Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grover Stewart suspended six games for PED violation (merge)

coltsfan_canada

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

This locker room has been complete and utter failure for a while now. Lack of leadership(or nagative leadership) on multiple levels. This whole thing started to disintegrate with their response to the pandemic - the worst team with their response to the pandemic, a team captain lying to media about being vaccinated, then they all got sick for the most important games and % the bed in TWO "win and you're in" games for the playoffs... then the %show of a season last year... then a player caught betting... on his own team, then another player caught with PEDs... 

There is just something lacking in this locker room.  

I don’t disagree. I don’t see fire from colts leaders. It’s always oh shucks we lost. Even from Buckner.

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

This is great news be embarrassing  for Marvin Harrison  lol

There is nothing great about losing football games. The only time this is good is when you need a QB.

It’s going to be interesting what happens with Ballard if this season goes south. None of this is his fault but Irsay is crazy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

This locker room has been complete and utter failure for a while now. Lack of leadership(or nagative leadership) on multiple levels. This whole thing started to disintegrate with their response to the pandemic - the worst team with their response to the pandemic, a team captain lying to media about being vaccinated, then they all got sick for the most important games and % the bed in TWO "win and you're in" games for the playoffs... then the %show of a season last year... then a player caught betting... on his own team, then another player caught with PEDs... 

There is just something lacking in this locker room.  

I don't know if I would be as harsh as you about this.

But the stuff as you describe it sounds more like a collection of players that don't have the proper personalities.  IMO, its not something that can be guided/changed by some type of locker room nanny imposing their character onto players that have different character.

Now, I'm not characterizing it as a character issue, but what you describe sound like a personality issue that can't be fixed by a policy.  

IMO, its a sign of a locker room that has a collection of players that are less talented...less than the whole package needed....than the typical team and are overachieving physically and mentally just to stay 500.

Maybe too many humans that are high "RAS" with high individual ceilings...but not a demonstrated history of being the type it takes to be good team football players?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

On a positive note: Lawrence might not play Thursday. 

And just to be clear, I don’t wish injury on anyone. But him not playing only helps us. 

Tyson Campbell might not either. Trevor did say he will do everything to try and play. At this rate it doesn’t matter anymore. Texans will finish ahead of colts. 

27 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

I'll play "devil's advocate" - and - remind you that if he and the NFLPA feel that this suspension is unwarranted - they can appeal the decision.

Fingers crossed that the suspension is either dropped - OR - reduced in length.

Meanwhile back on planet earth. 

We don't really have a backup for Grover. He is the only true NT. Everyone else is 3T or just a gap shooter. We're gonna need to draft another big boy DT this year. If we don't have someone to eat blocks our 3T and lb core are gonna suffer.

• Like 3

I'm always skeptical of the 'I didn't know' response to PED suspensions. I'm not an absolute moralist about PEDs, but being an NFL player and getting caught using PEDs is really stupid.

Also, for clarification, PED suspensions for anabolic agents are six games for the first violation, 17 games for the second violation. Suspensions for masking agents are two games for the first violation, five games for the second violation. So whenever you see a six game PED violation, it's for PEDs, not masking agents, not manipulating a test. So Grover tested positive for an anabolic agent, or something similar, like HGH. (I believe they changed the suspensions specifically to provide transparency.)

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Legal/07-17-2023-FOR-DISTRIBUTION-2023-Policy-on-Performance-Enhancing-Substances-final.pdf

Substance abuse suspensions are different.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• Superman changed the title to Grover Stewart suspended six games for PED violation (merge)

The Hits just keep on rolling! The Indianapolis Colts Brand is currently tarnished, there is always something! I love the Irsay’s and the “Kicking the Stigma” initiative. It’s a shame the stigma of bad luck or self imposed poor judgement by its players keep us at the top of the headline page.