ravens called timeouts so Peyton took a shot into the endzone.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's not that he hasn't assembled any, it's that he missed on a bunch with 2nd rounders before hitting. It took a while.

Okay and? Every GM has misses until he doesn’t. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah because no GM has EVER missed on a draft pick besides Ballard…

I’d honestly argue that the hardest position outside of QB to find a stud is an Edge Rusher. With Left tackle being up there too

• Like 3

Today was all about getting the win. Huge bounce back from last week and honestly one of our best performances of the season when it mattered the most.

I was very impressed by how the team reacted to the injuries on Moss and Pitt. Instead of being discouraged by them the team kept soldiering on and the players really stepped up on offence to make up for them two being absent.

I feel bad for Pitt. He was on his way to a career day but Im sure the W will help him in his recovery.

Just now, richard pallo said:

On tv I was seeing mostly blue. There were a few for sure but I was expecting a lot more.

Fair enough. I’ll say this, it seemed to be extremely loud , Venturi remarked about it on the radio, said he couldn’t remember the last time Lucas Oil was that loud

Just now, csmopar said:

Fair enough. I’ll say this, it seemed to be extremely loud , Venturi remarked about it on the radio, said he couldn’t remember the last time Lucas Oil was that loud

Yeah tv did an awful job micing the stadium.  When Eisen wasn’t trying to be funny or praying for the Steelers to do ANYTHING so they would have a game he remarked several times about how the Colts fans were going nuts and it was loud in there.  Probably have to go back to Taylor’s run to beat the Pats a few years ago to find a game where it’s been that loud.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah because no GM has EVER missed on a draft pick besides Ballard…

Don't pull that garbage on me. You know good and well how bad he was picking EDGE rushers. He missed on Turay, Banogu, Lewis for a long time, Basham, and more before 2021 when he finally hit on Paye and Dayo. Just this year did they break out. This pass rush doesn't deserve any credit until this year finally. It was abysmal. 

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I was expecting to see more Steelers fans in the stands.  Not as bad as I was expecting.

There were a LOT of Steelers fans. The 3 sections surrounding me had 2X more Steelers fans as Colts. The Steelers fans were giving us Colts’ fans a hard time about a fan base allowing another to take over their home stadium. 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The Steelers were much louder the first 1 1/2 quarters than the Colts all game. There were  few moments the 2nd half the Colts were loud, but nothing like the last night games in Indy. 

Great game tho!

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Okay and? Every GM has misses until he doesn’t. 

I’d honestly argue that the hardest position outside of QB to find a stud is an Edge Rusher. With Left tackle being up there too

Most GMs that are as highly rated as Ballard still find ways to make the playoffs when they struggle at other positions. If we were doing that, I'd be more forgiving. It took 7 years to do so and hit on the EDGE position. The ironic thing is we still don't have our franchise qb playing until next year and we are possibly making the playoffs because the EDGE position has put us in such a better spot this year on defense. 

In hindsight, the Kazee hit was not as bad as it initially looked. Looks like technically, his back struck MPJ's helmet, not his head nor shoulder.

This was the initial impact; looks like his spine/upper back made first contact, which would actually put Kazee himself at a much higher risk.

The Kayvon Thibodeaux celebration was 100x worse.

Kazee.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah tv did an awful job micing the stadium.  When Eisen wasn’t trying to be funny or praying for the Steelers to do ANYTHING so they would have a game he remarked several times about how the Colts fans were going nuts and it was loud in there.  Probably have to go back to Taylor’s run to beat the Pats a few years ago to find a game where it’s been that loud.

I'll never forget that game. Took my Patriots fan wife and my oldest (at the time only) kid who was just recently potty trained. Spent the entire game taking him to the potty like 10+ times. It was right towards the end of the game and he said he has to go again. So off we went. As we were walking down the stairs out of our section, the crowd erupts, I look over and see JT running all the way down the field. I lift my son up and we run up the walkway with him high fiving everyone and giggling like crazy. It was a moment I'll never forget!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think Brents' play has been spotty all season. I like him as a prospect, but he's mistake prone and penalty prone, and I think that continues until he improves his technique. 

I think Jones is the more penalty prone one. He’s got a flag every game.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are going to have to sign Blackmon to an extension. So glad they put him in the right spot to maximize fis play making abilities. Thomas should be benched for cross. I thought cross would be a better box safety but he looked nice today.

Huh? The one play he made the 3rd string QB overthrew the ball the same way Zappe did. He just happened to be right where the overthrow was. Blackmon is bad in run defense and too small to be a real box defender.

10 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

In hindsight, the Kazee hit was not as bad as it initially looked. Looks like technically, his back struck MPJ's helmet, not his head nor shoulder.

This was the initial impact; looks like his spine/upper back made first contact, which would actually put Kazee himself at a much higher risk.

The Kayvon Thibodeaux celebration was 100x worse.

Kazee.jpg

Still , he lowered his head and hit a defenseless receiver, im glad he was ejected and it was the right call

• Like 2