Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson to IR

Old Colt

9 hours ago, dw49 said:

Looks like a unique city to say the least.

Well it is a busy time for us. We have lake front so we have been very busy shutting that down for the winter. Then recently  had to drive 8 hours to get my motorcycle for serviced. Plus we have 2 dogs and a cat.

31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well it is a busy time for us. We have lake front so we have been very busy shutting that down for the winter. Then recently  had to drive 8 hours to get my motorcycle for serviced. Plus we have 2 dogs and a cat.

What kind of fish in your lake ?

1 hour ago, Architects08 said:

Colts considering season ending surgery for AR. Per Rapsheet on twitter. I don’t know how to embed tweets. 

Yeah he is out for the season. I think it is the right route to go. He at least had 4 games of NFL experience which is valuable. He will learn from it. This will insure he will comeback 100% next season. Some people in here will jump off a cliff but I expected it, and fine with it. We can still have a good season without him. I am focused on winning today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will be good next season, I am convinced of that after what I have seen of him. No worries my friend.

I hope so. It's just so disappointing. He needed reps so much. And now all he gets this season are what? 2 games... :( 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he is out for the season. I think it is the right route to go. He at least had 4 games of NFL experience which is valuable. He will learn from it. This will insure he will comeback 100% next season. Some people in here will jump off a cliff but I expected it, and fine with it. We can still have a good season without him. I am focused on winning today.

As did I. And infact I’m good with it. Let’s get it fixed right and have 11 months to heal up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the best option so he doesn’t hurt it again.  Stafford hurt his his rookie year and ended yo hurting it twice his second season before having surgery. Then he was healthy for 8 years. He will be ready to go by may or June. What sucks is he can’t work on his mechanics early in the off season.

Now we must make playoffs or nothing was accomplished this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I'm no doctor but I am not sure I have ever heard of a sprained ligament requiring surgery

If it'll prevent future risk then by all means do it & sit him down until 2024

Stafford hurt his rookie season. He reinjured it twice his second season. Then finally had surgery. Then he was healthy for 8 years.it’s best to repair it so it doesn’t happen again.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stafford hurt his rookie season. He reinjured it twice his second season. Then finally had surgery. Then he was healthy for 8 years.it’s best to repair it so it doesn’t happen again.

While it stinks, Minshew has proven to be capable…Richardson is very young too, starts next season at age 22, so if this is a long term fix, it’s worth it.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I was thinking like this around Thursday and Friday.

The more opinions they are getting the higher the odds of surgery. If you look at any team in the NFL, that usually the case when you start seeing 2, 3 and more opinions

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Bengals went to the SB the year after burrow missed  most of his rookie season. Colts probably won’t get chase but at least we can see the light. Just delayed satisfaction.

I’m still hoping for a game changer WR, whoever that may be

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He looked alot better than I even thought. I think these Injuries will make him play smarter.

He just needs to slide or run out of bounds like other mobile qbs.

He is playing like he did at Florida. He is trying to deliver the hit or run over the defense. 

The difference is Florida was natural grass so when he was thrown hard to the grass he just got back up.

Both of his injuries the concussion and sprained AC occurred being thrown hard on the bad Colts astroturf

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am honestly not shocked.  It seems like once the word surgery comes up that ends up being what happens.  Disappointed but this is what comes with taking running QBs they get hurt.  That’s why it’s important to have a good backup like Minshew.

After what happened with Luck, Irsay was taking 0 chances. It is the right choice.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Bengals went to the SB the year after burrow missed  most of his rookie season. Colts probably won’t get chase but at least we can see the light. Just delayed satisfaction.

Delayed gratification ;)

• Like 2

What I am reading is they are receiving multiple doctors opinions because there is no clear consensus one way or the other.  They don’t need to rush to any decision.  He might turn out to be a quick healer for all we know.  If it was me I would wait until the four week IR stint is up and see where he is.  Then make a decision.  It’s mid October.  It’s a long season.  Plenty of time to do the surgery route.

Well, I'm glad I didn't order Sunday ticket. Feel bad for anyone who ordered season tickets also. Chris Ballard has to be the most unlucky GM in NFL History. He's actually not a bad GM, and he repeatedly has to overcome injury after injury to everyone on his team. I'll check gametracker and box scores, but there's no interest from me anymore. This was the nail in the coffin if true. I'm completely apathetic towards the team now for this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, I'm glad I didn't order Sunday ticket. Feel bad for anyone who ordered season tickets also. Chris Ballard has to be the most unlucky GM in NFL History. He's actually not a bad GM, and he repeatedly has to overcome injury after injury to everyone on his team. I'll check gametracker and box scores, but there's no interest from me anymore. This was the nail in the coffin if true. I'm completely apathetic towards the team now for this year. 

Nah, we can still win the division or get into the playoffs. I am not going to let it ruin my season. We still have a good roster, we know AR can be good after what we have seen in his 4 games, and he will be 100% going into 2024. People are underestimating our team and how good Mustache is and that is fine, so be it. With the new Coach we have and with Taylor being back now, this is 10 times better than last year.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The great news here is that Richardson did not need as much development and we thought. He did not look bad for a rookie. So at least he didn’t need as much of a development year as we thought

There fixed it for you.  He still wasn't protecting himself like a vet QB knows how to do.  Still, he's fun to watch.

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My only concern is.. everyone keeps saying he needs to learn to protect himself.. dude has been tackled 3 times, normally. Nothing out of the norm. 

So what more can he do to protect himself? 

Yeah, there isn’t some super duper secret way to fall in the NFL. The tacklers usually determine how the QB goes down, unless the QB slides. AR is injury prone — that’s not controversial just a fact. Does anyone know how long surgery would keep him out? He’d be ready to go next season? 

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My only concern is.. everyone keeps saying he needs to learn to protect himself.. dude has been tackled 3 times, normally. Nothing out of the norm. 

So what more can he do to protect himself? 

Yeah I'm no doom and gloomer, but his career couldn't have started any more chaotic so to speak in terms of injury. 

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm worried about his long term outlook unfortunately.

• Like 1