Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wonder if other teams are out on Harbaugh  because  they know he is headed to Denver.  He has a lot of connections in Denver.

Colt land will flip out especially if not having an interview with him.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wonder if other teams are out on Harbaugh  because  they know he is headed to Denver.  He has a lot of connections in Denver.

I always thought it was between the Colts and Denver.  Not many teams want to deal with his personality.  New owners in Denver helps him.  Apparently the Colts are moving too slowly.  The fan base is going to be disappointed if this happens.

56 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I always thought it was between the Colts and Denver.  Not many teams want to deal with his personality.  New owners in Denver helps him.  Apparently the Colts are moving too slowly.  The fan base is going to be disappointed if this happens.

Other than speculating there has been nothing concrete linking the Colts to Harbaugh.  I think if the Colts were interested in him they would be making a push for him by now.  The fact they aren’t seems to suggest they aren’t interested in him.

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Other than speculating there has been nothing concrete linking the Colts to Harbaugh.  I think if the Colts were interested in him they would be making a push for him by now.  The fact they aren’t seems to suggest they aren’t interested in him.

Ballard did say at his press conference that college coaches would potentially be interviewed. I imagine most assumed he was referring to Harbaugh (at least we know that’s who the reporter was alluding to).  Don’t sleep on Ryan Day getting an interview if Harbaugh goes to Denver.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Ballard did say at his press conference that college coaches would potentially be interviewed. I imagine most assumed he was referring to Harbaugh (at least we know that’s who the reporter was alluding to).  Don’t sleep on Ryan Day getting an interview if Harbaugh goes to Denver.

Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me but that doesn’t mean they are going to interview Harbaugh either.  It just means they will look at the college ranks which isn’t shocking Ballard did that last time too.  I am not big fan of bringing in college coaches unless it’s someone like Carol or Harbaugh who had previous NFL experience because most coaches jumping from college to the NFL struggle.  

Is there really some strong connection between Irsay and Harbaugh?  Can't say I remember much, post '98, honestly.  

I guess Harbaugh attended his ring of honor ceremony, although I can't find a photo of it, and I do not see him at any subsequent ring of honor ceremonies.  

He's part owner of an Indy car and has spent some time at the track, perhaps he runs into Irsay there.

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

Is there really some strong connection between Irsay and Harbaugh?  Can't say I remember much, post '98, honestly.  

I guess Harbaugh attended his ring of honor ceremony, although I can't find a photo of it, and I do not see him at any subsequent ring of honor ceremonies.  

He's part owner of an Indy car and has spent some time at the track, perhaps he runs into Irsay there.

He played for the team that’s the connection.

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He played for the team that’s the connection.

A lot of people have played for the team.  

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of any close personal connection between Irsay and Harbaugh, post '98, or of any connection of Harbaugh to the franchise, to be honest.  

Just now, #12. said:

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of any close personal connection between Irsay and Harbaugh, post '98, or of any connection of Harbaugh to the franchise, to be honest.  

I was more or less backing up your point.  Harbaughs connection to the Colts is that he played for them.  That’s it the end.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

The big difference is he’s on the wall of fame in the stadium.  He is a revered former Colt.  Not just a former player.  If he had a great run here and won a super bowl he would probably have a statue at the stadium as well.  

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

The amount of coach speak going on today has been hilarious. Practically all of the coaches who didn’t make the post season mentioned this phrase one way or another:

”We’re not as far away as some people think”

It's a common refrain, and it's usually pretty close to being true. I think there are 7 new teams in the playoffs this year. The Lions just missed the playoffs, and they were terrible last season. Quick turnarounds happen all the time in the NFL, especially for teams with new/young QBs, and/or new coaching staffs. 

Here are my thoughts, first of all going to Denver would put them in a hole. They gave away several draft picks for Wilson and of course he is not playing that well, and all the only thing keeping him from coming here in my opinion is that he could be frightened that Irsay might meddle. I certainly hope that our same one not rehire Saturday or Bubba. It’ll be interesting to hear all the speculation and rumors

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's a common refrain, and it's usually pretty close to being true. I think there are 7 new teams in the playoffs this year. The Lions just missed the playoffs, and they were terrible last season. Quick turnarounds happen all the time in the NFL, especially for teams with new/young QBs, and/or new coaching staffs. 

Sure, that’s definitely fair. Just found it funny how it was all stated around the same timeframe. But I guess what else can they say? At the very least it can give some hope for their fan base.

As most people know, reports are that Irsay recently hosted Harbaugh (and Luck).  If Irsay is / was truly interested in having Harbaugh as coach, it is very difficult to imagine the two didn’t discuss this.  Ergo, if the Colts have / had interest in Harbaugh, but no formal interview occurs, that tells me that one of the two parties expressed it ain’t going to happen.  Hence, why there’d be no formal interview.

