Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Foles to start

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Started him because he was carrying out orders.

Fixed it for ya

Irsay =a poor man's Jerry Jones

All you’ve done is prove you have an axe to grind with Jim Irsay. If you hate the dude so much, there’s 31 other teams you could follow. It’s obvious you can’t be objective on this topic .

merry Christmas 

I'm amused at all of the attempts to make sense of the team starting Foles.  Like, "it's their best option to win".  Or, "So they can evaluate the skill players".  I would offer this other, simpler explanation:

They're DESPERATE

They've already started Ryan, and that was a disaster (x2)

They've already started Sam, and he's shown he's not The Answer

Foles is the only quarterback on this team that hasn't started yet.  What can it hurt?

21 minutes ago, Mathis_Fan98 said:

My 2 cents, I do not think it's a matter of winning at this point but more of a matter of not being embarrassed. We can be completive an lose that is less painful.

Yep bingo. At least make it look like we are a NFL offense. But then lose at end. I wanted to lose Saturday but that was down right embarrasing how we lost.

I admit I am an Eagles fan and joined this forum 3 days ago because I love Nick Foles and feel he has gotten a rotten break the last 3 years. He beat Tom Brady the last 2 times they played. Who else can say that? Brady was so upset both times he ran off the field without a handshake.

He has been overlooked in the past for QBs that are a lot worse (Sam Bradford, Minshew, Trubisky, and Dalton). If he plays well the Colts players will be happy - they want to win - and he will improve his value next year as a trade chip or possibly as a starter or mentor for a young QB. All this is worth the risk of moving down in the draft.  Root for your team and for Nick - he is a quality guy who deserves your support. 

3 hours ago, Gigc said:

For the love of God. He nearly--- and should have--- won the Washington game. He made plays, he showed a spark, added with his running and threw the ball pretty well. Two passes changed that game, the one we gave up in the last minute and a half that put them at the goal line, and the one that Pittman flat out dropped with seconds remaining. 

I need to see more. The team needs to see more BEFORE the draft.

"For the love of God"  Really???, ..................do you think what was posted was stupid???

It wasnt 

The team has decided .....for whatever reason.......  they DONT need to see more of Ehlinger BEFORE the draft

He didnt even dress the last two weeks

He is not listed as the starter the rest of the way

That is Foles

If they had even a slight thought that Ehlinger is the future.........  You let him play in these meaningless games

They didnt

My bet is they have a good read on Ehlinger.......  (practice time and a small game time)

He isnt the guy

Time to move on

Colts are not going to tank, even if they do it will never be made public. I know if they win it will hurt our draft position but the FO has done this for real unlike all of us on this online forum. Maybe just maybe they might have more insider info and know what the draft is going to look like. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Colts are not going to tank, even if they do it will never be made public. I know if they win it will hurt our draft position but the FO has done this for real unlike all of us on this online forum. Maybe just maybe they might have more insider info and know what the draft is going to look like. 

Of course they aren’t. Doesn’t mean fans don’t want them to. I just hope Foles makes this look like a nfl offense but lose on the end. That will be accomplishment.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Of course they aren’t. Doesn’t mean fans don’t want them to. I just hope Foles makes this look like a nfl offense but lose on the end. That will be accomplishment.

As a fan, I don't want them to. I don't think that is the way of building a winning mentality.

38 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

"For the love of God"  Really???, ..................do you think what was posted was stupid???

It wasnt 

The team has decided .....for whatever reason.......  they DONT need to see more of Ehlinger BEFORE the draft

He didnt even dress the last two weeks

He is not listed as the starter the rest of the way

That is Foles

If they had even a slight thought that Ehlinger is the future.........  You let him play in these meaningless games

They didnt

My bet is they have a good read on Ehlinger.......  (practice time and a small game time)

He isnt the guy

Time to move on

Yet, I won't be surprised, if he ends up being "the guy" for another team down the road

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

All you’ve done is prove you have an axe to grind with Jim Irsay. If you hate the dude so much, there’s 31 other teams you could follow. It’s obvious you can’t be objective on this topic .

merry Christmas 

Some of the weakest posting. Good heavens...

