Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

20 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Funny you bring it up I was thinking we should draft Skoronski and kick Raiman to RT and put Smith at right gaurd. Leaving Pinter at center

Honestly….  I like Skoronski, but I don’t love him.   I’d prefer him at guard or center.   His arms came in shorter than expected…. 32 1/4.    That’s what Smith has on the right side.    Raimann had a very good 2nd half of the season.  Ballard said his future is LT. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I would want the Vikings to do that. :)

Btw, I have been so much into NFL free agency that I did not watch a second of the NCAA tournament. Years ago, I would hate to miss anything. One of my favorite was when Indiana beat Duke to go to the Finals with Dane Fife and company. (I forgot their names, Lol. One went to school with two of your fellow forum members.)

I read that the brother of Colts WR Alex Pierce helped upset Arizona. You can never count out Princeton 

Yeah that's Tom Coverdale, who was my classmate in High School at Noblesville.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly….  I like Skoronski, but I don’t love him.   I’d prefer him at guard or center.   His arms came in shorter than expected…. 32 1/4.    That’s what Smith has on the right side.    Raimann had a very good 2nd half of the season.  Ballard said his future is LT. 

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/deforest-buckner-reacting-free-agency-colts-fans

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Moose…..    what do you want me to take away from this link?     You connected it to my last post, but I don’t know what one has to do with the other?  

Sorry….  I’m not following?  

You have to ignore him. 

Looks like free agency period is slowing down but there are still lots of free agents available. I wonder why that safety from the Eagles and TE Dalton Schultz are still available.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You have to ignore him. 

Looks like free agency period is slowing down but there are still lots of free agents available. I wonder why that safety from the Eagles and TE Dalton Schultz are still available.

I think the reason on both is…………

:cash:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Moose…..    what do you want me to take away from this link?     You connected it to my last post, but I don’t know what one has to do with the other?  

Sorry….  I’m not following?  

Sorry  I  opened it up  and  it didnt show his Twitter response 

• Thanks 1

I would love to sign Isaiah McKenzie. Very surprised he was released but they must like Khalil Shakir a bunch.

I still don't understand paying Dulin 9.5m for 2 years and not paying Campbell what he got. Maybe he just wanted out.

Other FA that interest me:

Shaquill Griffin

Rock

Risner

DJ Chark

Frank Clark

We can't assume that we will fill all starter spots in the draft. We need a few more FA. This is the period of FA where Ballard shines.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who says Baltimore isn’t in full Win-now mode?!?     Aren’t the Ravens one of the best run franchises year in and year out?!?   They are to me.    

First Ozzie and now DeCosta are top GMs.   John Harbaugh is an excellent HC.   They have top coordinators.   Why are they to blame for not winning more?   Jackson has been hurt both of the last two seasons and missed considerable time.  I think Baltimore is as well run a franchise as there is.   If they’re playing hard ball with Lamar — and they are — I think there is darn good reason.   I support Baltimore far more than I do Jackson.   I think LJ is young and immature and has mismanaged his own career very badly.   My two cents.  

Huh?

I’m talking about Colts not being in win now mode. I personally think Lamar should stay with Ravens, but that is another discussion. They have a good enough team to support Lamar, IMO.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Smith has regressed the last few years is is just an average RT as of late. I hope he can return to form. Either way wee do need at least two new peices up front. The draft route is cost efficient. I feel like lineman are the least like to bust in early rounds. G/C or T we need talent. Smith might be gone if he has another bad season.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hopefully  Isaac Seumalo is a colt. I imagine his price tag might be smaller with his injury history. Or maybe he signs a one year prove it deal.

He is one of the top OL FA.  My guess he is holding out for more money.  Dalton Risner as well.  All the guys behind them have pretty much found new teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I remember when he was in the draft. I love signing OL. I will take as many as I need. I want us to draft a guard. 

Our OL now has Darrisaw -Ezra Cleveland -- Garrett Bradbury -- Ed Ingram (was a rook) -- Brian O'Neill (love him and Darrisaw). Our OL is finally coming together. 

I wanted the Colts to take Darrisaw, but instead they drafted Kwity Paye.  I thought OT was a much bigger need, so I felt Darrisaw would have been a better team building selection.  I also thought DK Metcalf would’ve been a better selection than Parris Campbell, though, so what do I know.  lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I wanted the Colts to take Darrisaw, but instead they drafted Kwity Paye.  I thought OT was a much bigger need, so I felt Darrisaw would have been a better ream building selection.  I also thought DK Metcalf would’ve been a better selection than Parris Campbell, though, so what do I know.  lol

Glad the Colts did not take Darrisaw. haha We sure needed to improve the OL. He has made a huge impact.

You win some and lose some. Many on this board were not fans of DK Metcalf. You were one of the few. 

Question for Colts fans: Would you have preferred Taylor Decker over Ryan Kelly? (Note: Decker was taken first and the Colts did not have a chance at getting him.) I'm just wondering because before the draft, many did not want the Colts to draft Decker. Kelly was a very popular draft pick. 

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Question for Colts fans: Would you have preferred Taylor Decker over Ryan Kelly? (Note: Decker was taken first and the Colts did not have a chance at getting him.) I'm just wondering because before the draft, many did not want the Colts to draft Decker. Kelly was a very popular draft pick. 

That was my first year really getting into the draft. Living overseas I wasn't exposed to CFB and the draft process until the internet coverage improved. I was a big fan of the Kelly pick but don't remember Decker during the draft process at all. We wouldn't have needed him really though as we had AC.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Glad the Colts did not take Darrisaw. haha We sure needed to improve the OL. He has made a huge impact.

You win some and lose some. Many on this board were not fans of DK Metcalf. You were one of the few. 

I was COMPLETELY in favour of drafting Ryan Kelly and over all it’s proven to be a very good, needed pick, despite Kelly’s drop in performance the last couple of years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RNGDShobby said:

That was my first year really getting into the draft. Living overseas I wasn't exposed to CFB and the draft process until the internet coverage improved. I was a big fan of the Kelly pick but don't remember Decker during the draft process at all. We wouldn't have needed him really though as we had AC.

That is true. I guess in some thought the Colts would pick Decker. I cannot recall who your other tackle was. I recall the Colts drafting three or four offensive linemen that year. 

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is true. I guess in some thought the Colts would pick Decker. I cannot recall who your other tackle was. I recall the Colts drafting three or four offensive linemen that year. 

Yes we also took Le'Raven Clark in the 3rd (massive bust), Joe Haeg in the 5th who was a awesome 6th man for us for years, and Austin Blythe in the 7th who I believe was a very capable starter for the Rams a year or so ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RNGDShobby said:

Yes we also took Le'Raven Clark in the 3rd (massive bust), Joe Haeg in the 5th who was a awesome 6th man for us for years, and Austin Blythe in the 7th who I believe was a very capable starter for the Rams a year or so ago.

Blythe bounced around but he contributed wherever he went. I thought I read that he retired. 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt what do you think of this? 

Just like the Lamar Jackson situation, as a team, I will do what is best for the team. If they need Jonah Williams, why should they trade him. 

Ah dang it. I’m not surprised he’d want to move on. I heard they were thinking of pushing him over to the right side. He would probably get some big money leaving. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I wanted the Colts to take Darrisaw, but instead they drafted Kwity Paye.  I thought OT was a much bigger need, so I felt Darrisaw would have been a better team building selection.  I also thought DK Metcalf would’ve been a better selection than Parris Campbell, though, so what do I know.  lol

Great. Now let's review all the  other picks u suggested to  see your overall hit rate.