Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They got every borderline key call, it wasn't just 1 call like I said earlier. It was like 5 as a whole. I am one that thinks blaming the REFS is usually a cop out, but sorry folks - NOT TODAY! I wasn't born yesterday. homer simpson whatever GIF- hey Eddie just confronted Victor Maintland lmao , great classic.

If this would have been a playoff game and we had a legit shot of winning something big, there would have been a shoe stuck in the middle of my TV!

I really don't understand the Ballard hate right now, frankly he had an amazing offseason. Steichen looks like the right choice. The addition of Matt Gay, Minshew look like great moves, shoot you can go back to the trade for Moss last year has aged very well. Then looking at the Draft Richardson has looked good (just needs to get healthy, but hey even Burrow tore his ACL his first year), Brents has played very well for a rookie, Downs is showing to be a playmaker, Mallory has made some big plays as a 5th rounder and the most amazing Jaylon Jones has quietly been pretty good starter considering he was a 7th round pick. Not saying he hasn't made some pretty bad mistakes but this team is trending in the right direction and change for the sake of change is not a good thing. I think we learned that when Irsay decided to move on from Caldwell and Polian for Grigson and Pagano.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It would be a boost to Bradley’s defense if Leonard returned to full form. He has been mostly a passenger on the defense since returning.  He seemed a little more involved today, but was washed out quite a bit at the point of attack.  

Leonard used to be always around the ball and created his share of turnovers.  Hopefully he starts to make a bigger impact or the colts are going to have to make a decision on him, and the contract he is carrying.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Couldnt you say that to the other side of my discussion also?  It might be best you don't post on here since you don't seem to understand a message board.  I come here for a good debate or discussion. That's what I'm having.  Just sharing my opinion.  Thank you to the people who responded with intelligence, I love a good back and forth.

I think the issue is that people have disagreed with you and you can’t let it go.  And I do understand a message board.  I stated my opinion, you disagreed and said it was best I don’t post on here.  Some would call that ironic.

Just now, Zoltan said:

I really don't understand the Ballard hate right now, frankly he had an amazing offseason. Steichen looks like the right choice. The addition of Matt Gay, Minshew look like great moves, shoot you can go back to the trade for Moss last year has aged very well. Then looking at the Draft Richardson has looked good (just needs to get healthy, but hey even Burrow tore his ACL his first year), Brents has played very well for a rookie, Downs is showing to be a playmaker, Mallory has made some big plays as a 5th rounder and the most amazing Jaylon Jones has quietly been pretty good starter considering he was a 7th round pick. Not saying he hasn't made some pretty bad mistakes but this team is trending in the right direction and change for the sake of change is not a good thing. I think we learned that when Irsay decided to move on from Caldwell and Polian for Grigson and Pagano.

Because people can’t let the past go.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

As loyal Colts fans it is natural to get down and a little negative after a loss, but personally I feel much different this year after a loss than last year. There is reason for optimism.
Although hurt, Richardson’s learning curve appears to be much shorter than anyone anticipated. The Moss trade is turning out to be an absolute steal. Downs and Brent are already in position to heavily contribute. Today we had late round draft picks lined up against an all pro DE and a #1 WR - A very tall order. 
‘last year I cannot count the number of games we entered the fourth quarter with large defecits.

This is a much different feel this year- for me anyway.

If more fans saw it this way, they would be feeling better. I agree with you. It is great to see young guys contributing so early in their careers. It is a sign of the future.

That does not take away the feeling that this loss was stolen from them. But there are lots of positives to keep Colts fans optimistic.

• Like 3

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-7-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

Shane Steichen is the right coach to lead the Colts. Sure, Indianapolis lost in heartbreaking fashion, but the fact that the Colts were able to find consistent success against the NFL's top defense should stand as an achievement for Steichen. He devised a fantastic game plan that focused on Cleveland's defensive tendencies and weaknesses, running a ton of traffic through the Browns' vaunted man coverage and reaping the benefits. Steichen kept Cleveland on its heels with his rushing attack, dialing up direct snaps to running backs and leaning on read options in scoring situations, and they paid off. It didn't produce a win for the Colts, but under Steichen's direction, Minshew was able to bounce back from last week’s disaster and nearly led the Colts to a win. That deserves praise.

