Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Richardson’s Injury

coltsfeva

New Podcast about sports injuries, this first one is about shoulder strains and specifically about AR’s case.
  When I heard Alex Smith’s experience, I thought “Oh no, this could be bad for AR. But the host emphasized there have been developments since Smith’s experience (I’m assuming the tight rope surgery). Brock Bower’s from Georgia is back playing, although it was a high ankle sprain.

I just hope AR doesn’t lose the arm strength. Can’t wait to see this young man develop into a force for the Colts!! 

I’m sure AR’s rehab will probably involve swinging tennis rackets like Andrew Luck, where you don’t have to let go but still use your shoulder, less strain on the shoulder. :) 

Besides, if you have thrown anything, tennis balls or a football, you’d know the forearm and wrist have as much to do as the shoulder, for distance and accuracy. AR will be fine.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel pretty good in saying that AR will be 100% healthy coming into next year. His whole body should feel like a million dollars. Now he also has a little experience too in the NFL with the 4 games he played in which is bigger than a lot think. I am seeing him having a good year in 2024.

And let’s not forget the new turf field so should some 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

I’m sure AR’s rehab will probably involve swinging tennis rackets like Andrew Luck, where you don’t have to let go but still use your shoulder, less strain on the shoulder. :) 

Besides, if you have thrown anything, tennis balls or a football, you’d know the forearm and wrist have as much to do as the shoulder, for distance and accuracy. AR will be fine.

Just so long as his rehab doesn’t include snowboarding.:rock:

On 11/28/2023 at 7:52 PM, ImissPeyton18 said:

He will probably be just like all the other running qb's. He will win a few games a year, just enough to miss the first 15 picks in every draft, and will have the fans every year wanting to see more. Welcome to mediocrity! You better sign minshew to a long term deal quickly!

All these flavors and you had to choose salty. 

• Like 1

He will probably be just like all the other running qb's. He will win a few games a year, just enough to miss the first 15 picks in every draft, and will have the fans every year wanting to see more. Welcome to mediocrity! You better sign minshew to a long term deal quickly!

Dear God…

• Thanks 2

Name checks out… 

God bless you…

But I’ll play your game:

Lamar Jackson has the Ravens currently in the #1 seed for the AFC. Seems to be working out just fine for him.

Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, John Elway and Michael Vick all had plenty of success and it worked out pretty well for those guys too. 

Dual threat QBs have been around as long as the NFL merger. 

Do better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Name checks out… 

God bless you…

But I’ll play your game:

Lamar Jackson has the Ravens currently in the #1 seed for the AFC. Seems to be working out just fine for him.

Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, John Elway and Michael Vick all had plenty of success and it worked out pretty well for those guys too. 

Dual threat QBs have been around as long as the NFL merger. 

Do better.

Hurts for the NFC ain't doing too bad either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QBs get hurt, runners or not. Some are exceptionally smart at avoiding contact, like TB and PM.  And even they had season ending injuries.

You need a mobile QB, and I hope that AR is more Mahomes than Lamar (who’s played 12 games the last two seasons, so the jury is still out on him).  

RG3 and Luck both had career ending injuries.   Look how many starters are out this year.  

All that being said, there are a lot of very good QBs in this draft.  Just sayin…

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 6:52 PM, ImissPeyton18 said:

could happen I guess.

18 hours ago, Smonroe said:

QBs get hurt, runners or not. Some are exceptionally smart at avoiding contact, like TB and PM.  And even they had season ending injuries.

You need a mobile QB, and I hope that AR is more Mahomes than Lamar (who’s played 12 games the last two seasons, so the jury is still out on him).  

RG3 and Luck both had career ending injuries.   Look how many starters are out this year.  

All that being said, there are a lot of very good QBs in this draft.  Just sayin…

what are the odds of the Colts taking a qb in nexts years draft?

.....and YOU THINK minshew will raise this team above mediocrity??? haha

On 11/30/2023 at 4:58 PM, Smonroe said:

You don't NEED a mobile QB. You NEED a QB that can pass. 

Luck didn't suffer a career ending injury. 

