Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Which was the "best" signing so far today?

I place a higher value in retaining your players. I love the Chris Lindstrom re-signing. He is an excellent OL and he is retained by his team. 

Germaine Pratt was also a good re-signing -- same team and not too much.

I also like the Jimmy G signing as he is a competent QB and he did not cost too much. 

Ben Powers for the Broncos. He negotiated his contract with "guaranteed money" so the Broncos only had to pay him $2 million in the first year of his deal. The Broncos started with $37 million in cap room, and they still have $26 million after signing Powers, McGlinchey, Manhertz and Stidham.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

That’s it?    2/11?

Thats stunning to me.   I’ve seen Long’s name in so many stories as a player who would be in demand.   And Tenn didn’t re-sign him?!?    I confess,  I didn’t see this one coming.   Unless Long just wanted to leave and play for a hot fast rising team?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ben Powers for the Broncos. He negotiated his contract with "guaranteed money" so the Broncos only had to pay him $2 million in the first year of his deal. The Broncos started with $37 million in cap room, and they still have $26 million after signing Powers, McGlinchey, Manhertz and Stidham.

I like their signings!

How did they retain so much in cap space?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

It’s amusing watching this shake out every year. The Colts aren’t going to make splash moves under Ballard. 

Tell you the truth no one has signed somewhere  else I wished we had got. Plus having a rookie QB and a new coach who needs to evaluate the roster I thought 24 is where maybe we would be a tiny more aggressive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are giving him a lot of help. We will see If Russ is washed or if he still has it. 

Broncos may draft Stetson Bennett or a backup QB to challenge RW too, that’s how Sean Payton will roll

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s it?    2/11?

Thats stunning to me.   I’ve seen longs name in so many stories as a player who would be in demand.   And Tenn didn’t re-sign him?!?    I confess,  I didn’t see this one coming.   Unless Long just wanted to leave and play for a hot fast rising team?  

What's funny is that Spotrac had him at $5M per year but PFF had him at $13M per year. $5.5M/year is a pretty good deal for Miami.  It now seems very unlikely Okereke will get the salary that was reported. He's probably in that $5M to $7M per year range based on the market.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Okereke is a FA I don't mind not re-signing. That's too much money for us and we have Leonard, Speed, and Franklin.

Speed is an FA.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good for Bobby.    And maybe even good for the Colts.   This should be a decent comp pick for the Colts next year.   I’d guess a 4 or 5?   

A 4 would be nice!

2 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

many going in that same range of $6-$7M a year.....Pratt, Edwards, Anzalone, etc

I wonder what Bobby is getting offered out there?  

I hope he lands somewhere where he can star. Like the Giants or some other needy LB team.

I should retire from this off-season now on top lol 

it’ll be my one hit lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

Info regarding compensatory picks for those interested: https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks

Okereke is now the second highest paid LB in the free agent class thus far. 

part of ballards non productive method was resigning his own draft picks, looks like he is changing his method 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Did he play well last year? Didn’t watch too much tape or even games of Seattle other than the prime time games. 

He played for the Jags the last two years.  They released him to save 13m on the cap.  He only played 5 games last year due to an injury.

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

great job by their gm while ours remained silent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They just re-signed Alex Singleton. 3 years $18 million. 4 million the first year and 7 million in years 2 and 3. He turned down Philly for 3 years $22 million to stay in Denver.

their gm is making great deals to improve the bronks, maybe he can give ballard lessons, lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

their gm is making great deals to improve the bronks, maybe he can give ballard lessons, lol

To be fair, they just signed Sean Payton, have famous owners that players know want to win, & play in Denver. 

Indy just came off a 4-12-1 season, doesn’t have a QB, lives in a mediocre weather city, & has a new coach.

I’m annoyed too, but we don’t know the entire story. We could have offered 4 offers already & got rejected  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Where have you been hiding?

Lol I just can't talk off season stuff too much. I'm not into the contracts and barely pay attention to college. Just a little more this season obviously because we're picking so high. But my knowledge of off-season stuff is so miniscule I just watch from a distance lol

• Like 2

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol I just can't talk off season stuff too much. I'm not into the contracts and barely pay attention to college. Just a little more this season obviously because we're picking so high. But my knowledge of off-season stuff is so miniscule I just watch from a distance lol

You could have shown up next week and not missed anything Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff