Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select DT Adetomiwa Adebawore

danlhart87

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Everyone across the board had him at either #1 or #2 -best remaining players in the draft.

Ballard is crushing this draft.

He normally does.  He’s the anti-Grigson who had a franchise QB but failed the draft.  He’s not had his franchise QB but has nailed the draft.  Hopefully Richardson can finally be that guy and if he is watch out this team has talent.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hapoy with the pick, but there has to be a reason he fell to the 4th round.   I’m guessing there’s some type of health issue?   

well the stats don't match the athletic numbers, but that said falling to the 4th is an eye opener

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hapoy with the pick, but there has to be a reason he fell to the 4th round.   He was projected to be gone by the end of R2.    I’m guessing there’s some type of health issue?   

One write-up said his combine numbers say 1st round, but his tape says 4th round.

I think the answer to his fall is that he’s a tweener. As was said by McShay et al, he looks best as a 3 tech DT even though he played DE at Northwestern.  We’ll see, but great value pick.  
However…….am waiting for the RG pick. Hard to believe they’ve waited this long but they must have a particular guy in mind for Round 5. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He normally does.  He’s the anti-Grigson who had a franchise QB but failed the draft.  He’s not had his franchise QB but has nailed the draft.  Hopefully Richardson can finally be that guy and if he is watch out this team has talent.

Agree with you, but I have seen him bypass some really good football players in the past for players with high end  athletic scores. In the past.

This draft is very solid top to bottom so far. The Colts got better this weekend.

Just now, Hoose said:

I think the answer to his fall is that he’s a tweener. As was said by McShay et al, he looks best as a 3 tech DT even though he played DE at Northwestern.  We’ll see, but great value pick.  
However…….am waiting for the RG pick. Hard to believe they’ve waited this long but they must have a particular guy in mind for Round 5. 

Your RG could be Smith.  Freeland MIGHT be able to start at RT.

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We have 9 solid D Line players now with him,Johnson,Bryan,Buckner,Paye,Dayo,Ebukum,Stewart and Lewis......1 spot up for grabs.

That one spot should go to Grovers eventual replacement 

Great value. He was projected higher pretty much everywhere. Another RAS monster who needs work with his technique. But perfectly fits Ballard's mold - really long arms(almost 34"), incredibly explosive, great agility... played from variety of alignments in college. It would be interesting to hear what their plans are for him? Will he be 3T predominantly? Or are they thinking about slimming him down a bit and moving him outside to EDGE? 

unusual body type for Colts DL. But he looks strong, relentless and very good at splitting lineman. We haven't had a potential 3 technique like this guy in a long time. Be interesting to watch how we use him....

He was played out of position on the outside quite a bit at Northwestern. I think the Colts will move him back inside. Led Northwestern the last 2 seasons in sacks and forced fumbles, and had a very good Senior Bowl week. He was also on Bruce Feldman’ “Freak List”

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hapoy with the pick, but there has to be a reason he fell to the 4th round.   He was projected to be gone by the end of R2.    I’m guessing there’s some type of health issue?   

I'm wondering if it is size related. He is not huge for a DT. Maybe Colts move him to outside?

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm wondering if it is size related. He is not huge for a DT. Maybe Colts move him to outside?

I’m sure that’s part of the equation.   He’ll never be a NT.    He might be a 3-tech?   He might play some DE as well.   

The Colts appear to be betting on his upside……

I like this kid as EDGE more than DT IMO. Love the pick. I thought he'd go in the 2nd, so this is a pleasant surprise for me. He'll be a backup year one, but get some playing time. Year two, he could be a starter. This is a very high upside player with high potential. 

Ballard is hitting it out of the park.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sure that’s part of the equation.   He’ll never be a NT.    He might be a 3-tech?   He might play some DE as well.   

The Colts appear to be betting on his upside……

The last guy we had that was 6ft 2lb that ran 4.4 was Dwight Freeney.  

Archived