Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs. Steelers

RollerColt

Betting line down to 1.5 from 2.5. I guess that's because Watt is playing. We getting Speed and Brents back , should help the D . Maybe Brents is limited until he shakes the rust off... but still.  Last week , I said early on the line should have been -3 and it did end up there. This week , I'll say that 1.5 is too low. Colts should be 3. Pittsburgh has been terrible and we at least "look" to be the better team. I bet early at 2.5 and am surprised to see it dropping.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

20-17 type of game, no doubt, Minshew and the Colts need to be patient for a grind it out type of game.

This is a very good point. This is probably a game that can just keep running even if they aren’t getting much because I doubt Steelers are going to score much. Patience is the key. There is no reason to come out throwing all over the field. If they come out throwing all over it’s going to get Minshew killed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dw49 said:

Betting line down to 1.5 from 2.5. I guess that's because Watt is playing. We getting Speed and Brents back , should help the D . Maybe Brents is limited until he shakes the rust off... but still.  Last week , I said early on the line should have been -3 and it did end up there. This week , I'll say that 1.5 is too low. Colts should be 3. Pittsburgh has been terrible and we at least "look" to be the better team. I bet early at 2.5 and am surprised to see it dropping.

Last week the line completely flipped, and Colts ended up (+3 point) underdog at Cincinnati.

So, I'm not surprised the line has dropped this week vs Pittsburgh. We get no respect. 

wouldn't be shocked if it ends up a pickem' or even flips to Colts home dogs by kickoff

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Last week the line completely flipped, and Colts ended up (+3 point) underdog at Cincinnati.

So, I'm not surprised the line has dropped this week vs Pittsburgh. We get no respect. 

wouldn't be shocked if it ends up a pickem' or even flips to Colts home dogs by kickoff

I got my bet in early at +2.5 .....I guess I'm glad I did but it may not matter. I think it could be a blowout. 

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Last week, 70% of the action was on the Bengals. The line had to move. This week, the money seems to be about even, but it's steadily creeping toward the Steelers, especially with Watt being cleared.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would you bet against the team you are a fan of?

Christmas Bonus.....Lol

I didn't bet that much, mostly because the Steelers are pathetic on offense. But historically and traditionally this game highly goes for the Steelers. Plus I mostly emptied off shore betting account because HardRock is now taking sports bets in Florida and wanted get my feet wet with them. 

As far as the colts are concerned, like some here said and JMV they really came up empty in a game they needwd.Not just that they lost, which is always a decent chance, but the effort, game plan, play calling etc... wasn't a way you want to see a team play in a pretty important game. 

So a question you could ask in stead of why bet against your team is why does a team seemingly come up with such disappointing performances in many games of high importance? .....like the way they ended the season two years ago with losses to the raiders and jaguars  and the loss in Duvall county was a total beat down by a 5 win team with the playoffs on the line! And I won't remind myself of all the one & dones from the  Polian/Dungy/Manning days which were the Best teams fielded by far since the move to Indy and yet many ended in such disappointment and frustration. 

Bottom line, this team has a way of laying a egg when they need to come up big or even at least a good effort.

But Like I said, I didn't wager enough to actually root for the Steelers to win. 

I'm actually looking forward to April, that's when MLB starts and that's my expertise but unless it goes online I will have to commute 30 miles to pompano or 44 miles to Hardrock  Hollywood each way. That will interfere with some of my  activities......like napping haha 

• Like 1

Bored Cabin Fever GIF" Should I sell my tickets?" My son is a Steelers Fan and we are having a "get-together" at my place. If you sell your ticket(s), you can by and have a good time with good food, drinks, and spend the night if you are too tired to leave...:sarcasm:....................................GO TO THE GAME!

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers are very bad at LB with injuries. They need to get it out quick and take advantage of the short game. Thdy are not good at stopping the run so need to take advantage of that. Steelers are also running ball well on offense.

last game we did not stop the run

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers are very bad at LB with injuries. They need to get it out quick and take advantage of the short game. Thdy are not good at stopping the run so need to take advantage of that. Steelers are also running ball well on offense.

Colts haven't  run ball all that well since  taylor and Smith got hurt. When it comes to having the steelers they could be 0-16 and they would find a way to beat us.

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I see a bigger gap between our offense and their offense than their defense and our defense... Amiright??

Let's get this win!!

Yes I think you’re right. Key for colts is not getting in 3rd and longs and staying on schedule. If they can do that it will help nullify the Steelers pash rush. If not it will be a long day. That’s where Steelers have the edge in defense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Is watt in or out? I haven’t looked into it.

I just sure hope we win….this IS a playoff game for the colts; lose this one and you probably miss out on the postseason. They better all show up…creative Steichen included.

He is playing

54 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Many Steeler fans don't trust Trubisky. They like that Watt and Highsmith are playing, but don't think that their offense can do much and are wary of the Colts. This could be low scoring, but the NFL is unpredictable especially with playoffs on the line. 

Trubisky is tough, and a very good runner. Our defense has to keep him contained

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

Booger McFarlin just said on Pardon The Interruption the Steelers have their coach and #90 Watt are the only two good things in Pittsburgh vs. Indy. Hope he is right. Kornheiser said there is infighting among the Steeler players in the locker room.

I think you can add the refs to the list of good things going for the steelers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mighty Blue said:

I am off tomorrow so I can have more than one beer:headspin:

My son will do the cookin’ and I will make sure the recliner functions properly :td::sleepy::cheer2::sleepy::cheer:

I predict we win by 3 points:rock:

Go Colts!IMG_3015.jpeg.1181574079736d6f1087a180b770411f.jpeg

Just make sure to watch the game today.

Be a bummer to be ready to turn the game on tomorrow and see the Titans and Texans. 

This is another winnable game.  Trubitsky is a maroon.  Take away his run game and he's going to need an adult diaper standing in that pocket.

Steelers defense when it's at its best is very nasty.  But whatever we get today just play field position and be patient.  The advantage the Colts have on defense vs Trubitsky should be enough to have the field position edge and points should follow.

• Like 1