Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens post game thread

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

We sure did take the long road to get there. 

I think this would have been a much different game with Richardson. Wouldn’t have needed OT. 

With Houston beating Jacksonville we’re suddenly back on even footing in the division. 

Just in case anyone was wondering. 

Colts are on better than even footing they are in first place by a game.

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

So after Minshew stepped out of bounds for the safety, Paramount + died for me. I missed what happened after the kick off. How did we get the ball back so quickly? I thought it was over there.

This game should of been over so many times. Craziest game I have seen.

That game was a lot like the playoff game when we had Peyton and played the ravens. When Vinny hit five FG.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

So after Minshew stepped out of bounds for the safety, Paramount + died for me. I missed what happened after the kick off. How did we get the ball back so quickly? I thought it was over there.

They put 2:03 on the clock 

Guy fair caught the kickoff with 2:01.  So one play two minute warning.  Next play time out and then a third down stop with a declined penalty on the Ravens that stopped the clock.

• Like 1

Hilarious how in the predictions thread people were all "We have a chance to win because Minshew starts over AR!" Now the same people are like "If we had AR we would've won it easy!"

Anyway..

Positive

• I think the defense had a great game overall with minor misshaps of course, but then you don't keep a team like the Ravens scoreless for 5 quarters.
  • Franklin had a good game and so did Ebukam, Paye and Brents.
  • Pittman and Downs had good games! Pittman with a gamechanger-play.
  • Moss was great.
  • Minshew had his moments in the first half.
  • Matt Gay! 4 kicks over 50 yards! History.
  • Spirit! The guys wanted this win!

Negative

• The Oline needs help. Maybe it's enough Kelly comes back, but our QB had guys near him instantly.
  • Smith was BAD. He really struggles with speedrush and then he had those two penalties today.
  • Minshew is blind on his right eye? Didn't see Hamilton coming. Ever. He also had some missed opportunities for big plays today.
  • ST had a few Bengals (The censoring won't let me spell that with a U :funny:) late in the game. Lucky for them the defense stepped up.
  • Like 3

Just now, Solid84 said:

Hilarious how in the predictions thread people were all "We have a chance to win because Minshew starts over AR!" Now the same people are like "If we had AR we would've won it easy!"

Anyway..

Positive

• I think the defense had a great game overall with minor misshaps of course, but then you don't keep a team like the Ravens scoreless for 5 quarters.
  • Franklin had a good game and so did Ebukam, Paye and Brents.
  • Pittman and Downs had good games! Pittman with a gamechanger-play.
  • Moss was great.
  • Minshew had his moments in the first half.
  • Matt Gay! 4 kicks over 50 yards! History.
  • Spirit! The guys wanted this win!

Negative

• The Oline needs help. Maybe it's enough Kelly comes back, but our QB had guys near him instantly.
  • Smith was BAD. He really struggles with speedrush and then he had those two penalties today.
  • Minshew is blind on his right eye? Didn't see Hamilton coming. Ever. He also had some missed opportunities for big plays today.
  • ST had a few Bengals late in the game. Lucky for them the defense stepped up.

I left out Ebukam on my recap and that was an oversight on my part.  He might have been the best dlineman today.

• Like 2

Colts win, I don't want to hear how Ravens had injuries, that crap happens every time we have a bigtime win from the negative Nelly's = BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. They still had Lamar/were at home even, and we won with a backup QB and without Taylor The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Jacks got their rear end dusted and so did the Titans, we are in 1st place in the South. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Defense stepped up and got them off the field like they did for most of the game.  That's what happened!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good:

Zach Moss has played really well

Anyone want to complain about the contract Ballard gave Gay now?

Brents is going to be a player.  I thought he wasn’t ready.  Well today said otherwise and I was wrong

The secondary was much better in general

The defense played well but has to figure it out in the fourth quarter.  I am not sure they are wearing down or what

Minshew (he will make both lists).  He played well for a backup QB but looked like a backup QB and showed his limitations

oline run blocking, Nelson had a big game in general

Pittman and Downs.  Some might not call Pittman a one but he’s sure good.  Extend the man

The deep ball finally arrived to this offense shame they only hit one

EJ Speed, he might not grade well but he makes big plays, although he got away with one at the end of OT but the Racens got away with one Pittman earlier in the game so it balances out

Overall the Colts went toe to toe with maybe the best team they will play all year on the road with a back up QB, back up running back, and back up center.  For a young team that’s still finding their way you have to be happy with that regardless of the end result

Bad:

Minshew did a horrible job identifying things pre play and without Kelly (for those that say they don’t see the value in him) the Ravens had way too many free rusher on pass and run plays due to not being identified (which is what Kelly does) and if blew up too many plays that was potentially the difference in the game

Pierce had a monster drop late in regulation

The Colts didn’t score much off turnovers.  Turnovers are nice but if you don’t score on them they don’t help you much

Shane’s play calling on their own one was too aggressive.  Run on first or second down to get yourself a little room.  It had been there all day

Braden Smith did not have a good day with two big false starts and missed block on a sack

containing Jackson, that’s had for any unit but the Colts were extra bad at it

What a bad decision by McKenzie on that punt

Where were the tightends?  Olgetree has one catch and I think Granson had a couple of targets but that was it

Way too many missed tackles

Jay Feely.  I am not sure he understands football and needs to not call another football game again.  Go for it on 4th and 7 in the first quarter at mid field?  Kick a 67 yard field goal at the end of the game in bad weather and give the Ravens a chance at a return?  Constantly saying teams were in field goal range when they were 10 yards beyond the line to get too line, including the drive tucker came up short on and the drive in OT when the Ravens punted

Bonus point

At least the Colts aren’t the other horse team in the league, giving up 70 to another NFL team.  Yikes…

Lol..I hope Jared enjoyed that Broncos game!

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This game should of been over so many times. Craziest game I have seen.

That game was a lot like the playoff game when we had Peyton and played the ravens. When Vinny hit five FG.

I was thinking of that game today too! Such a classic. First year with Vinny and helped get that Super Bowl win.