Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Chargers @ Colts, MNF, December 26, 2022, 8:15 PM ET

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

They want to win.    They could get a turn over or a stop here.    

I think it makes more sense to make the Chargers use their timeouts. They may have run out of time (maybe not), if the Colts had not taken the TOs. JMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Chargers are bad and they are supposed to have a quarterback .

Our D has generally been good to great against even the best QBs in the league this season. That being said, Herbert does look pretty mid. Doesn't look close to a young Phillip rivers at the very least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I'd be shocked if Sam is on the roster next season.

You'd be better off drafting Stetson Bennett 

Sam is horrible.  I would be shocked if he plays.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Make sure we have the proper D and rested to force them into a fg instead of td, no issue with clock management  there and it worked.

Absolutely correct.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I was also confused as to why we would help the Chargers out by basically calling timeouts for them. Bad clock management by Jeff.

I was very confused. If they had 2+ min left, with the 2 min warning, I would understand taking TOs, but there was less than a minute left. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The best evidence one could come up with for the Colts potentially tanking atm is Sam not starting over Nick in the second half. I'm perfectlly fine with that, but I won't believe for a second that Sam wouldn't look better out there.

I disagree - Foles is a Superbowl MVP who is seeing his 1st game action as a Colt since the preseason, so I'd give him a little latitude since with his experience & postseason success,  he now represents our best chance to win.

• Like 2

Just now, strt182 said:

Still waiting. Yea cus i didnt say no such thing , Thanks.

You say the league will turn into flag football after one of our players gets decked and a guy ejected. 

Then you follow up with the league is protecting players too much. 

I think almost anyone would come to same conclusion as us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

So why are we playing Foles again? I have a hard time believing that he gives us the best chance to win, he looks like a slightly more mobile Matt Ryan. 

We don’t have any talent at QB. Ryan with a stronger arm (Foles) is the best we can put on the field. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I was very confused. If they had 2+ min left, with the 2 min warning, I would understand taking TOs, but there was less than a minute left. 

We weren't going to drive the other way regardless,make sure your D is catching their breath and has time to set up to prevent td and keep it a 1 score game. LAC could have hurried up and got us in mismatch and they had t.o. to burn as well. Smart coaching..it worked.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

You say the league will turn into flag football after one of our players gets decked and a guy ejected. 

Then you follow up with the league is protecting players too much. 

I think almost anyone would come to same conclusion as us. 

i dont take people serious when they don't take player health serious.. such a display of egocentric perspective.  i bet he'd feel different if his son  was ut there getting decapitated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i dont take people serious when they don't take player health serious.. such a display of egocentric perspective.  i bet he'd feel different if his son  was ut there getting decapitated. 

Football in itself is a risk. Football was way more fun to watch when defenders could play. We can point to health but for every Junior Seau there's hundreds of players who lived fine. The flags are getting excessive and are changing the game.

1 minute ago, FuedinHatfield said:

If we're outside the 5 pick do you all think we trade up? I don't see how we couldnt.

No I think we are set on Will Levis and he likely goes 4-7 so we are within his range no matter how it plays out. Stroud will never be a top QB,Richardson needs to sit a year and Young will be gone before we can get him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

The focus on concussions and player health in general is long over due. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FuedinHatfield said:

Football in itself is a risk.

Football has never been satic. the game evolves.  player health is important, and i bet its really easy to avocate for people to take blind side hits when your body doesn't feel any of the impact.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I disagree - Foles is a Superbowl MVP who is seeing his 1st game action as a Colt since the preseason, so I'd give him a little latitude since with his experience & postseason success,  he now represents our best chance to win.

He sucked with the Bears as well, but I digress. At this point it doesn't matter so I hope Foles continues doing what he's doing in the second half lmao.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I played , My son has also played.