16 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Yet, I won't be surprised, if he ends up being "the guy" for another team down the road

The guy will probably never be a full time starter at any point.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Some of the weakest posting. Good heavens...

The guy will probably never be a full time starter at any point.

Maybe not. But stranger thing have happened. He played decent in one game, and the entire team stunk vs NE

The way the Colts coaching and front office decision making has been going... Ehlinger will end up all pro with another team.

6 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Don’t come in here and start winning games MF. Dropping to the middle of the 1st round because Foles comes in and we somehow win a majority or all of these last 3 is the most Colts thing ever and you can miss me with every bit of that nonsense. 

@John Waylon this post just literally made me CRACK THE F UP

Mila Kunis Lol GIF

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I imagine if Foles looks just as bad as Ryan it will then be Sam next couple games.

No… please… no more. It has to stop. At some point we will run out of games… right? Or QBs. At some point something will HAVE to run out.  Please someone tell me it will STOP

Abc Musical Chairs GIF by The Bachelorette

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if Nick gets Saturday the HC Job next year because the offense actually looks good. We are about to find out how much was Ryan. Pierce should get mirr foenfirkd plays too as long as oline plays competent.

oh no!!!!!!! we will win out now!!!! i hope we do and foles looks like peyton!!!! qb solved!!! i can dream cant I!!!!

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

merry Christmas 

if not for irsay indy would not have a team. i like irsay because he brought indy a team.

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

My rumor thread was deleted then hours later it turned out to be true

It was not deleted. I still see it but it looks like it was locked because it said "rumor".  In the future, don't write "rumor", as that will lead some to complain that it is a rumor thread. Next time you can simply write "I believe Nick Foles will start the rest of the season". 

Also, we have a thread for what you may find on Reddit, Twitter, etc. That is always an option too.

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It was not deleted. I still see it but it looks like it was locked because it said "rumor".  In the future, don't write "rumor", as that will lead some to complain that it is a rumor thread. Next time you can simply write "I believe Nick Foles will start the rest of the season". 

Also, we have a thread for what you may find on Reddit, Twitter, etc. That is always an option too.

I’m just curious. What is wrong with a rumor thread?

22 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I’m just curious. What is wrong with a rumor thread?

Look up “Jimmy from the Colts”.  Rumors get people worked up and a lot of time it’s over nothing so it’s best just to post things with facts behind them.  For the record I was not one of those who complained about the rumor thread just answering your question.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

If we win out, any odds of the playoffs?

We’re still mathematically not eliminated. Somehow. I don’t know exactly how, I honestly haven’t even cared enough to follow along with that because…

Let’s be serious: This team would get the % beat out of them in the playoffs. The ever-loving % beaten out of them like we owed the other team money. 

Every single player on every potential playoff team should be saying a prayer every night before they go to bed that we somehow back our way into a playoff spot because we’d be nothing more than a free pass to the divisional round. Any player that isn’t praying to god to see us WC weekend is too damn dumb to get in out of the rain. 

And that’s just gonna keep us being stuck in the middle. This team has fallen into a viscous cycle of finishing in the middle and ending up right back there next time around. 

It’s time to suck it up and break the cycle. 

49 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Look up “Jimmy from the Colts”.  Rumors get people worked up and a lot of time it’s over nothing so it’s best just to post things with facts behind them.  For the record I was not one of those who complained about the rumor thread just answering your question.

It’s sad when people can’t handle speculation and/or conversation. Imo people get worked up over the smallest things. I can’t believe something like that gets shut down! What is this Facebook? J/k!

8 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Did you watch him in preseason struggling to complete a pass against 3 rd stringers ?  There is a reason Foles has been moved around to a new team every year . He is washed 

It was a joke hence the laughing

Archived