-Nick Shook, NFL.com

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You can’t take a look at penalty calls.  

I think what he is referring to is, there were a couple of calls earlier in the game where the Ref called a penalty, then they all gathered and said no penalty will be called. I know the Browns got flagged for an illegal man downfield late in the game, but then the flag was picked up after the REFS got together and discussed it and they said no penalty. That should have happened at the end of the game on our legit strip sack and bogus PI.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think what he is referring to is, there were a couple of calls earlier in the game where the Ref called a penalty, then they all gathered and said no penalty will be called. I know the Browns got flagged for an illegal man downfield late in the game, but then the flag was picked up after the REFS got together and discussed it and they said no penalty. That should have happened at the end of the game on our legit strip sack and bogus PI.

I’m starting to think you’re not paying attention to Eddie lol

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's where he moved the goal post to.

15 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I think it’s because people have cast judgement on Ballard and are now interested in being right.  We see that all the time here. The most recent examples are Pittman and Taylor’s contract.

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Freeland has struggled in pass pro but he had been a elite run blocker. I hope smith is back next week.

Do saints have any edge defenders we should be worried about? I know they have Jordan. Anyone else.

I also hope people start appreciating how good of a tackle Smith is and stop calling for him to be moved to guard just because that’s what he played on college.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

Illegal contact is not reviewable. Think everyone knows that.(except these refs apparently)

I did just watch it back and the ref did start to go to the sidelines to look at it, then stopped and announced it stood.

My guess, is that the league told him in his ear that the play wasn't reviewable.?

That’s what I’m wondering

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Trust me, as a person that has played football before… it’s harder said then done to hold onto the ball when you don’t see and 6ft+ 285 lb man coming full speed blindside tackle you. To just say you have to hold onto the ball is showing us you clearly don’t know football and what it’s like to be hit. 

Sure, experience helps to understand. But not many QBs have eight turnovers the past two weeks (not all fumbles, I know.) Colts are 3-0 when winning the turnover battle. Minshew is cool and most of us dig him but he is killing us with turnovers. 

• Like 1

Just watched the game myself…Minshew was as good as he was bad…completely sucked turning the ball over especially in the end zone that resulted in the browns getting a TD..but I’m a bit peeved with SS for calling the play he did. We needed to run it out of there. Also, SS went run heavy when on the series we were up by a few points and we got stuffed…should have mixed it up a bit there. Still a great game…shame we lost in the fashion we did.

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Freeland has struggled in pass pro but he had been a elite run blocker. I hope smith is back next week.

Do saints have any edge defenders we should be worried about? I know they have Jordan. Anyone else.

Does not seem like they have anyone to really fear (like Garrett or Josh Allen)...

DE Carl Granderson leads the team with 4.5 sacks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Might be best for you to write a letter to the organization, share your credentials, and let them know your thoughts.  Best of luck with that. 

No, sending a letter is not necessary. The forum is here for folks to exchange thoughts, ideas and opinions. Not everyone will agree with each other. That is okay.

59 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It might be best you don't post on here since you don't seem to understand a message board. 

Everyone can post here as long as they do so in a civil manner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbear said:

Heard they lost and felt lousy.  Just watched the game and feel pretty good. This team is way better than I thought they would be and fun to watch. 

Honestly there is a lot to take away that’s good from this game. We overcame a lot of obstacles, which is why I’m frustrated at how it ended.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s good news. Taking a step back colts have had to face some elite pass rushers the last few weeks.  Should get easier if smith comes back too.

Right, but maybe they will blitz us. I know they say the Saints have a really good defense. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wish they would.

(I know that doing so would slow down the game.)

Did folks like it when Pass Interference calls can be reviewed?

I’d only like it if you took out of the hands of the officials on the field.  I like that college has separate officials apart of all crews that handles all reviews and takes it out of the hands of the guys on the field.

• Like 1