Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, csmopar said:

Sorry for your loss my friend

Yeah, she was a lot like my mom and loved the Colts. I was stunned to hear the news on Friday. She lives in KY so I haven't had a real close relationship with her but wish I would have. She wanted to be cremated. I have an uncle that lives down there and he and I talk a lot on the phone. My biological Father was cremated too, no funeral or anything. He passed away 4 years ago, doesn't seem like it. That crushed me for a while and I still think about him a lot. My father was something else, he told me son, just have me cremated when I pass, it will save you money and the grief being around people. He is right, thanks Pops. 

My uncle is a huge Tennessee fan, he is probably crying after they laid an egg at Cleveland yesterday haha .

• Like 2

Matt Gay = worth every penny

Brents looks legit

That Minshew pass to Moss was money!! Minshew is a tough dude - hats off to him and his play

Moss did a stellar job against a great defense

Great job by our O-line (except for those 3 unblocked sacks which were maddening)

Leonard looks cooked :(

That lady announcer sounded like a girl version Bob Euchre from Major League LOL

Steichen is the real deal!

36 minutes ago, r a y s k i said:

I don't necessarily agree with that, it's a historical issue and more so geographic than anything else.

You can see in this media age how ex players carve out newer and newer possibilities for themselves after their career and Indy simply isn't that location. 

Simply put Indy has never been attractive enough as an athletic location, not even w Manning or Luck, you need to have a certain type of character and that's exactly what Ballard has been aiming at ever since he took over. I believe he understood from the beginning that the Colts need to overpay to attract players elite or average(like Funchess) and its better to self develop and add if an opportunities arises but it is rare.

Anyway, that's my view on it.

And you may not be wrong. I’m sure there is a bunch of factors besides just being a contender. But being a contender gives you more opportunities to attract FA that might otherwise not even answer the phone call. 

then the other thing, more and more, we’re seeing people making a living off of Tik tok, instagram etc where location really doesn’t matter as much as it did even 5 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And you may not be wrong. I’m sure there is a bunch of factors besides just being a contender. But being a contender gives you more opportunities to attract FA that might otherwise not even answer the phone call. 

then the other thing, more and more, we’re seeing people making a living off of Tik tok, instagram etc where location really doesn’t matter as much as it did even 5 years ago. 

I get why you'd say that, but I think it does and McAfee has talked about the disadvantages of staying in Indianapolis as well. Fact of the matter is, there are just a lot more opportunities for everything on the coasts.

That being said, AR is gonna be as good of an FA magnet as there can be in Indianapolis and first job would be to extend JT if he still wants to be here. Definitely exciting times ahead. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was actually thinking that she didn't do a bad job.  Better to listen to than Romo, anyway...

She was bad, she has done Cubs as well (so I know her background well) and it is like listening to your grandma talk softly and ranting about nothing lmao . She also tends to have her favorites; she was rooting for the Ravens yesterday and it was obvious. Every time they would make a big play she got excited, when we did it was low key. When Tucker missed that kick, she was real quiet. Just things I pick up on :thmup:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, r a y s k i said:

I get why you'd say that, but I think it does and McAfee has talked about the disadvantages of staying in Indianapolis as well. Fact of the matter is, there are just a lot more opportunities for everything on the coasts.

That being said, AR is gonna be as good of an FA magnet as there can be in Indianapolis and first job would be to extend JT if he still wants to be here. Definitely exciting times ahead. 

Definitely agree about that. That’s why we’re a small market team and have always been. Is what it is. 

and yeah. Even yesterdays game with AR was exciting going in. There’s energy with this team this year. Something not felt in 3-4 years or longer. 

Great Win! It’s so fun to watch this team play. Minshew and Moss continue to deliver. Our defense is bending and not breaking, Gay was Clutch all day! 
My biggest concern is from a group that we all had higher expectations for, the tight ends. I was disappointed not to see Mallory active today and the production from the other 3 just wasn’t there today. 

Biggest needs next offseason are at RT, WR, and CB. Braden needs to be moved to RG as he’s not a good RT anymore, and we need another longterm WR on the outside opposite Pittman. Pierce should be our WR4. He’s not where he needs to be yet. Brents looks promising at CB and Moore is a good nickel corner but need more talent there. 

This is assuming JT stays with Indy btw. If he doesn’t that position becomes a need as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

No not the best but it was up there, too 3 for sure.

AV vs the ravens in 07 to get us to the AFCCG is number one.

AV 3 kicks in a blizzard including the game winner a couple years after that

Matt Vs the Ravens yesterday is how I’d rank it

I was responding that (Gay's kicking) may have been the best that I have watched, was meant as more of "a matter of my opinion". And not simply based on statistics. 

The game you picked (2007) AV hit on FGs from:

23 yards

42 yards

51 yards

48 yards 

35 yards

In the 2007 game the Colts held the lead throughout. 