4 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Yes you do.

And Potato patahto.  Luck ended his career because of injuries.  If you want to go down that rabbit hole, you're on your own.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I think it’s pretty clear his point was more that his career was ended by injuries which it was same with RG3.  If we can pickup what someone means do we need to play gotcha?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Yes you do.

And Potato patahto.  Luck ended his career because of injuries.  If you want to go down that rabbit hole, you're on your own.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He may not have suffered a career ending injury but he said he was in constant pain for four straight years.   Isn’t that enough? 

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think it’s pretty clear his point was more that his career was ended by injuries which it was same with RG3.  If we can pickup what someone means do we need to play gotcha?

No, it's not the same. I don't know why you Luck fans want to pretend it is. 

Luck fan: HE SUFFERED A CAREER ENDING INJURY!" 

(proceeds to get called out on the false narrative) 

Luck fan: "POTATO POTAHTO!"

So ridiculous. 

He chose to quit. I'm pretty sure most players are in pain through out the season. He was able to still physically play if he wanted to; he didn't. Injuries and pain are a part of football; it's a rough sport. 

And if it is all the same (it isn't) no body should bat an eye when I say he didn't suffer a career ending injury. 

He quit...

...for multiple reasons. 

But it all boils down to a deliberate decision of quitting. 

Career ending injury implies he had no choice, but that is false. 

He chose to quit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

So ridiculous. 

He chose to quit. I'm pretty sure most players are in pain through out the season. He was able to still physically play if he wanted to; he didn't. Injuries and pain are a part of football; it's a rough sport. 

And if it is all the same (it isn't) no body should bat an eye when I say he didn't suffer a career ending injury. 

He quit...

...for multiple reasons. 

He chose to quit. 

This was 100% correct. He didn’t like who he became when he was rehabbing too. He chose his wife over his career. It’s  pretty straight forward. It’s also ok he did this. It’s pretty admirable to give it all up like this. He just should of waited until after the season.

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

So ridiculous. 

He quit...

...for multiple reasons. 

He chose to quit. 

If you see Alice down there, tell her I said Hi!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

He chose to quit before his body chose it for him.    Who are you to tell another person how to live their life?   He should have done it before the draft is my only issue

3 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

So ridiculous. 

He quit...

...for multiple reasons. 

He chose to quit. 

So you’re saying injuries had nothing to do with Luck deciding to retire? 

52 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

So you’re saying injuries had nothing to do with Luck deciding to retire? 

I think what he is saying is this: Luck did not suffer any injury that prevented him from continuing to perform his role. Luck choose to retire because of his injuries; but there was never an injury that prevented Andrew Luck from continuing as a franchise QB in the NFL.

Luck chose to quit because he was tired of being injured. But he was not forced into retirement because his injuries prevented him from performing, if he'd have chosen to continue. 

12 minutes ago, lester said:

I think what he is saying is this: Luck did not suffer any injury that prevented him from continuing to perform his role. Luck choose to retire because of his injuries; but there was never an injury that prevented Andrew Luck from continuing as a franchise QB in the NFL.

Luck chose to quit because he was tired of being injured. But he was not forced into retirement because his injuries prevented him from performing, if he'd have chosen to continue. 

For all we know, going into 2019 Luck could’ve been out for an extended time, even possibly missing the season anyway. So many act like he wasn’t injured when he decided to retire, and that if he would’ve stayed with the team he would be playing and the season would’ve been saved. 

Even after retiring he was still rehabbing at the team facility. So was it a career ending injury? No. But it was enough that he was going to have to go through recovery and rehab all over again. That particular injury was enough for him to say enough is enough. 

I guess the case can be made it was all Luck’s fault for 2019. But from 2020 on it was squarely on the team to figure out what to do. I don’t agree with this whole hatred against him for “setting the team back decades”. The team came up with the plan after 2019 ended. And it ended up being the wrong plan in the end. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He chose to quit before his body chose it for him.    Who are you to tell another person how to live their life?   He should have done it before the draft is my only issue

When did I tell anyone how to live their life?

You Luck fans get real delusional and defensive.