Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Clark Retire?

Dtman513

True story about Dallas Clark as told to me by one of the interns last summer

Last day of training camp, all interns gathered out on the practice field for a group photo

While they were in position for the shot, they see fans start to yell and point.

It turns out, Dallas Clark had seen the photo forming, ran back on the field, and photo bombed the shot

Photo looks as though he was posing with them!

I never met him, but I've heard nice stories from people who have.

A very nice man! I hope he does more with his movie career!

I knew he was let go, but did he retire?

It is looking like Dallas may end up being like Marvin in that he doesn't ever officially retire, he just never gets picked up by another team and it eventually just becomes generally accepted that he is retired.

Last day of training camp, all interns gathered out on the practice field for a group photo

While they were in position for the shot, they see fans start to yell and point.

It turns out, Dallas Clark had seen the photo forming, ran back on the field, and photo bombed the shot

I know he used to donate his home game tickets to the orginization Wish-4-Heroes, which is an orginization that grants minor wishes to service men and women. I was lucky enough to get 2 of the tickets for the 2nd Houston game in 2010.

2007 - 58 catches, 616 yards, 11 TD's

2008 - broke franchise record for yards in a season (TE) - 848

2009 - 100 catches, 1,106 yards, 10 TD's

2010 - broken wrist ends season early, as of Oct - 37 catches, 347 yards, 2 TD's

2011 - not a fair season for any offensive Colt :)

Clark was great, fantastic personality, team player and I would hope he would not retire without fanfare and love from fans and the Colts org!

my grandparents friend lived across from him (until he sold his house to tamme) and they said he would always invite them over for dinner then my grandparents friends moved to Florida (of course) before they could meet tamme

Awesome guy. Potential Colts Ring of Honor player.

No where near HOF. Not even close.

I agree Trav. Like has been said a million times here, fans always over rate the players they root for. Clark was a good player but IMO, not even in a HOF conversation. If he was even remotely close to a HOFer and only at the age of 32, he would be getting some kind of attention from other teams regardless of his injuries. Teams will take a chance on players that are that good even if they had a bad yr. or coming off an injury. I mean C'mon, it was just a broken wrist, not a surgically repaired knee and yet, nobody wants him.

How can you say not even close. If he would have kept putting up numbers like he was pre injuries of course he could have been a HOF

Yeah but that didnt happen, so as it sits now he isnt HOF worthy and frankly I dont think it would be close either. Especially the number of WRs on backlog waiting to get in.

I'm sad to see Dallas go. One of my favorite Colts. Gald to see them get rid of Addai though. While he could pass block and catch out of the back field really well, he was terrible at running the ball. Brown needs to step up as well. Maybe the Colts can go after a home run RB as well as some more D in next year's draft.

That's really sad to hear. Dallas was a really tough player. Some of the hits he took and kept rolling with over the years are ridiculous and he always seemed to be a really nice guy sad to see him go out like that...... Was always my favorite person to throw to in madden lol.