Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Jay Feely just doesn’t understand football.  See my thoughts in my first post of this thread.  I can stomach Loften but Feely needs to go back to the sideline and only talk about kickers.

He wanted us to go for it on 4th and five at mid field..in the first Qtr...lol

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was relieved when they punted in OT because Tucker can nail a FG from 60 yards. I was thinking, we are going to lose like this, with a dude kicking a 62 yard FG lmao 

Right.  I still can't figure out why they didn't kick the 62 yarder.  I know they were worried about giving the Colts great field position, but I thought for sure they were going to kick it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Jay Feely just doesn’t understand football.  See my thoughts in my first post of this thread.  I can stomach Loften but Feely needs to go back to the sideline and only talk about kickers.

Jay Feely said we should have gone for it on 4th and 7 at midfield on our  second(?) drive. Guys a buffoon, it's no wonder he's on the CBS F squad.

• Like 1

It’s tough to judge the colts receivers when they have a career backup and rookie that only played one year in college as their qb! I have a feeling they would look a lot better if the colts had a top 10 qb. There is a reason qb’s are by far the highest payed players in the nfl!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Downs is a steal he is technically  better than Pittman and pierce coming out of college so am not really  surprised 

IF Pierce doesn't pan out (I'm not saying that he won't), Downs might make a solid #2 in the long run if he keeps improving.  The only issue is that he's a slot guy and I believe that's all he's played.  Is it easy to convert from primarily a slot receiver to a wideout?  

4 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Right.  I still can't figure out why they didn't kick the 62 yarder.  I know they were worried about giving the Colts great field position, but I thought for sure they were going to kick it.  

He came up short on the 61 yarder at the end of regulation.  He’s getting older and it wasn’t inside it was outside in bad weather.  A lot harder to kick for distance which makes what Gay did that more impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

IF Pierce doesn't pan out (I'm not saying that he won't), Downs might make a solid #2 in the long run if he keeps improving.  The only issue is that he's a slot guy and I believe that's all he's played.  Is it easy to convert from primarily a slot receiver to a wideout?  

I think Downs is at his best right where he is, in the slot.  Nothing wrong with that.  stokley had a nice long and productive career being a slot WR.  

7 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Jay Feely said we should have gone for it on 4th and 7 at midfield on our  second(?) drive. Guys a buffoon, it's no wonder he's on the CBS F squad.

Yeah I pointed that out earlier along with some of his other calls.  At one point he was saying the Colts could try a 70 yard field and was serious!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Yeah, Pierce has to step up.  It's his 2nd year and the #2 WR on this team is his for the taking, and I'm just not seeing it yet.  I like what I'm seeing out of Downs more than Pierce.  Downs may end up being a bit of a steal.  

I agree.

But in Alec’s defense, his game is downfield.  And our offense just isn’t doing that much - yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stitches said:

Much better football player than Ngakoue, even if not as productive sacker... 

as much as we are picking on the announcers right now they did point out something Buckner told them and is spot on.  The Colts don’t have that star pass rusher like Freeney or Mathis but they attack as one and as a whole unit on every play and as a unit they get the job done.  The only play the Colts had no answer for was Jackson running and no one has an answer for that.  Beyond that they pretty much shut the Ravens down from a line stand point.  Granted the Colts have played really beat up lines the past couple of weeks but they have feasted vs them.

• Like 2

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

I agree.

But in Alec’s defense, his game is downfield.  And our offense just isn’t doing that much - yet.

They took about three shots his way deep today and he caught none of them.  They tried it once with Pittman who caught one of the most contested catches you’ll ever see.  At some point Pierce is going to run out of excuses.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone surprised ravens did try for the FG at the end. Maybe worried it would get blocked with their Oline injuries.

No it’s the end of the game.  You have the greatest kicker of all time.  You try it, the odds of it being blocked or the Colts set up to beat you if he misses is low.  I was surprised the Colts didn’t put Flowers back there incase it came up short though.

Just now, AKB said:

yeah but with Tucker as their kicker, as soon as they got past the paint midfield, i turned it off

A colt's player texted me and said they knew you quit watching, and the we'll show AKB attitude spread throughout the team.

That's why they won!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They took about three shots his way deep today and he caught none of them.  They tried it once with Pittman who caught one of the most contested catches you’ll ever see.  At some point Pierce is going to run out of excuses.

I didn’t say they weren’t doing it at all.  Just not much.

But I think that’ll change as AR develops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dunk said:

A colt's player texted me and said they knew you quit watching, and the we'll show AKB attitude spread throughout the team.

That's why they won!

now i will always walk away in clutch moments

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

Did you see Tucker out there being all cocky and strutting his stuff? Love the fact that he got shown up by Gay. There is a new sheriff in town. lol

yeah especially with how much the announcers were up-selling tucker, called him the GOAT, disrespected vinny basically.

• Thanks 1