Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Don’t know who this is or if true. Just passing  it along.

Don't see ogbah being included in deal.

He is 29(will be 30 in November), counts for $15.1m in 2023, $15.8m in 2024, $16.9m in 2025.

Would cost us almost $10m more than Taylor this year.

Coming off a season where he had 1 sack in 9 games and missed 8 games  Never had more than 9 sacks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, w87r said:

Don't see ogbah being included in deal.

He is 29, counts for $15.1m in 2023, $15.8m in 2024, $16.9m in 2025.

Would cost us almost $10m more than Taylor this year.

Coming off a season where he had 1 sack in 9 games and missed 8 games  Never had more than 9.

If they're dumping salary on us, then should get more than a 2nd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Hopefully Colts say no to that offer.  If that is all we can get then better to just keep Taylor away from the team for a year and let him walk.

That's not the offer.

I see zero reason we would want to bring in. 30yr old DE who makes $15m a season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, w87r said:

That's not the offer.

I see zero reason we would want to bring in. 30yr old DE who makes $15m a season.

Yeah makes zero sense we aren’t bringing in an old/overpaid DE when that group is already full of young players that we want to get on the field. 

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/interest-in-jonathan-taylor-is-lower-than-most-would-have-expected

Interest in Jonathan Taylor is lower than most would have expected

By

Mike Florio

...Maybe it’s just not happening.

Thirty-one teams. And only six called? And only two made offers?

It doesn’t bode well for the team and the player getting what they want.

Lol this is getting funny because I’ve also seen an article stating that interest is higher than expected 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah makes zero sense we aren’t bringing in an old/overpaid DE when that group is already full of young players that we want to get on the field. 

Lol this is getting funny because I’ve also seen an article stating that interest is higher than expected 

JT's agent is a keyboard warrior to make people believe there is interest lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not a great comparison for me. JT was hurt almost all year. Moss/Jackson couldn't do what Taylor did in 2021. We don't necessarily need them to, but there's clearly a difference between Moss/Jackson, and Taylor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

The more it seems like Taylor and his agent are steering toward Miami, the more inclined I would be to shut this all down, tell Taylor 'no trade, play here or don't play,' be prepared to put him on IR, and still be prepared to tag him in 2024.

Sounds like a good plan to be at this point

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

The more it seems like Taylor and his agent are steering toward Miami, the more inclined I would be to shut this all down, tell Taylor 'no trade, play here or don't play,' be prepared to put him on IR, and still be prepared to tag him in 2024.

And ask the league to do an investigation. Seize their communication and lets see if they can find something weird. Because there has definitely been something weird from the moment his agent started this %storm and started liking tweets about the Colts trading him to Miami before the trade request even being public. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yep. They haven’t played nice and neither should the colts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Is my memory failing me?  Or did JT's agent float the "Miami" word a couple/few weeks ago when this all started?

Starting to smell like a tampering situation.

Yes, he did. He was liking like... a dozen tweets suggesting the Colts should trade him to Miami. The interesting thing was... he was liking ONLY Miami tweets and none of the other fanbases' desires for their team to trade for Taylor. 

• Like 2