Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Attendance (MERGE)

csmopar

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

So who’s all going? I’ve got tickets for 4 days, gonna take my son to it for the first time. I’ve been for years but he’s finally old enough to show an interest so I’m taking him

I'm definetly going I'll be there Wednesday, Friday and Saturday this week. 

• Like 1

I won't be going at all this year.

I would have to leave home too early for the trip - and - potentially being 3/4 of the way there and have them cancel practice due to weather and/or some other issue.

I'd rather spend my "Colts money" on games and memorabilia.

HAVE A GREAT TIME EVERYONE!!

32 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

I won't be going at all this year.

I would have to leave home too early for the trip - and - potentially being 3/4 of the way there and have them cancel practice due to weather and/or some other issue.

I'd rather spend my "Colts money" on games and memorabilia.

HAVE A GREAT TIME EVERYONE!!

Tickets be free. Only cost would be food and gas

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

So who’s all going? I’ve got tickets for 4 days, gonna take my son to it for the first time. I’ve been for years but he’s finally old enough to show an interest so I’m taking him

Have a great time!  Post a couple pics if you can.  

13 hours ago, csmopar said:

I'm going on Wednesday, Aug 16, when we have our joint practice with Chicago!

• Like 3

Going the 31st. Very inexpensive way to see the players. The location/facilities are ideal. I really enjoy watching the various parts of the actual practice. As a former coach I have always been interested in the process other teams use. Cool to see some of the same drills being used. 

• w87r changed the title to Training Camp Attendance (MERGE)

Have not been since it was held at Rose in Terre Haute.

Lot of fun. As others said you can get close enough to realize how massive the O and D linemen are. 

Also, always had good conversations with other fans, tailgated at games for years with some I met there.

If you haven’t been:

1.) Get there early, they really pack the bleachers full.

2.) Sit higher in the bleachers for 2 reasons. People will walk across and stand in front which will block your view. Also there are 2 separate fields where they practice so you can see more of both from a little higher in the bleachers.

3.) Bring sunscreen. Lol

4.) People get really aggressive when it comes to autograph time so watch your kids and family members. Bring your own Sharpie as they charge a ton of money for 1.

I honestly have began only going to 1 practice now because of the crowds.

Parking, Food, beverages, and merch all cost money.

• Thanks 1

I am going on Aug. 17th....haven't been for a long time.  Do they open the "gates" to the grandstands at a certain time?    Do I need to get there early to get in LINE so I can get a "better" seat in the stands?  Can you take a seat cushion in with you?  I think I know all the other guidelines...if you have any other suggestions, please post them!  Thank you very much!

Hello.  Is anyone able to give any tips for camp days?  I am going for the very first time.  Should we bring our own chairs?  are we allowed to bring our own water and snacks?  Also, is there a chance to meet the players and get autographs and pictures or do we just wait until they are done with practice and hope for the best?  We are planning to go to Youth Day as well as Saturday . Thanks for any input!

8 minutes ago, Indygirl324 said:

Hello.  Is anyone able to give any tips for camp days?  I am going for the very first time.  Should we bring our own chairs?  are we allowed to bring our own water and snacks?  Also, is there a chance to meet the players and get autographs and pictures or do we just wait until they are done with practice and hope for the best?  We are planning to go to Youth Day as well as Saturday . Thanks for any input!

I moved your post over here. There is a bunch of info in this thread about camp.