Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Fdu pulls it off... Nice. State of NJ ruined every bracket in America.. Lol

Purdue has to feel terrible.

I am in a restaurant and I just saw that. The NJ teams are winning. 

There was a time when #1 seeds never lost. I recall many 2 seeds losing, not 1s.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IinD said:

Was it last year that St. Peter's went far in the tournament. My niece lives a few blocks from that school and I was not familiar with them. They are such a small school. FDU is not that much bigger. 

16 minutes ago, IinD said:

State of Indiana on a roll when it comes to historic losses.

Still not as bad as the debacle in Minnesota.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Was it last year that St. Peter's went far in the tournament. My niece lives a few blocks from that school and I was not familiar with them. They are such a small school. FDU is not that much bigger. 

Yup last year, made it to the elite 8.

Always cool when these small schools pull off an upset. It's just usually not the state of NJ pulling it off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #12. said:

State of Indiana on a roll when it comes to historic losses.

Still not as bad as the debacle in Minnesota.

I don't feel bad for Purdue fans.. Lol. They can handle it. Honestly felt bad for the kids because they've gotta be devastated.

33 minutes ago, IinD said:

I don't feel bad for Purdue fans.. Lol. They can handle it. Honestly felt bad for the kids because they've gotta be devastated.

Well if they can keep the team together, they might have a shot, 4/5 of their starters are freshmen. Eddy is a junior and isn’t projected to even be a 1st rounder. NIL money may keep in in school.

question is, will Painter ever learn to coach

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What makes him terrible? 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had 1 bad game against Myles Garrett on Monday night and people think he is terrible lmao . Garrett is probably the best pass rusher in the league.

He gave up 12 sacks last year

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Great. Now let's review all the  other picks u suggested to  see your overall hit rate. 

Feel free to do so.  I can’t remember all the picks I had strong opinions on, but I do also remember the following:

I do know that last year I wanted the Colts to take Sky Moore, but they went Pierce instead.  Don’t know how that comparison will turn out.

In 2020 I could not understand how Jonathon Taylor was not rated as the number one RB in the draft.  When Colts got him in the 2nd round I was thrilled!

I wanted them to take Quenton Nelson and after a brilliant trade, they did.

In 2016 I wanted Ryan Kelly. They chose him.

In 2015 I wanted them to draft Landon Collins, but they went Phillip Dorsett. 

in 2011 I wanted to take Derek Sherrod, but they went Castonzo.  Sherrod was wrecked by injury, so given that, obviously Castonzo was the better pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was playing injured a lot of the season.

Yes for many games.

still played 1100+ snaps? 

that's not a lot of games or even quarters missed for the season. That's the largest number of snaps he's played in the NFL in his rookie contract. He missed the whole of his rookie year, then played little  more than half snaps next year, and last year was his healthiest. 

Tom Pelissero explains exactly why I would not pay Lamar Jackson or any other high-priced QB (Kirk Cousins). It is not that Jackson cannot play or even that he will get injured -- that happens to all players in football. 

Jackson's demands for a fully guaranteed contract and $40-$50 million a year make signing him a very bad football move. Signing any QB to such a contract does not leave enough salary cap space to sign other players to build a strong team. Add to that the fact that Baltimore placed that tag that would force another team to give up two first round picks if Jackson is signed. So, 1) There would be less money to build a team around him and 2)  less draft capital which is needed to build around him. That is mortgaging the future and the QB won't be happy about not having weapons and OL to protect him. 

He and the Ravens have made it almost impossible for Jackson to get signed by another team. It is not collusion; it is just not football smart to sign a player to a guaranteed contract that takes up 20% or more of the salary cap and give up two first round draft picks.  I think he will be forced to return to the Ravens.

TL;DR :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we get the right QB and Taylor stays healthy, our defense plays like it did from games 1-12 (Leonard healthy too), I don't see us being anywhere near the #1 pick.

The Texans look like they are preparing themselves for the #1 pick. Their team looks bare. It seems like most of their players have signed elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel bad for Henry. Titans wasted a Hall of Fame RB's career.

They had their chance for years with no real competition from the rest of the division. 

They know the writing is on the wall now. Lawrence paired with Doug is formidable, Texans are rebuilding and so are we. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Tom Pelissero explains exactly why I would not pay Lamar Jackson or any other high-priced QB (Kirk Cousins). It is not that Jackson cannot play or even that he will get injured -- that happens to all players in football. 

Jackson's demands for a fully guaranteed contract and $40-$50 million a year make signing him a very bad football move. Signing any QB to such a contract does not leave enough salary cap space to sign other players to build a strong team. Add to that the fact that Baltimore placed that tag that would force another team to give up two first round picks if Jackson is signed. So, 1) There would be less money to build a team around him and 2)  less draft capital which is needed to build around him. That is mortgaging the future and the QB won't be happy about not having weapons and OL to protect him. 

He and the Ravens have made it almost impossible for Jackson to get signed by another team. It is not collusion; it is just not football smart to sign a player to a guaranteed contract that takes up 20% or more of the salary cap and give up two first round draft picks.  I think he will be forced to return to the Ravens.

TL;DR :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel bad for Henry. Titans wasted a Hall of Fame RB's career.

They had a quarterback on a relatively affordable contract and they still couldn’t get it done.  These so called windows don’t stay open for a long time.  Goes to show you how much roster management can effect a run for a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

@Aaron86 @richard pallo

Did what I write up there make sense? If not, listen to Tom Pelissero in the tweet above. 

For me I would love a dynamic QB like Lamar. However, the contract demands make signing him impossible. When we signed Kirk Cousins, it was one of the first fully guaranteed deals. Before we got him, we used to re-sign all our valued players. After he signed, we could no longer do that  We had to cut many of them because his contract made it impossible to keep them. I hated it. My fellow Vikings fans think I dislike him because I want Teddy B back. That is not the case. I don't like the Cousins contract. Whenever we decide to part from him, the dead money will be very high. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They had a quarterback on a relatively affordable contract and they still couldn’t get it done.  These so called windows don’t stay open for a long time.  Goes to show you how much roster management can effect a run for a Super Bowl.

Exactly!

Btw:

• Like 2

Re-signing OL  (I love OL. More please)

(Lol. I was wondering why we are doing free advertising for Budweiser. It says Bud in the avatar. It is for Bud Grant, not Budweiser. I had to zoom in to see that. I need stronger glasses. haha)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we get the right QB and Taylor stays healthy, our defense plays like it did from games 1-12 (Leonard healthy too), I don't see us being anywhere near the #1 pick.

we have too many holes with poor talent . we will be in the top 5 for picks in 2024. the colts have the worst roster in football unless ballard wakes up and changes his method we will have another wasted season under ballards command

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bonuses for players due tomorrow. Wonder if Kelly or Moore will be released. Buckner has a bonus to but colts are not releasing or trading him.

I'm expecting Kelly to be released.  Moore I think has a 50 50 chance.  Still could trade him today I think.  Buckner no.  

• Like 2