Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is very very possible.  If Richardson and Young go 1, 2 then it’s possible someone jumps us and moves to 3 and takes Stroud or Levis.

Said this earlier. 

A lot of teams will be calling if Young or Stroud are available at 3

• Like 2

Regarding Colts QB's since Luck retired, I am 2-1-1 on how it would turn it out.

2019:

I said Jacoby would be average and we would be basically 8-8 with him, he was 7-7 in games he started and finished. I never said he would be a franchise QB or he would stink. (I get a tie for that one).

2020:

Loved the Rivers signing, I said we would go 10-6 or 11-5 with him + make the playoffs and he would be good. (that was a win).

2021:

I hated the Wentz signing and had my doubts we would make the playoffs. He was just shaky. I was right, we missed the playoffs. (that was a win)

2022:

Loved the Matt Ryan signing, I was way wrong on this one. I thought we would win the division with him and his background. (that was a loss).

2-1-1 overall on predictions on how our starters would do.

Once we get our QB this year I will predict again, I think Minshew will be the backup for the most part but a damn good one.

• Like 1

I’ll take a guess as to the possible (probable?) issue with Isaac Seumalo, this is what I think the holdup is….

The guy has played 6 seasons, and in those seasons, here are his rough snap breakdowns from PFF..,

— 2 seasons of 1100+ snaps

— 2 seasons of 500-600 snaps

— 2 seasons of 100-300 snaps. 

So he has played only 2 full seasons out of 6.   And 2 half seasons due to injury.  And 2 fractional seasons due to injury.   2 out of 6 good seasons. And he likely wants 10m+ per year. 

That may be why we’re wrapping up Day 4 and a guy viewed as the top guard is still out there — unsigned.   

Just food for thought….

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ll take a guess as to the possible (probable?) issue with Isaac Seumalo, this is what I think the holdup is….

The guy has played 6 seasons, and in those seasons, here are his rough snap breakdowns from PFF..,

So he has played only 2 full seasons out of 6.   And 2 half seasons due to injury.  And 2 fractional seasons due to injury.   2 out of 6 good seasons. And he likely wants 10m+ per year. 

That may be why we’re wrapping up Day 4 and a guy viewed as the top guard is still out there — unsigned.   

Just food for thought….

Let him cook a little and see if he takes an injury incentive contract. Risner is still available at G also...

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just food for thought….

Ironically his last full season was last year just like Campbell.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Would be nice but I don't think Ballard pulls the strings. I'm sure he wants 11-13 mil a year range. It would be nice if he would take more money toward the backside of a contract, but I doubt that.

Think he goes for a little less. maybe $10M range but worth it as far as I'm concerned. Need to shore up the line and he would be a great help.30 years old .

57 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Wildcat, rotate him with Taylor...

Ugh. That’s one thing I don’t want to rely on.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Ballard has quietly made some good moves in FA. He has actually been pretty active so far. Still needs to address Oline and WR but so far so good.

I think some big moves are yet to come.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah fans are reading into everything to try to see signs of what they want to happen.

I have had a suspicion we are after Jackson, but now with the Minshew signing I find myself wondering if they are going to trade back from 4, pick up an extra first for next year, and go for the next QB then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hark said:

I have had a suspicion we are after Jackson, but now with the Minshew signing I find myself wondering if they are going to trade back from 4, pick up an extra first for next year, and go for the next QB then.

I wish we would get Lamar but we won't IMO. I give us a 10% chance at that which says it all. Lamar IMO will probably stay in Baltimore. Baltimore would be dumb to let him go.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish we would get Lamar but we won't IMO. I give us a 10% chance at that which says it all. Lamar IMO will probably stay in Baltimore. Baltimore would be dumb to let him go.

How do you like the Minshew signing?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love it, I think if given a chance he could be a good starter. He will love having Taylor. He will be a great backup if nothing else. He has a 44 TD to 15 INT's ratio in his career. I like that stat.

Best thing is that he costs nothing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, why not take a chance. You only live once. He is only 26 as well. He seems like he has been in the league for 15 years haha , I don't know why but he is young.

Great signing. He is young, plays with a lot of energy and passion, he seems to win and he takes up very little of your cap. I would start him. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just food for thought….

Far too much sense!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just food for thought….

Played 17 games last year and gave up 1 sack, Played all 16 games in in 2019 and got a 3 year extension. tweaked a knee in 2020 and missed 7 games mid season. In 21 he a foot injury that required 2 surgeries from his Lisfranc injury. When he has been on the field he has been stellar. I'd take a chance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RNGDShobby said:

Just coz I like to throw a cat amongst the pigeons... a name I haven't heard or seen mentioned... Will Fuller V... I wonder what he's up to...

I remember he didn't play last year, no one signed him. Lot of people drafted him in the last round of the bestball leagues I did, and he never played an NFL game. Even someone I know who plays high stakes bestballs drafted him a lot and got burned. Was very surprised he remained unsigned all season last year and still remains unsigned to this day.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I remember he didn't play last year, no one signed him. Lot of people drafted him in the last round of the bestball leagues I did, and he never played an NFL game. Even someone I know who plays high stakes bestballs drafted him a lot and got burned. Was very surprised he remained unsigned all season last year and still remains unsigned to this day.

I've always been a fan. Speed and size.

• Like 1