Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Foles to start

Restinpeacesweetchloe

13 minutes ago, ruf said:

if the jags and titans both lose on sunday we still have a chance.

if we win out and the jags lose one game (sunday) and titans lose out we win the devision by virtue of that tie

still have hope

but if either titans or jags win its over because they play each other and one has to win-so by monday i will know to be hoping for a win or not

Jags play tonight. They can eliminate colts from playoffs with a win because jags and titans play week 18.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, Gigc said:

That's ridiculous. Everyone KNOWS that Foles can play. You need to give Sam run in real games to figure out if HE can play.

I don't understand the long-term logic in this at all.

We have Ryan under contract again next year; seems it would be easier and maybe necessary to keep him as a vet mentor over Foles. We just keep making weird moves.

Agreed, this makes zero sense. But tbh at this point I'm mostly in the "whatever" category. 

Example of poor draft picks-watched the Jets / Jags game last night and Zach Wilson the Jets second pick from Utah I believe is beyond pathetic. His teammates dislike him and the fans hate him. If he has a job with any team next year it would be a miracle. So, look at the Colts right now. Who will be #1, #2 and #3 QBs next year? A draft pick or a draft puck?

34 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Example of poor draft picks-watched the Jets / Jags game last night and Zach Wilson the Jets second pick from Utah I believe is beyond pathetic. His teammates dislike him and the fans hate him. If he has a job with any team next year it would be a miracle. So, look at the Colts right now. Who will be #1, #2 and #3 QBs next year? A draft pick or a draft puck?

He is a mobile QB that has some sort of arm talent traits leading many to ignore his small body-type.  I never saw the appeal of him at the time and its not hard to understand a lack of success.

The likability was low coming out of college.  He is pegged as being some sort of rich kid with a celebrity seeking mom or something.  I chalked that up to bias and I doubt if he ever got a fair shot.  A background like that doesn't provide a very long rope with NY fans or players should performance not cut it.  I have never followed his comments, so the unlikability might be his own doing. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

It’s strictly a business decision to move Sam up.  Now that the Colts are eliminated there is no way they put Ryan out there with a few games left for the obvious reason.

Yeah if Foles struggles  they will go to Sam. Or maybe they give him some snaps throughout the game. This entire season is crazy.

19 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jags play tonight. They can eliminate colts from playoffs with a win because jags and titans play week 18.

it's over lets tank lol

the colt thing to do now is win all 3 games SMH watch it happen

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

We're back to benching Ryan and putting him at #3 for the rest of the season. 

Wonder if we kept Frank and rolled with Sam/Foles we'd be competing for a Division title.

The way it played out is probably better for getting a high draft pick and better for the future.

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah if Foles struggles  they will go to Sam. Or maybe they give him some snaps throughout the game. This entire season is crazy.

To me there’s a place for Sam E in certain packages even if Foles is playing solid. I just wish our coaches were brave enough to try a few things differently. Heck, even Texans are alternating QBs and all I’m talking about is implementing situational packages for Sam.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

To me there’s a place for Sam E in certain packages even if Foles is playing solid. I just wish our coaches were brave enough to try a few things differently. Heck, even Texans are alternating QBs and all I’m talking about is implementing situational packages for Sam.

I agree but without an offensive coordinator it might be a tough thing to game plan for?

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah like crazy colt said with out a OC things are getting changed this late in the session.  But alternating could work without too much effort.

On 12/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, folesfan said:

I admit I am an Eagles fan and joined this forum 3 days ago because I love Nick Foles and feel he has gotten a rotten break the last 3 years. He beat Tom Brady the last 2 times they played. Who else can say that? Brady was so upset both times he ran off the field without a handshake.

He has been overlooked in the past for QBs that are a lot worse (Sam Bradford, Minshew, Trubisky, and Dalton). If he plays well the Colts players will be happy - they want to win - and he will improve his value next year as a trade chip or possibly as a starter or mentor for a young QB. All this is worth the risk of moving down in the draft.  Root for your team and for Nick - he is a quality guy who deserves your support. 

He’s not great but he has done great things.  7 tds in a game and beating the pats in that Super Bowl we’re very impressive feats.  I’m looking forward to seeing a win or two from him.  
Actually I just want to see the ball get aired out a bit.  That is what pierce needs.  Some who can throw the deep ball. 

It’s impressive, in a twisted kind of way, that Ballard acquired three QBs for this roster and there’s a very real debate occurring about which one stinks more. I look around the league and other teams manage to have success with backups — heck, the last player taken in the draft is more than serviceable! 

3 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I look around the league and other teams manage to have success with backups — heck, the last player taken in the draft is more than serviceable! 

I was going to say the same thing. Ehlinger had one good game and one bad one, why not let him play out the season to see what he is capable of when it doesn’t really matter. Everyone knows what foles is, what’s the point in playing him! 

Archived