Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens post game thread

GoColts8818

Good:

Zach Moss has played really well

Anyone want to complain about the contract Ballard gave Gay now?

Brents is going to be a player.  I thought he wasn’t ready.  Well today said otherwise and I was wrong

The secondary was much better in general

The defense played well but has to figure it out in the fourth quarter.  I am not sure they are wearing down or what

Minshew (he will make both lists).  He played well for a backup QB but looked like a backup QB and showed his limitations

oline run blocking, Nelson had a big game in general

Pittman and Downs.  Some might not call Pittman a one but he’s sure good.  Extend the man

The deep ball finally arrived to this offense shame they only hit one

EJ Speed, he might not grade well but he makes big plays, although he got away with one at the end of OT but the Racens got away with one Pittman earlier in the game so it balances out

Overall the Colts went toe to toe with maybe the best team they will play all year on the road with a back up QB, back up running back, and back up center.  For a young team that’s still finding their way you have to be happy with that regardless of the end result

Bad:

Minshew did a horrible job identifying things pre play and without Kelly (for those that say they don’t see the value in him) the Ravens had way too many free rusher on pass and run plays due to not being identified (which is what Kelly does) and if blew up too many plays that was potentially the difference in the game

Pierce had a monster drop late in regulation

The Colts didn’t score much off turnovers.  Turnovers are nice but if you don’t score on them they don’t help you much

Shane’s play calling on their own one was too aggressive.  Run on first or second down to get yourself a little room.  It had been there all day

Braden Smith did not have a good day with two big false starts and missed block on a sack

containing Jackson, that’s had for any unit but the Colts were extra bad at it

What a bad decision by McKenzie on that punt

Where were the tightends?  Olgetree has one catch and I think Granson had a couple of targets but that was it

Way too many missed tackles

Jay Feely.  I am not sure he understands football and needs to not call another football game again.  Go for it on 4th and 7 in the first quarter at mid field?  Kick a 67 yard field goal at the end of the game in bad weather and give the Ravens a chance at a return?  Constantly saying teams were in field goal range when they were 10 yards beyond the line to get too line, including the drive tucker came up short on and the drive in OT when the Ravens punted

Bonus point

At least the Colts aren’t the other horse team in the league, giving up 70 to another NFL team.  Yikes…

• Like 9

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

As much as I've defended Pierce, that drop was disappointing.  Pittman makes those catches.

He had two plays he had a chance to end it. He ran out of bounds instead of running down field and then didn’t catch the one. He has to play more physical. Just look at the big catch by Pittman. 

• Like 1

Today's performance by Moss us just one more reason why u don't extend  Taylor. If the Oline plays well, Moss will perform.  Taylor's hold out will go down as a move that will cost him millions. Good to c  some players that Ballard has drafted recently step up. Nelson looks to be back and Pierce just needs a qb who can get him the ball. He and Richardson will get there. Speed and Frankin need to be starting. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Today's performance by Moss us just one more reason why u don't extend  Taylor. If the Oline plays well, Moss will perform.  Taylor's hold out will go down as a move that will cost him millions. Good to c  some players that Ballard has drafted recently step up. Nelson looks to be back and Pierce just needs a qb who can get him the ball. He and Richardson will get there. Speed and Frankin need to be starting. 

You mean like the pass the Minshew dropped into his hands on the goalline and he even had caught until he let the defender rip it away? 

Speed and Franklin DO start.

• Like 3

One thing for sure this team is much better then people give us credit for. We have a easy schedule we could make some noise. A win next week and going 3-1 the first quarter would be remarkable.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Moss is going to wear down. We need to give him relief. Taylor and moss will be a good backfield.

• Like 8

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One thing for sure this team is much better then people give us credit for. We have an easy schedule we could make some noise. A win next week and going 3-1 the first quarter would be remarkable.

It would be but the Rams are playing much better than people thought.  Next week should be fun to watch.

• Like 2

Stafford is getting the ball out very fast. It’s going to be hard to get pressure on him. 

And Donald is a game wrecker in the middle which is where the Colts like to run the bulk of their offense.  I will say Richardson and read option could be effective vs him next week.

Will these wins make Taylor want to stick around?

There was a clip at the game of him on the sidelines cheering the Moss TD, signs continue to point to his return.  Notice you haven’t heard anything from his agent in the past couple of weeks.  I think he finally understands what he wants just isn’t there right now and his only chance to get it is to play.

• Like 6

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

There was a clip at the game of him on the sidelines cheering the Moss TD, signs continue to point to his return.  Notice you haven’t heard anything from his agent in the past couple of weeks.  I think he finally understands what he wants just isn’t there right now and his only chance to get it is to play.

Wait he was at the game?