Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh really? Lol I don't pay attention to college.. but I heard his QB comparison is Allen.. I'd take that. I know Richardson killed it at the combine. But he actually scares me

I have heard Levis talk, not very inspiring. I have watched him in full games vs Georgia, Tennessee, and a bad Vanderbilt team - he was terrible. 3 game sample size. I like Richardson better  (just needs to work on his accuracy) with the coach we have. To me Young is #1 and Stroud is #2. They all have interviewed and have spoke so that gives more insight on what is going on. Levis is mobile and has a strong arm but his leadership/decision making is suspect to me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

What about us signing Minshew indicates anything about which QB we're most likely taking in the draft? Or just in general?

Minshew being on a one-year deal could indicate he will be the starter possibly, thus lending credence to the possibility that Richardson could be the guy to learn from him and sit for a year.

Just a guess though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have heard Levis talk, not very inspiring. I have watched him in full games vs Georgia, Tennessee, and a bad Vanderbilt team - he was terrible. 3 game sample size. I like Richardson better  (just needs to work on his accuracy) with the coach we have. To me Young is #1 and Stroud is #2. They all have interviewed and have spoke so that gives more insight on what is going on. Levis is mobile and has a strong arm but his leadership/decision making is suspect to me.

I want Stroud, but Reich stole that pipe dream from us lol .. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just anyone who can escape pressure!!

• Like 1

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I want Stroud, but Reich stole that pipe dream from us lol .. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just anyone who can escape pressure!!

If we ended up with Young or Stroud after it is all said and done, I will be happy. Richardson has high potential but his accuracy and learning the game better need to improve.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yes.  Very much so.  I hope he’s there at 4.

We will see. I just have a feeling he may bust. If we take him and I am wrong I will gladly eat crow. I will be on here saying I was wrong, I was wrong about Herbert. I didn't think Herbert would be good coming out of college. I had him average at best lmao . So I have missed on my opinions before. Having said that Herbert still hasn't won anything but I think Chargers coaching doesn't do him any favors either. 

17 minutes ago, Shive said:

What about us signing Minshew indicates anything about which QB we're most likely taking in the draft? Or just in general?

I don't get it, either. He's a bridge level guy who could easily be the starter for half a season or more, or be QB2 all year. We already knew the intention is to draft a QB. I don't see this signing as an indication in any direction.

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

I don't get it, either. He's a bridge level guy who could easily be the starter for half a season or more, or be QB2 all year. We already knew the intention is to draft a QB. I don't see this signing as an indication in any direction.

I think they probably would of went for a higher end backup if they had plans to sit a rookie for a year. Now that doesn’t indicate who they might take. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I think people are excited because he is way better than Sam, and Foles is washed up, so he is way better than Foles. Minshew could be a good starter if given a chance, he has a 44 TD to 15 INT's ratio for his career and a strong arm. I think as a backup, he is great. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think people are excited because he is way better than Sam, and Foles is washed up, so he is way better than Foles. Minshew could be a good starter if given a chance, he has a 44 TD to 15 INT's ratio for his career and a strong arm. I think as a backup, he is great. 

I'm excited because I saw Minshew play on TV personally when Hurts was hurt and he did really well. This was with Steichen as the Eagles OC who is now our HC. He has improved heavily. There is also the hidden possibility if our QB we draft at 4 is a bust, Minshew is young enough where he could be our franchise QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He of course has that experience with Steichen, i expect Sam to give him a run for his money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I still don’t understand where the hatred of Levis comes from.

Who hates him? Just because someone rates him lower than Young and Stroud or even Richardson doesn't mean they hate the guy. That is like me saying, I think Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson are better than LeBron James but because I think LeBron is 3rd I hate him chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who hates him? Just because someone rates him lower than Young and Stroud or even Richardson doesn't mean they hate the guy. That is like me saying, I think Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson are better than LeBron James but because I think LeBron is 3rd I hate him chuckling homer simpson GIF

Saying you will puke if we draft him is hatred. That goes beyond his play. He is also nothing like wentz which keeps coming up.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Disappointed with Ballard or.. ?

Yes….    Disappointed the Colts don’t sign either Campbell or Slayton.    Someone posted a list of more than a dozen WRs a few hours ago.   I wasn’t interested in any of them.   

This mysterious off-season keeps getting stranger.     I do like the Minshew signing,  but that’s not much consolation.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Was the most recent season or the season before? From what I understand he was hurt this most recent season and didn’t have any help. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saying you will puke if we draft him is hatred. That goes beyond his play. He is also nothing like wentz which keeps coming up.

The puke comment was more being sarcastic but I would prefer the other 3 over him. By the way it wasn't me that started the puke comment, it was INDY. We all have opinions, why don't get on people that don't want Young because of his size which utterly ridiculous IMO. Better yet, people that don't want Lamar is really mindboggling, Lamar is a proven top 10 QB in the league and is currently healthy.

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Was the most recent season or the season before? From what I understand he was hurt this most recent season and didn’t have any help. 

The games were this past season, just a few months ago.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The biggest issue with him starting is he can win some games. So if he does start the season we may not see a rookie until 24. I expect Levid to start right away. Just not sure of Richardson.

Whoever the Colts take — even Richardson, or Hooker —  I think the Colts will have him start roughly 6-8 games.  The team needs to find out exactly what they have?  What is he good at?   What is he bad at?   What does he need work on?   You find that out by playing him. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….    Disappointed the Colts don’t sign either Campbell or Slayton.    Someone posted a list of more than a dozen WRs a few hours ago.   I wasn’t interested in any of them.   

This mysterious off-season keeps getting stranger.     I do like the Minshew signing,  but that’s not much consolation.  

If we could getFA WR DJ chark cheap that would let us focus on QB and Oline early in draft and focus on CB mid and WR later. Chark is a lot like Pierce and Pittman but I would still like to have him. Panthers are trying to get him SMH