So what I am getting at is regarding the comments that the Colts are moving too slowly, I think if they’re not moving it’s because they already know Harbaugh to Colts won’t happen or they’re truly not interested in getting Harbaugh.  If they ARE interested and Harbaugh has not already rained on their parade, then there will be an interview.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The more drama that keeps popping up with Harbaugh and Michigan I am beginning to think we shouldn’t even consider him 

There's always drama with Harbaugh. 

But that tweet you just posted is typical, it's what happens before the two sides split, and I think the next thing that happens is Harbaugh's side starts negotiating buyout terms with Michigan. There's a lot of smoke, and Harbaugh's "commitments" to return to Michigan have been very noncommittal. Now he's linked strongly to Denver, interviewing there tomorrow I think? I feel like he's leaving, 90% right now. 

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

As most people know, reports are that Irsay recently hosted Harbaugh (and Luck).  If Irsay is / was truly interested in having Harbaugh as coach, it is very difficult to imagine the two didn’t discuss this.  Ergo, if the Colts have / had interest in Harbaugh, but no formal interview occurs, that tells me that one of the two parties expressed it ain’t going to happen.  Hence, why there’d be no formal interview.

So what I am getting at is regarding the comments that the Colts are moving too slowly, I think if they’re not moving it’s because they already know Harbaugh to Colts won’t happen or they’re truly not interested in getting Harbaugh.  If they ARE interested and Harbaugh has not already rained on their parade, then there will be an interview.

It’s very possible they had already discussed and had initial discussions a month ago when that was speculated. Basically that is what Denver is doing now with him. Maybe this thing with Michigan needs settled first.  But what you said might also be true. I think if we don’t here something offibisl this week then maybe one side isn’t interested.

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

There's always drama with Harbaugh. 

But that tweet you just posted is typical, it's what happens before the two sides split, and I think the next thing that happens is Harbaugh's side starts negotiating buyout terms with Michigan. There's a lot of smoke, and Harbaugh's "commitments" to return to Michigan have been very noncommittal. Now he's linked strongly to Denver, interviewing there tomorrow I think? I feel like he's leaving, 90% right now. 

Harbaugh had already interviewed with Denver this past Monday.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Interesting choice for Denver.

I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole with no draft capital and an old washed up QB. I wouldn't touch the Carolina job either, they have no QB. Difference between us and those 2 teams is we have the 4th pick so we can get a QB that is at least good + we have the best RB in football.

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The more drama that keeps popping up with Harbaugh and Michigan I am beginning to think we shouldn’t even consider him 

Why, he would be the best option by a mile. Who cares what kind of drama he has had at Michigan. Look at his coaching record in college and the pro's. He wins. He is also loved here.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Jim would actually be a good fit with Russell. 

They would have no chance of winning that division with KC there. Denver has little draft capital and they don't even have a better roster or better QB than the Chargers have either. Why would Harbaugh want to go there? Only team in our division that is good right now is the Jags and they only went 9-8. I think Trevor is good but he has to show me 2 years in a row he can play at a high level before I go on some crazy rant saying the Jags rule. They barely beat the Titans Saturday who was playing a 3rd string QB and they won because of a fumble return. Trevor didn't even play well. The Jags should have won that game by at least 10 points going away if they were all that. I have the Chargers beating them this weekend. We are just a good QB away to be able to win the division and we need the right coach too. Taylor being injured all season gave us no chance of doing anything with the QB's we had and coaching we had.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They would have no chance of winning that division with KC there. Denver has little draft capital and they don't even have a better roster or better QB than the Chargers have either. Why would Harbaugh want to go there? Only team in our division that is good right now is the Jags and they only went 9-8. I think Trevor is good but he has to show me 2 years in a row he can play at a high level before I go on some crazy rant saying the Jags rule. They barely beat the Titans Saturday who was playing a 3rd string QB and they won because of a fumble return. Trevor didn't even play well. The Jags should have won that game by at least 10 points going away if they were all that. I have the Chargers beating them this weekend. We are just a good QB away to be able to win the division and we need the right coach too. Taylor being injured all season gave us no chance of doing anything with the QB's we had and coaching we had.

Lemme rephrase my comment: 

"Jim Caldwell would be a good fit for Russell Wilson" 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lions have 2 key things, they have a dominant O.Line and D.Line. Lions have a much better roster than Denver has. Goff as of now is also better than Wilson as funny as that sounds.

I was meaning back when Caldwell was running the show up there. But yes, this year the Lions are for real. Got some good momentum for next season. 

Archived