Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

53 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So if the rumours r true then why do u think they retain Pittman. Do u really think they will give away draft capital and then sign Jeudy and then Pittman? I honestly know nothing bout Jeudy but this team is desperately craving a deep threat.

Thats a solid question. My angle is Shane sees some something in Jeudy that he isn’t seeing from one of the two receivers. Jeudy provides a deep threat that we desperately need. 

If you think about it Shane is trying to make our offense unstoppable. Jeudy takes the top off the defense, Downs carves up the middle, Pittman plays X, Taylor/Moss force you to load the box, Anthony the dual threat QB. 

Scary combo if you think about it. We’ll see what happens the following days. 

• Like 1

I'll say it again for the fans in the back to hear me.  Take talent evaluation from Steve Smith with a grain of salt.  He gushed over Jonathan Mingo and Treylon Burks as his 2 favorite young WRs to bust out and become great this year.  Can we say swing hard and a big miss even harder?  Listening to the very pompous Steve Smith is bad for your health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Thats a solid question. My angle is Shane sees some something in Jeudy that he isn’t seeing from one of the two receivers. Jeudy provides a deep threat that we desperately need. 

If you think about it Shane is trying to make our offense unstoppable. Jeudy takes the top off the defense, Downs carves up the middle, Pittman plays X, Taylor/Moss force you to load the box, Anthony the dual threat QB. 

Scary combo if you think about it. We’ll see what happens the following days. 

I bet if they get Jeudy and who knows about rumours, I bet they let Pittman walk.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Likd they always say if you want a player bad enough you will make room.

Jeudy is under the fifth year option in 24. He doesn’t need a contact till 24 season is over.

That's why I am not sure if I believe the  rumours. Rarely would a team trade for a guy who is going to be  a free agent  unless u were going for it all. U trade for Jeudy and then u have to look at signing him. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I ma not sure how it works if the Colts got him and then he signed with another team. Do the Colts get a comp pick?

13 minutes ago, nyyankeechris said:

I'll say it again for the fans in the back to hear me.  Take talent evaluation from Steve Smith with a grain of salt.  He gushed over Jonathan Mingo and Treylon Burks as his 2 favorite young WRs to bust out and become great this year.  Can we say swing hard and a big miss even harder?  Listening to the very pompous Steve Smith is bad for your health.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/7/11/23790667/future-hall-of-famer-steve-smith-sr-has-high-praise-for-colts-rookie-wideout-josh-downs

I guess u r right!!

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That's why I am not sure if I believe the  rumours. Rarely would a team trade for a guy who is going to be  a free agent  unless u were going for it all. U trade for Jeudy and then u have to look at signing him. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I ma not sure how it works if the Colts got him and then he signed with another team. Do the Colts get a comp pick?

He isn’t going to be a FA. We would have this year and next to decide.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I bet if they get Jeudy and who knows about rumours, I bet they let Pittman walk.

That would defeat the purpose  of getting  jeudy. The idea is to help take pressure  off Pittman. We don't want an offense  with just downs and jeudy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

Steve Smiths option doesn’t make Jeudy any less of an average WR. He is jus an average Wr. We would be better just drafting one and get same results.

Why not do both. Jeudy can help us out this year and we can still add another next year if needed

3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

It’s a no from me. I just don’t see the hype. 

How many snaps do you think he has run in 5 games? And you want us to decide off 2 or 3 snaps?  I bet you I can find some of these same clips on most wr at some point in a game. 

1 hour ago, nyyankeechris said:

I think Bryce Young will eventually be good but it's not showing up much right now. Steve Smith was all over Young as well.

I wouldn't go higher than a 4th round pick for him, and I think that may be high because since he has been in the league is catch rate has been between 44-67%. 44% being the worst year and his rookie year ranking 200th out of qualifying receivers and his best year last year was 67% but he was still 101st in the league among qualified receivers. So bringing in a receiver who has a problem catching the ball doesn't seem like the best thing for a rookie when we already have Pierce lol

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

That would defeat the purpose  of getting  jeudy. The idea is to help take pressure  off Pittman. We don't want an offense  with just downs and jeudy

So u r going to trade for Jeudy and have him and Pittman as free agents that need to be signed in 2024?

3 hours ago, krunk said:

How many snaps do you think he has run in 5 games? And you want us to decide off 2 or 3 snaps?  I bet you I can find some of these same clips on most wr at some point in a game. 

2 or 3 snaps? Dude there’s half a dozen snaps in that video alone. 

And it’s not the only one out there like it. There’s been a few of them passed around twitter today, all showing the same kind of stuff. 

Love him all you want. I don’t. 

If I’m giving up a 3rd rounder, I’d ask the Broncos for Justin Simmons, he could marshal the secondary from the safety position for the future. It’s a deep WR class but not many good free safeties around. We saw what Jesse Bates of Bengals got in FA from Falcons, I’d pay secondary players over LBs if I had to choose. For a Seahawks like D they want to implement, that free safety is key, IMO.

Otherwise plenty of young WRs in this WR deep draft to choose from on Day 1 or 2 of the draft, IMO.

There is no one on that team I would give even a 7th rounder for. Hell I wouldn’t sign any of them for more than a Dollar. Usually, even when a team is a dumpster fire, there’s one or two that are standouts, but that roster has no one that standouts out to me on it

35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

There is no one on that team I would give even a 7th rounder for. Hell I wouldn’t sign any of them for more than a Dollar. Usually, even when a team is a dumpster fire, there’s one or two that are standouts, but that roster has no one that standouts out to me on it

Oh I would easily give a 7th for Surtain. In a heartbeat

• Like 1

19 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Maybe more Pierce than Pittman. Pittman does a lot of dirty work that gets unnoticed. 

Either way it’s refreshing to have a coach make it point to shore up a glaring weakness on our passing attack. First Hamler, now Jeudy. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprising to see us draft a WR in the first round this year. 

WR, CB, S, DE and DT are all possible in the first round. First four could use the boost from 1st round talent and DT bc I see us losing Grover or Buckner in the next year or two bc of financials. 

As far a Jeudy, Day 3 pick would make it worth exploring. I believe he has had health issues and will be due an extension shortly so both drive the price down. I could see a team like the Bills could overpay bc they are ready to contend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

WR, CB, S, DE and DT are all possible in the first round. First four could use the boost from 1st round talent and DT bc I see us losing Grover or Buckner in the next year or two bc of financials. 

As far a Jeudy, Day 3 pick would make it worth exploring. I believe he has had health issues and will be due an extension shortly so both drive the price down. I could see a team like the Bills could overpay bc they are ready to contend. 

Bills really need a rb not another receiver.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Bills really need a rb not another receiver.

Probably, threw their name out there bc it was the first team I thought of that always seems close but not enough. I honestly think they are more than one player away and missed their opportunity a couple years ago to go all in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Judy makes no sense. He is a mediocrity in every sense and we would be stuck with his 5th year option salary. Plumb crazy.

We have to do better than him long term.

They didn’t have to give him the 5th year option but they did.  That should tell you they think he is a valuable player and they were expecting Wilson to have a big bounce back.  He hasn’t.

55 minutes ago, csmopar said:

aren't you the one who thought Stroud would be a bust?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Probably, threw their name out there bc it was the first team I thought of that always seems close but not enough. I honestly think they are more than one player away and missed their opportunity a couple years ago to go all in. 

I live in western New York.  No one can believe they have done nothing to improve their running game and they play in an outdoor stadium.  They’re one decent back they trade to the Colts in Moss.  They have drafted a couple but so far nothing.  And everyone says finding a rb in the draft is not hard.  Right. 

• Like 1