Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens post game thread

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Todays issues were not having Kelly and not picking up blitz. Oline played solid. Minshew struggled a little picking it up. But that’s ravens defense. They are good at disguising the blitz. They have a lot of exotic blitzes.

Our starting line is very good especially run blocking.  JT doesn’t know what he’s missing.  AR has a better pocket awareness than Minchew.  I bet he would have avoided those blitzing sacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Our starting line is very good especially run blocking.  JT doesn’t know what he’s missing.  AR has a better pocket awareness than Minchew.  I bet he would have avoided those blitzing sacks.

We should be encouraged that was our 3rd string center and our RG went out.  Probably wouldn’t of been able to hang on for longer pass plays but they did ok.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think Downs is at his best right where he is, in the slot.  Nothing wrong with that.  stokley had a nice long and productive career being a slot WR.  

Need more deep shots to downs and Pittman. If tank dell can do it so can downs

22 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

over reaction.  We dont have a better tackle and could do a lot worse

I think you meant to say ‘extreme over reaction’.  We’re blessed to have 2 really good tackles anchoring our line.  With the size and speed of defensive players in todays NFL, tackles are not plug and play.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Watson did not  looked good today  today. Carr is going to miss some time.

Rams will be hard and could go either way

Titans at home is a game you need to win if you are going to the playoffs

Jags in Jacksonville is the samething and finally snapping losing streak could set the tone for the Shane era.

Browns is winnable

Saints is winnable even if Carr is back by then.

25 minutes ago, colts52761 said:

who started on the oline today?

All the normal starters plus French for Kelly who was hurt.

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Todays issues were not having Kelly and not picking up blitz. Oline played solid. Minshew struggled a little picking it up. But that’s ravens defense. They are good at disguising the blitz. They have a lot of exotic blitzes.

And that’s why it was a good plan to go hurry up offense. It prevented the defense from substituting. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, colts52761 said:

So you think Smith should go to guard?

or gone?

People have said it for years and I was always against it, but I’m ready to see it at this point. Couple of penalties and Clowney, who isn’t a great pass rusher, wa shaving his way with him. Maybe not this season but next season put Freeland at RT and Smith at RG.

9 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Did not watch it..

How Brents played outside of that great fumble?

He played the exact opposite of how Baker played

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dallas Flowers is quietly locking his side of the field down.

Honestly the whole secondary deserves props today.  The Ravens couldn’t throw because they took away the quick passes and then the line collapsed the pocket on Jackson.  

Flowers has gotten lumped in with Baker for some reason the past two weeks even though he’s played well and that continued today.  Moore is also quietly having a really good bounce back season even playing some outside corner and doing a good job which is normally not his strength.  Brents had a very nice debut and credit to you for calling that.

Thomas did his job taking away deep passes and Blackmon was second in tackles today.  The defense showed what it can be today when they put it all together.  

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dallas Flowers is quietly locking his side of the field down.

I was a little disappointed in Flowers actually.  I was expecting him to be more aggressive on the ball.  I thought he played it safe a couple of times where I thought if he played tighter he might have had an interception.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly the whole secondary deserves props today.  The Ravens couldn’t throw because they took away the quick passes and then the line collapsed the pocket on Jackson.  

Flowers has gotten lumped in with Baker for some reason the past two weeks even though he’s played well and that continued today.  Moore is also quietly having a really good bounce back season even playing some outside corner and doing a good job which is normally not his strength.  Brents had a very nice debut and credit to you for calling that.

Thomas did his job taking away deep passes and Blackmon was second in tackles today.  The defense showed what it can be today when they put it all together.  

Brent’s really impressed me today.  Flowers was nothing special for me.

36 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We should be encouraged that was our 3rd string center and our RG went out.  Probably wouldn’t have been able to hang on for longer pass plays but they did ok.

Fries came back in shortly after he went out.  Still Sills held his own when he was in there.  I do think we saw the value of Kelly though.  Minshew did a horrible job getting the protections set and picking up the blitzers which is what Kelly normally does.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

We aren’t hearing much with our safeties so I think that’s good news. It means the front seven and corners are doing their jobs.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Fries came back in shortly after he went out.  Still Sills held his own when he was in there.  I do think we saw the value of Kelly though.  Minshew did a horrible job getting the protections set and picking up the blitzers which is what Kelly normally does.  

I was really happy to see Fries return.  I was worried for awhile.  

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We aren’t hearing much with our safeties so I think that’s good news. It means the front seven and corners are doing their jobs.

Oh I noticed Blackmon a lot today in a good way.  He was way over shadowed by what Hamilton was doing for the Ravens but Blackmon was blowing up a lot of the Ravens plays too.

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Did Watson NOT look good? Did you watch the game? I haven’t watched the game, but his stats were good: 27/33 289 yards and 2 TDs. 

He looked pretty bad vs the Steelers but that’s his only game Ive seen this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hey buddy how ya been?

Just now, richard pallo said:

Me too.

Hey Richard! I hope you all had a great summer.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It wasn’t great. Some really bad plays. Just lucky they were playing a bad team. In the end he did ok but is still making some dumb plays.

I mean, 8.75 yards per attempt and 81+% completion rate. How much could have gone wrong?

• Like 1