I believe, Gay's hitting all four from 50+, when coming from behind, and the game winner, in OT was better

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Biggest needs next offseason are at RT, WR, and CB. Braden needs to be moved to RG as he’s not a good RT anymore, and we need another longterm WR on the outside opposite Pittman. Pierce should be our WR4. He’s not where he needs to be yet. Brents looks promising at CB and Moore is a good nickel corner but need more talent there. 

This is assuming JT stays with Indy btw. If he doesn’t that position becomes a need as well. 

RT?

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I was responding that (Gay's kicking) may have been the best that I have watched, was meant more of "a matter of my opinion". And not simply based on statistics. 

23 yards

42 yards

51 yards

48 yards 

35 yards

I believe, Gay's hitting all four from 50+, when coming from behind, and the game winner, in OT was a better

His kicks were long and right down the middle too. He gets my game ball and I rarely give it to a Kicker. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Great Win! It’s so fun to watch this team play. Minshew and Moss continue to deliver. Our defense is bending and not breaking, Gay was Clutch all day! 
My biggest concern is from a group that we all had higher expectations for, the tight ends. I was disappointed not to see Mallory active today and the production from the other 3 just wasn’t there today. 

Chalk that up to the ravens defense. Ravens have a very stingy defense at home. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Chalk that up to the ravens defense. Ravens have a very stingy defense at home. 

We beat a great team yesterday at their place, or I would say very good by the standards I usually post by lol. I can't wait for AR and Taylor to come back. Our defense is pretty good. Fun exciting times ahead. It is about time things are going our way. Last 2 years we lose a game like yesterday on something silly or a fluke. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

People seem to always assume sacks are because the Oline did something wrong. Not the case yesterday.

True in some ways, but the linemen also have to make adjustments. The fact that they did not, in crucial situations, need to be addressed. Somebody was responsible for the breakdowns and they need to be corrected. Hopefully, since Steichen is always preaching how they will "watch the tape"... The team will eventually figure this out.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Did Mo even run any routes yesterday or did he just block? We need him to be more than just an extra OLman! If he can’t run routes or catch the dang ball, trade him asap!

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

True in some ways, but the linemen also have to make adjustments. The fact that they did not, in crucial situations, need to be addressed. Somebody was responsible for the breakdowns and they need to be corrected. Hopefully, since Steichen is always preaching how they will "watch the tape"... The team will eventually figure this out.

Yeah #14 was killing us. It happened 1 too many times.

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Did Mo even run any routes yesterday or did he just block? We need him to be more than just an extra OLman! If he can’t run routes or catch the dang ball, trade him asap!

I don't think he had any catches. Seemed like he was in there strictly to block. On one play, late in the game, I saw Mo get bowled right over trying to block, I plan to watch the game again and will take notice how the TEs performed. The staff has a big decision coming once Woods returns.

It is tough to be announcer, I always wanted to do radio, maybe still will 1 day. Beth has a decent voice but unless you are announcing for a certain team you can't play favorites. She does that. If I was a Colts broadcaster, I could then show bias of course like Lamey did. When you are on TV being regional, you can't do that. She has done Cubs games and I can tell she isn't a true Cubs fan. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah #14 was killing us. It happened 1 too many times.

Right, Kyle Hamilton a safety. He's an excellent rookie player, but he had three sacks, all when he came untouched. On another play, he did the same blitz, for the fourth time, and came again untouched. This time the Colts ran the ball and Hamilton stuffed the runner ruining our play.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One thing for sure this team is much better then people give us credit for. We have a easy schedule we could make some noise. A win next week and going 3-1 the first quarter would be remarkable.

Moss is going to wear down. We need to give him relief. Taylor and moss will be a good backfield.

I believe your correct after watching the game I did see moss start to slow down which means injury could happen. If correct they just promoted someone off the practice squad who might help with some of the carriers.

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Right, Kyle Hamilton a safety. He's an excellent rookie player, but he had three sacks, all when he came untouched. On another play, he did the same blitz, for the fourth time, and came again untouched. This time the Colts ran the ball and Hamilton stuffed the runner ruining our play.

Yeah Hamilton is a hell of an athlete, he was getting on my nerves haha 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I was responding that (Gay's kicking) may have been the best that I have watched, was meant as more of "a matter of my opinion". And not simply based on statistics. 

23 yards

42 yards

51 yards

48 yards 

35 yards

I believe, Gay's hitting all four from 50+, when coming from behind, and the game winner, in OT was better

Fair enough for sure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know how we kept allowing Minshew to get his noodle knocked by this same guy on the same blitz over and over again!

After the third one the Colts finally adjusted :facepalm: (that’s at the Colts for taking so long not you) and then the Ravens started using him as a decoy to send pressure from other places which was smart on their part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is tough to be announcer, I always wanted to do radio, maybe still will 1 day. Beth has a decent voice but unless you are announcing for a certain team you can't play favorites. She does that. If I was a Colts broadcaster, I could then show bias of course like Lamey did. When you are on TV being regional, you can't do that. She has done Cubs games and I can tell she isn't a true Cubs fan. 

From a personal standpoint, I can't stand the timbre of her voice. It sounds like she's congested 24/7. 

• Like 1